Tyler Lockett gets Extension

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":tyl59mva said:
hawknation2018":tyl59mva said:
Obviously, they feel a lot more confident in Lockett’s upside than many of the people on social media.

You know, I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think it is that as much as it is the uncertainty of the whole thing.

But what signing is ever a sure thing? Of course there's uncertainty, but if Tyler can contribute to over all yards as the post above indicated, he's worth it for us.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1ad36eg4 said:
hawknation2018":1ad36eg4 said:
Obviously, they feel a lot more confident in Lockett’s upside than many of the people on social media.

You know, I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think it is that as much as it is the uncertainty of the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure it is a good thing. If anyone is worth resigning, relative, it would be him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
ivotuk":3vjwt5pc said:
MontanaHawk05":3vjwt5pc said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1034913428312223745[/tweet]

Truth :snack:

IMO that doesn't mean as much as Pete wants us to think it does. Efficiency is much better than volume and return yards are easier to come by than scrimmage yards. For example, if Lockett returns a kickoff 20 yards, he actually lost 5 yards compared to a touch back.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
adeltaY":3swcukad said:
ivotuk":3swcukad said:
MontanaHawk05":3swcukad said:

IMO that doesn't mean as much as Pete wants us to think it does. Efficiency is much better than volume and return yards are easier to come by than scrimmage yards. For example, if Lockett returns a kickoff 20 yards, he actually lost 5 yards compared to a touch back.

In terms of efficiency, Lockett was ranked 3rd in WR DVOA in 2015. That was before his injury.

The FO must feel he will return to those heights.

chris98251

Reaction score
Somewhere Earl Thomas is trying to figure out how much Top Ramen he could buy with Lockett's contract to feed his family.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Just watch this. You'll feel quite a bit better.

[youtube]dc7NxsWTF8E[/youtube]

Smellyman

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2d4cq95m said:

but...he's not....worth....it....right?

D

DomeHawk

Ad Hawk":q8g44c1l said:
DomeHawk":q8g44c1l said:
hawknation2018":q8g44c1l said:

But what signing is ever a sure thing? Of course there's uncertainty, but if Tyler can contribute to over all yards as the post above indicated, he's worth it for us.

Obviously there are no sure things but are there different levels of risk. In fact that is what we are talking about here, risk management. We gave him top level talent money before he played one single down this year. What is that based on? He's good but he's never really been top level. I can't think of one single player that we have done that for before.

adeltaY

Reaction score
hawknation2018":yhob4zxk said:
adeltaY":yhob4zxk said:
ivotuk":yhob4zxk said:
MontanaHawk05":yhob4zxk said:

In terms of efficiency, Lockett was ranked 3rd in WR DVOA in 2015. That was before his injury.

The FO must feel he will return to those heights.

Ah, now you're speaking my language. :2thumbs:

Cartire

Reaction score
Those that are arguing the Tate deal, arent referencing the elephant in the room.
Harvin was suppose to be the next coming. Then Harvin Harvin'd, and we all collectively decried, "****, why did we let Tate go?".

Havrin was a migraine. JS rolled the dice. Lost.

I can only imagine how much better we would have been the last 4 years with Tate.

Edit: Hi.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Too much money for a mediocre receiver. Good return man, never gonna amount to much as receiver.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ivotuk":3m97msx6 said:
Odell Beckham just got 18 million per year, and you're upset that Lockett got "near half" that?" He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I'll bet he makes at least 3/4 as many touchdowns as ODB. Which would mean he's worth $13.5 million per year.
Has Lockett been half as good as ODB to earn it? I don’t think so but some one obviously does. I hope he lives up to the new deal. Now how’s this going to fly with the defense? It certainly won’t help bring Earl in and Our star LB was just complaining publicly last week that guys on the offense were being over paid.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Whoa, over paid. Lockett isnt even sniffing top 30 wide reciever status. This wont make Baldwin happy.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seymour":h8ig4bo2 said:
ivotuk":h8ig4bo2 said:
Seymour":h8ig4bo2 said:
sutz":h8ig4bo2 said:
Maybe they realized that Tate was a mistake? Or maybe Tate didn't want to stay at any price.

And Tate happened a couple of years ago. The market changes.

Not the case. Tate would have stayed for around $6-7M per year. Pete even commented that it was disappointing he never got their best offer for some weird reason? Lockett making near double that is not inflation.

It was 7 million. And 10 million is not "near double" that.

Tate got mad after the first offer, ran to Detroit and signed the first thing that they offered (7 million). He was on 710 "venting" about it, but that's all on him. He was upset because of what Percy Harvin got paid. Can't blame him, but you don't make business decisions based on emotions.

Splitting hairs here. Tate said he would have stayed for less so lets use 6 and that is NEAR double at over 10. How about we move on to Baldwin for more recent comparison of the point I'm making??

I'm going to wait to see how this Lockett contract goes before I have an opinion, but an increase from 6 to 10 is not "near double". It's a 67% increase (rounding up to an integer).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am hopeful this means 3 things:

1 - Lockett is fully healthy and he is doing things in camp that we are not aware of.

2 - The team has a plan to use him as a pivotal part of a greater focus on offense.

3 - We made this deal while still retaining a plan to keep Baldwin when his time to renew is up.

It feels like a deal for potential rather than production (as another poster already pointed out). And it seems they must have realized just how terrible the decision to let Tate walk was. (Tate might be available again at some point and he was a better fit for the Hawks than anywhere else. Hopefully, they get him back if he becomes available).

I am cautiously optimistic about our WR group this year. Not clear why they were in such a rush to resign a smallish WR that is coming off an injury but he was important to this team when he was healthy so I hope this means he is healthy again.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2gp60zmt said:
Somewhere Earl Thomas is trying to figure out how much Top Ramen he could buy with Lockett's contract to feed his family.

Container ship c 01

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm totally okay with Lockett's extension... both in duration and dollars... because I'm guessing that we going to see him returning both punts and kickoffs again.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2fi9ek36 said:
Just watch this. You'll feel quite a bit better.

[youtube]dc7NxsWTF8E[/youtube]
Thanks for posting this. If Tyler has his rookie speed back, look out NFL.

Latest posts