Tyrann Mathieu will miss rest of season with a torn ACL

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1xww3bbb said:
Hate to see anyone go down with an injury like this, but this sure does help our chances of getting to the SB if we have to face AZ.

It definitely hurts them on defense, but that offense is still the best in the conference right now and will be a force in January.

Very big injury. Very very big.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
ringless":a0p99dnl said:
He is out with a Torn ACL.

Thats too bad, he had to have been rated as a top 3 safety this year. This will be one that will be hard for the team to recover from. He does a lot for this team as a hybrid.

Our radio guys don't think this is something the team can recover from. Really sad because he deserves to be on the field. Terrible news.

Hes actually the top rated CB in the NFL by a "long shot" according to the ESPN article.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Cardinals are done.

I'm sorry to say that. Once we have a healthy Beast Mode back, no way they can beat us without their best defensive player. He's the heart and soul of that defense. We put up 30 some when our offense wasn't firing on all cylinders against yall with him in the line-up and making an impact. You can't replace him, not possible. We can't replace Earl if he was gone, the same goes for the Honey Badger.

Sad, cause when we beat yall. Every single Cards fan is going to point to this injury as the deciding factor.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":av3tnn31 said:
Cardinals are done.

I'm sorry to say that. Once we have a healthy Beast Mode back, no way they can beat us without their best defensive player. He's the heart and soul of that defense. We put up 30 some when our offense wasn't firing on all cylinders against yall with him in the line-up and making an impact. You can't replace him, not possible. We can't replace Earl if he was gone, the same goes for the Honey Badger.

Sad, cause when we beat yall. Every single Cards fan is going to point to this injury as the deciding factor.

The cards weren't gonna make it past the Seahawks anyway, now they have their built in excuse they were desperately looking for.

ringless

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1ohv67dd said:
Cardinals are done.

Well 14 of those points came off back to back fumbles in our own Redzone. So the offense put up 16 points. I highly doubt that part happens again. Luckily when we play you in the post season it will be a home game. And a lot can still happen between now and then.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
ringless":1okhbww1 said:
ApnaHawk":1okhbww1 said:
Cardinals are done.

Well 14 of those points came off back to back fumbles in our own Redzone. So the offense put up 16 points. I highly doubt that part happens again. Luckily when we play you in the post season it will be a home game. And a lot can still happen between now and then.

Much respect to you Ringless, you're a great guy. If we don't win the bowl, I hope yall do.

However, we will have Marshawn Lynch back next time we play. This is the first time in his career I believe he's going to be well rested and ready to go. Another thing regarding HFA. I think both of our teams have proven they can go in each others home and win.

Of course a lot can happen between now and then. We could lose anyone as well, but as it stands now you have to admit that playing us without the Honey Badger has become a lot more nerve wrecking.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":92vtg7rr said:
Cardinals are done.

"When" You're talking about the regular season, right? Because you still have to go through Carolina & that win is far from guaranteed.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Uhhh genuinely feel sorry for the kid. Was having such a monster year too.

This year is turning out to be a real "survival of the healthiest" bowl.

Rob12

Reaction score
Happened during garbage time?

Why was he still out there?

Hope he makes a full recovery.

ringless

Reaction score
We only had 7 active DBs so we didn't have anyone else to go out there.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
rideaducati":1trj5g99 said:
ApnaHawk":1trj5g99 said:

The cards weren't gonna make it past the Seahawks anyway, now they have their built in excuse they were desperately looking for.

The most entertaining part about this post is the fact that the Seahawks have apparently already defeated the Redskins and the Panthers and have booked their ticket to the NFCCG with 2 weeks to go in the regular season.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3f1wumax said:
rideaducati":3f1wumax said:
ApnaHawk":3f1wumax said:

The most entertaining part about this post is the fact that the Seahawks have apparently already defeated the Redskins and the Panthers and have booked their ticket to the NFCCG with 2 weeks to go in the regular season.

If we have "already defeated . . . the Panthers," then we would have probably already WON the NFC Championship Game. This just shows how little Cards fans understand about the playoffs.

0-1, again.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
That's too bad about Tyrann Mathieu. I'm not sure the Cardinals defense can bounce back from that loss. ACL surgeries take a lot of time to return to form . . . he could spend several weeks on the physically unable to perform list, and even then he would probably only be playing at around 70%. Then he will be a free agent if he is not signed to an extension in the midst of his recovery. if Arizona is unwilling to spend $10 million a year on Tyrann Mathieu, someone else probably will.

ringless

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2v2ibmka said:
AZ_fan":2v2ibmka said:
rideaducati":2v2ibmka said:
ApnaHawk":2v2ibmka said:

If we have "already defeated . . . the Panthers," then we would have already WON the NFC Championship Game. This just shows how little Cards fans understand about the playoffs.

0-1, again.

Well this is amusing because you're wrong. Not only did you classify all cardinals fans as uneducated. You went on to prove your own ignorance while doing so. Seattle would play Carolina in the divisional round. Not the Championship. So I guess the jokes on you and how little you know about the playoffs.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":2yotoeux said:
Well this is amusing because you're wrong. Not only did you classify all cardinals fans as uneducated. You went on to prove your own ignorance while doing so. Seattle would play Carolina in the divisional round. Not the Championship. So I guess the jokes on you and how little you know about the playoffs.

Not if they secure the 5th seed and the 6th seed knocks off the 3rd seed was my point, which you MISSED.

:1: