Trust broken?

djb28

Reaction score
How did it all fall apart so fast? Nothing but gloom articles everyday on my homepage. How much is true I do not know. All I can go by is the product on the field. It looked like they were getting it back last week. We will see.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
AVL":3bhv0x4u said:
I remember AP sent a " We just traded our best player" tweet after Percy was traded to us.

Let's overreacted with the media.
And AP turned out to be an excellent judge of character.... :roll:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3o9pqmum said:
Popeyejones":3o9pqmum said:
Pete treats everyone with kid's gloves.* It's why when a "player's coach" guy has a lot of success everyone in the league is itching to play for him, but also why when it goes south for a "player's coach" guy it can go south really quickly.** .

Harbaugh's a no nonsense hard ass, why do his players get arrested for wielding guns at the airport, beating on their GF's and rumors of players hating to play for him and wanting him gone?

Carroll is no more lenient on his players when it comes to football than any other coach, he's just more diplomatic and positive in how he approaches being a coach..........and the Harvin situation reinforces his stern position. Do things my way, or you're gone.

If you were right, then Harvin would still be here, and so would guys like Brandon Browner, Antoine Winfield and Lendale White. Pete may be all rah rah positive I love everybody when it comes to his philosophy of coaching, but when it comes down to playing, he has zero tolerance for not being 100% about the team and busting your ass to get better.

He would seem to have had an exceptional amount of tolerance for Harvin as this stuff we're hearing about didn't just fall from the sky one day. Locker room fights? Refusal to do as told and play on three separate occasions? They had sunk a lot of resources into Percy Harvin and weren't going to dump him until there was absolutely no other way to resolve the problem. I don't necessarily object to how Pete's handled the situation as it would seem reasonable to me, but let's not make him into some sort of re-incarnation of Vince Lombardi when it comes to holding a stern position or having a zero tolerance for not being 100% about the team. Pete clearly cut one helluva lot of slack for Percy Harvin.

HawkWow

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3beajwah said:
HawkWow":3beajwah said:
Would you trust a priest who says Mary was a virgin over anonymous sources saying she wasn't?

I can't think of many people I'd believe less than a player's agent.

I have apples. Looks like you've got oranges. At least, that's what anonymous sources have told me.

I should probably purchase a kilt.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Never trusted him to begin with. I knew after the first week I met him it was going to be a long two years.

Guy was handed a position he doesn't belong in, and he can't handle it.