Two NFC West teams in the NFC championship....

James in PA

Reaction score
8 years. But nice try tacking on 2 full seasons to try to make your argument seem stronger. How are those old VHS tapes holding up when you try to watch a replay of San Fran's last SB win?

#glorydays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9er4life

Reaction score
James in PA":3t7leho2 said:
8 years. But nice try tacking on 2 full seasons to try to make your argument seem stronger. How are those old VHS tapes holding up when you try to watch a replay of San Fran's last SB win?

#glorydays

Nah no need for old VHS, saw the games live. Pretty well occupied watching my team play with house money in the playoffs. Who are the Hawks playing Sunday?

James in PA

Reaction score
Ah yes, the old "house money" line. The perfect out in case the Niners lose. "Hey, we weren't supposed to have gotten this far ANYWAY." Sure, you guys won't be depressed if they lose. Gotcha. The Hawks? Yep, nowhere to be found on Sunday -- just like Niners fans on Sunday night if they lose.

9er4life

Reaction score
James in PA":ttou1mr2 said:
Ah yes, the old "house money" line. The perfect out in case the Niners lose. "Hey, we weren't supposed to have gotten this far ANYWAY." Sure, you guys won't be depressed if they lose. Gotcha. The Hawks? Yep, nowhere to be found on Sunday -- just like Niners fans on Sunday night if they lose.

Swing and a miss again Bunkey. Been a fan since Plunkett was QB, seen it all. Yes 9ers exceeded most fans expectations (playing with house money), I can explain that term to you but I can't understand it for you. If we lose, will I be disappointed? Sure but its football not life. Unlike some of you 12s win or lose 9ers are still my team.

What team did you root before Russell Wilson was Hawks QB?

James in PA

Reaction score
Oh no! A Niners troll accusing me of being a bandwagon Seahawks fan. Major burn!!! Actually, I've been a fan since they drafted Curt Warner. But given your low IQ, you probably think I'm referring to the former Rams and Cards quarterback. "Hey wait! He never played for the Seahawks!" [emoji23]

9er4life

Reaction score
James in PA":dj2sc9a3 said:
Oh no! A Niners troll accusing me of being a bandwagon Seahawks fan. Major burn!!! Actually, I've been a fan since they drafted Curt Warner. But given your low IQ, you probably think I'm referring to the former Rams and Cards quarterback. "Hey wait! He never played for the Seahawks!" [emoji23]

Enjoy your free Sunday

Marvin49

Reaction score
James in PA":3c2onlyk said:

Hate to break it to ya, but it IS house money. This ain't 2019 when they were the #1 seed in the playoffs. This team was freakin' 3-5 and had lost to the Colt McCoy Cardinals. LOL.

I've been alive long enough to see ALOT of 49er playoff runs and this one has me the least wound up ever. I had no expectations of them even getting to the playoffs after week 8, let alone advancing. This season every week was like "Are they out of it NOW? Is this the week they start Trey Lance?".

This is ALL gravy. I realize that may not be convenient if all you are looking to do is have something to hold over Niner fans, but it makes it no less true.

Will I be sad if they lose? Of course I will. Nobody is saying that....but its hard to get to worked up when you don't get something you never (or at least at midseason) had any expectation to get. I mean when they were down 17-0 in LA and they needed the win just to get the chance to go on the road three times against the top of the NFC, it was bleak.

Bottom Line: Believe what you want. I have no expectations. Can they win on Sunday? Sure. Will I be crushed if they don't? No. Sorry if that disappoints you.

Now if they win the Super Bowl? WOW. That would be the shocker of shockers and it'll be sweeter because we didn't see it coming.

9er4life

Reaction score
Marvin49":2k9mcon7 said:
James in PA":2k9mcon7 said:

Hate to break it to ya, but it IS house money. This ain't 2019 when they were the #1 seed in the playoffs. This team was freakin' 3-5 and had lost to the Colt McCoy Cardinals. LOL.

I've been alive long enough to see ALOT of 49er playoff runs and this one has me the least wound up ever. I had no expectations of them even getting to the playoffs after week 8, let alone advancing. This season every week was like "Are they out of it NOW? Is this the week they start Trey Lance?".

This is ALL gravy. I realize that may not be convenient if all you are looking to do is have something to hold over Niner fans, but it makes it no less true.

Will I be sad if they lose? Of course I will. Nobody is saying that....but its hard to get to worked up when you don't get something you never (or at least at midseason) had any expectation to get. I mean when they were down 17-0 in LA and they needed the win just to get the chance to go on the road three times against the top of the NFC, it was bleak.

Bottom Line: Believe what you want. I have no expectations. Can they win on Sunday? Sure. Will I be crushed if they don't? No. Sorry if that disappoints you.

Now if they win the Super Bowl? WOW. That would be the shocker of shockers and it'll be sweeter because we didn't see it coming.

Very well said. Sadly, probably too much for him to comprehend.

There's a handful of Hawks fans that I'm sure get it and a bunch that are too clueless or butthurt to get it or admit to it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
9er4life":2abdu7dz said:
Marvin49":2abdu7dz said:
James in PA":2abdu7dz said:

There's a handful of Hawks fans that I'm sure get it and a bunch that are too clueless or butthurt to get it or admit to it.

The funniest part is where he said Niner fans will disappear if they lose. I've been here for years win or lose.

Who will show up if they lose? Arlos. He'll show up after three weeks chirping about fudge packing. Where has HE been these last two games. LOL.

Where's FADE who argued with me before the season that it was like a foregone conclusion the Niners would have losing season and wondering if Shanahan keeps his job....because you know, 2019 was a fluke.

I really don't talk sh*t, and Niners are better than a 50-50 shot to lose this weekend, but its odd how we get accused of disappearing after a loss but those guy have vanished for weeks when the Niners are winning.

9er4life

Reaction score
Marvin49":1aaxzz2s said:
9er4life":1aaxzz2s said:
Marvin49":1aaxzz2s said:
James in PA":1aaxzz2s said:

The funniest part is where he said Niner fans will disappear if they lose. I've been here for years win or lose.

Who will show up if they lose? Arlos. He'll show up after three weeks chirping about fudge packing. Where has HE been these last two games. LOL.

Where's FADE who argued with me before the season that it was like a foregone conclusion the Niners would have losing season and wondering if Shanahan keeps his job....because you know, 2019 was a fluke.

I really don't talk sh*t, and Niners are better than a 50-50 shot to lose this weekend, but its odd how we get accused of disappearing after a loss but those guy have vanished for weeks when the Niners are winning.

It's like SH and his SBs this century crap. He himself mentions 9er trophies more than we do.

Even if 9ers were to win this week and move on to the SB and win their record would be 1-2 "this century". I'm sure he'll find some way to claim theirs is somehow better, at least in his own mind.

James in PA

Reaction score
Well I know that WA9er loser (or whatever name he is going by this week) will disappear for a while if they lose. And guys, please stop lying. You will be crushed if they lose. I know you're thinking team of destiny and all that crap. You're just trying to protect yourself. And I'm actually rooting for the Niners to beat the Rams, but Niner fans aren't making it easy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Unless you win nobody but that teams fans care or remember any years playoff team.

It's all irrelevant except for arguments for the sake of argument.

We all do it, so house money and expectations are no different, how many number one seeds are left?

9er4life

Reaction score
James in PA":2k5vpb1h said:
Well I know that WA9er loser (or whatever name he is going by this week) will disappear for a while if they lose. And guys, please stop lying. You will be crushed if they lose. I know you're thinking team of destiny and all that crap. You're just trying to protect yourself. And I'm actually rooting for the Niners to beat the Rams, but Niner fans aren't making it easy.

I could care less who you root for. Could care less if you believe us. In my lifetime I've survived a natural disaster, several near fatal car and motorcycle accidents, time in combat. Believe me I've learned what is important in life and football is just a sport I follow.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yet here you are all the time on a pro football message board.

Marvin49

Reaction score
James in PA":3tfu5aas said:

I promise you. I am not lying. I’m being completely serious.

I will be disappointed for certain, but crushed? Not close. I was crushed when they lost to the Giants in NFCCG. I was crushed when they lost to the Ravens. I was crushed in Seattle NFCCG. Chiefs Super Bowl was horrible.

This year? Really not. I’ve expected them to lose at every stage. If they win this weekend I’d expect they play the Chiefs and I’d again assume they lose.

I don’t know how else to explain this to you. When you have no expectation it’s hard to get too disappointed.

I expect Jimmy to make that critical mistake that spells the end of his time in SF and makes start of Trey Lance era.

I DO NOT see this as a team of destiny. I see it as a team built differently than all of their opponents which makes them a tough out. That’s it.

If they win the ring…awesome. ;-)

Put another way, if I were a Rams or Packers fan and they lost, THEN I’d be crushed. Why? Those teams went all in to win it THIS YEAR.

49ers went all in to draft their QB of the future.

9er4life

Reaction score
James in PA":2m5c3h1h said:

Here I will say it slowly, I..f..o..l..l..o..w..f..o..o..t..b..a..l..l

9er4life

Reaction score
James in PA":1nyzdt4f said:

I'm also a member of boards belonging to atleast 10 other NFC teams so don't feel like yours is special.

With all the automated notifications it's real easy to keep up.

James in PA

Reaction score
t..r..o..l..l..i..n..g c..o..n..s..t..a..n..t..l..y on the message board of a team you don't root for. What a great way to spend your free time.

9er4life

Reaction score
James in PA":2vnaakov said:
t..r..o..l..l..i..n..g c..o..n..s..t..a..n..t..l..y

on

the

board

of

a

team

you

don't

root

for.

What

a

great

way

to

spend

your

free

time.

Need a tissue?

flv

Reaction score
Marvin49":3et3b8ph said:
I promise you. I am not lying. I’m being completely serious.

I will be disappointed for certain, but crushed? Not close. I was crushed when they lost to the Giants in NFCCG. I was crushed when they lost to the Ravens. I was crushed in Seattle NFCCG. Chiefs Super Bowl was horrible.

This year? Really not. I’ve expected them to lose at every stage. If they win this weekend I’d expect they play the Chiefs and I’d again assume they lose.

I don’t know how else to explain this to you. When you have no expectation it’s hard to get too disappointed.

I expect Jimmy to make that critical mistake that spells the end of his time in SF and makes start of Trey Lance era.

I DO NOT see this as a team of destiny. I see it as a team built differently than all of their opponents which makes them a tough out. That’s it.

If they win the ring…awesome. ;-)

Put another way, if I were a Rams or Packers fan and they lost, THEN I’d be crushed. Why? Those teams went all in to win it THIS YEAR.

49ers went all in to draft their QB of the future.
Well put. This was never supposed to be the 49ers year. You don't invest huge resources into a developmental rookie and sit him for most of the year with an expectation of being the best in the league at the same time. The 49ers were a good team before 2021. Hit or miss with Lance they'll be a good team going forward. I expected them to make the playoffs and be a tough out, but nothing more. I didn't think they'd get this far but as a Rams fan hoping the team could avoid a trip East, i'm glad they have.