The REAL 'elephant in the room' (NFC West)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
**** that loser mentality it can ALWAYS be better check out the 49ers. The NFL always runs in cycles right now it's all about the AFC. And please for all that is sane stop thinking Pete and John can't be replaced immediately by people far better.

The Niners haven't won a Superbowl in almost three decades.

You change things when you go 5-11 and 2-14 in consecutive years, not when you're still winning and going to the playoffs every year. The fact that you and others keep beating the same drum WHILE we're winning and building another great roster tells me you have no idea what you're talking about, and just want change cause you can't admit you're wrong.

Torc

Reaction score
I think you'll see more realistic analysis once Purdy has lost a couple of games. Right now our only options are "he's a combination of Marino, Vick, and Montana and can do no wrong, the absolute paragon of the QB position", or "he's just a product of the system, look at all the skill players around him".

At some point a team is going to match up really well, or a defensive coordinator will figure out a strategy that knocks him off his game. Other DCs will copy it and Kyle will act to offset the weakness. The chess match will resume. Then we'll have a better sense of where he fits in among the other QBs.

Either that or he'll never lose a game his entire career. Which do you think is more likely?

If you're a Whiner fan, just enjoy it. Purdy is playing really dang well and the Whiners should be considered the front runners for the super bowl. I'm not sure why fans feel the need to get validation from opposing teams about their QB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Niners haven't won a Superbowl in almost three decades.

You change things when you go 5-11 and 2-14 in consecutive years, not when you're still winning and going to the playoffs every year. The fact that you and others keep beating the same drum WHILE we're winning and building another great roster tells me you have no idea what you're talking about, and just want change cause you can't admit you're wrong.
You just do you. I'm not mad but you will be it seems.

If no catastrophic injuries happen San Francisco gets 6 this year unless Kansas City plays clean. Purdy plays correctly but Mahomes if needed can carry his team and take over the entire game.

Last edited:

Marvin49

Reaction score

If no catastrophic injuries happen San Francisco gets 6 this year unless Kansas City plays clean. Purdy plays correctly but Mahomes if needed can carry his team and take over the entire game.

I hope you are right....

...but that clause is really the problem, isn't it? They just haven't been able to stay healthy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I think Purdy is the real deal. Therefore, I am knowledgeable. Therefore, my post is unassailable. And I'm sorry for you folks who don't think Purdy is the real deal, by Marvin's definition you are not knowledgeable.

I think it's too early to say but its very promising if you are a Niner fan.

Just think about where you are tho. Can you imagine if it looked like the Seahawks just got what looked like a 23 year old franchise QB on a rookie deal making 870k for the next 2 years and it cost them next to nothing?

To even get them to admit he's good is a herculean feat...as it would be on any teams rival forum.

The dude is 23. That means if he really is this good....he's gonna be a thorn for 1-2 DECADES. Would YOU wanna stare that down?

...as for "Real Deal"? I'll just say this. To me, the most impressive thing I saw Sunday night was back to back plays and one didn't count.

3rd and 4 and he hits a dime for 40 yard catch and run by Aiyuk right over the shoulder on the sideline. Called back on a Holding Penalty. Camera pans to him. No look of disappointment. No reaction. No complaint to the ref. Just looking for next play. 3rd and 14. Hits Deebo on an even better throw for 42 yard catch and run. Camera pans to him. No celebration. No fist pump. Just jogs down the field listening for the next play. Calm.

To me....that was a "Wow" moment. They scored a few plays later on 3rd TD to Kittle.

Last edited:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I might get flamed for this, but watching Purdy reminds me of Kellen Moore at Boise State under Chris Peterson. The intelligence, anticipation, placement of his throws were always immaculate. He was never throwing darts that others couldn't, but he always had the ball just in the right spot for his guys to make a play.

Also, I hate that I have to root against Purdy. Sunday was a very impressive performance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

It's October, I'm not ready to crown anyone yet. Lots can happen between now and January.

Thinking that SF is going to win the SB doesn't change any of what we've been discussing, or whatever football opinion you're trying to get across to me as to why you think a coaching and/or GM change should have happened, and still should happen during the most successful run in franchise history.

So yeah, I'll do me. You keep being wrong.