Tyrann Mathieu will miss rest of season with a torn ACL

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":216maofm said:
I hate to agree with this AZ_Fan guy, but he ran well against the 31st best rush defense in football (only being ahead of New Orleans by 20 yards). I'm not ready to trumpet Christine Michael as the guy that will carry the Seahawks on a Super Bowl run. Realistically, I don't think we get past an Arizona or Carolina without Marshawn Lynch in the fold.

See there man! There's nothing wrong with being a realist! I'm glad you chimed it... because I thought for a minute I was going to have to call out dude for posting a highlight video against the Browns.

I saw that and I was like "Really?" I did watch the game... and it was still the Browns defense.

So yeah... let's hold off on crowning Michael for now.

MagHawk":216maofm said:
AZ_fan":216maofm said:
I'm 41 years old and have been watching football since the 1981 season... I know exactly how the playoffs work. Thanks for the insult though... No offense taken. :mrgreen:

So, it must be a real treat to root for your Cards in December, and not the accepted replacement team like normal, huh?

I praise the NFL every night for the 2002 realignment that got us out of the NFCE... it was so hard watching the Cowboys, Redskins and Giants win all those Super Bowls.

You guys are grateful too right?

Must have been rough seeing the Raiders and Broncos own the division for the 21 out of 26 years you didn't make the playoffs back in the AFCW...

Back to the original topic... we'll be fine. :th2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Mathieu is a good player and this is a loss for the Cards but he's way too hyped. He's definitely not the best safety in the league. Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, and Eric Berry are definitely better than him.

chris98251

Reaction score
He a dynamic player that just seems to make things happen and get turnovers and cause them, sometimes a value is beyond stats.

Rob12

Reaction score
AZ_Fan,

"Trap" games don't exist in the playoffs. It's win or go home and enjoy the offseason. If this was Week 5, sure. But the PLAYOFFS? Come on, man. If we draw the Redskins we're out for blood, and we're not looking forward to the Divisional Round.

One thing I know for sure - never has there been an unprepared Seahawks team in the playoffs under PC. And that won't happen this year, either.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Rob12":6qirgyo3 said:
AZ_Fan,

"Trap" games don't exist in the playoffs. It's win or go home and enjoy the offseason. If this was Week 5, sure. But the PLAYOFFS? Come on, man. If we draw the Redskins we're out for blood, and we're not looking forward to the Divisional Round.

So I used the wrong adjective to describe a playoff game... you still get the point I was trying to make.

... and I was referring to the posters that are apparently overlooking not only the Redskins... but everyone else too. You know.. .the "if we continue to play like we have been playing NOBODY is going to beat us."

Sorry but I'm a realist and the last time I checked the Ravens and Browns weren't in the NFC playoffs. I do like the confidence though... and that is all I'm gonna say about that in this thread.

Let's keep it on topic... :th2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Visiting fans shocked to find less than objective opinions about Seahawks on Seahawks board... defend opposition with less than objective statements

world keeps spinning...

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3lnqlug4 said:
Rob12":3lnqlug4 said:
AZ_Fan,

So I used the wrong adjective to describe a playoff game... you still get the point I was trying to make.

... and I was referring to the posters that are apparently overlooking not only the Redskins... but everyone else too. You know.. .the "if we continue to play like we have been playing NOBODY is going to beat us."

Sorry but I'm a realist and the last time I checked the Ravens and Browns weren't in the NFC playoffs. I do like the confidence though... and that is all I'm gonna say about that in this thread.

Let's keep it on topic... :th2thumbs:

The Steelers and Vikings likely will be.

Being the realist that you are, how do you believe this injury will impact your defense?

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1doszzr4 said:
Visiting fans shocked to find less than objective opinions about Seahawks on Seahawks board... defend opposition with less than objective statements

world keeps spinning...

:th2thumbs:

hawknation2015":1doszzr4 said:

Being the realist that you are, how do you believe this injury will impact your defense?

You mean the Vikings... the Steelers are in the AFC.

As for the injury.... brutal. Would be like losing Earl Thomas.

It's not a season ender like losing Palmer last year though... and yes... 9-1 to 11-5 with 2 losses to Seattle as well as a first round playoff exit is 100% due to the fact we had a 3rd stringer under center.

This team is still good enough to win it all...

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
AZ_fan":21ply7mx said:
Uncle Si":21ply7mx said:

world keeps spinning...

:th2thumbs:

hawknation2015":21ply7mx said:

You mean the Vikings... the Steelers are in the AFC.

As for the injury.... brutal. Would be like losing Earl Thomas.

It's not a season ender like losing Palmer last year though... and yes... 9-1 to 11-5 with 2 losses to Seattle as well as a first round playoff exit is 100% due to the fact we had a 3rd stringer under center.

This team is still good enough to win it all...

Yes, but what difference does that make? The Steelers will likely make the playoffs . . . they are the same team that beat Arizona with the lethal combination of Mike Vick and Landry Jones under center.

If the Seahawks lost Earl Thomas for the rest of the season, I don't know that I would feel the same way. But maybe I am not as realistic as you are. :th2thumbs:

AZ_fan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2vqt8768 said:
Yes, but what difference does that make? The Steelers will likely make the playoffs . . . they are the same team that beat Arizona with the lethal combination of Mike Vick and Landry Jones under center.

Back in week 6 right? Right around the same time that the Seahawks were getting beat by Andy Dalton? Can I use the same excuse you guys do regarding early season losses and say that what happened 3 months ago doesn't matter?

You're really bringing up the Steelers? LOL... Ben torched your vaunted D for 500 yards in a game that very well could have been a loss.

... and yeah, the Steelers will likely make the playoffs and might even make the Super Bowl... it's looking like they might be the only team that can knock off the Pats...

... but do you really want an XL beatdown all over again?

hawknation2015":2vqt8768 said:
If the Seahawks lost Earl Thomas for the rest of the season, I don't know that I would feel the same way. But maybe I am not as realistic as you are. :th2thumbs:

The D can step up... it's not nearly as bad as losing a QB... or a RB.

If Lynch doesn't it make it back 100% your playoff run is DONE... and please don't say Christine Michael is your savior.

We can recover from this... out offense is still a force... ask your D about that.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
AZ_fan":29ymxjil said:
hawknation2015":29ymxjil said:

Back in week 6 right? Right around the same time that the Seahawks were getting beat by Andy Dalton? Can I use the same excuse you guys do regarding early season losses and say that what happened 3 months ago doesn't matter?

Holy smokes . . . are you really attempting to draw a comparison between Mike Vick/Landry Jones AND Andy Dalton,who has one of the best QB ratings in the league and led a then-undefeated Cincinnati to an overtime win? If the answer is yes, you have clearly lost touch with reality. Get a grip.

[You're really bringing up the Steelers? LOL... Ben torched your vaunted D for 500 yards in a game that very well could have been a loss.

... and yeah, the Steelers will likely make the playoffs and might even make the Super Bowl... it's looking like they might be the only team that can knock off the Pats...

... but do you really want an XL beatdown all over again?

You're not being very "realistic" now, and your trash talk is pathetic. Seahawks beat the Steelers by nine points with Roethlisberger under center. Arizona LOST to the Steelers by 12 points with Mike Vick/Landry Jones under center.

To answer your question, I would love to see the Seahawks give the Steelers a 2nd beatdown.

The D can step up... it's not nearly as bad as losing a QB... or a RB.

If Lynch doesn't it make it back 100% your playoff run is DONE... and please don't say Christine Michael is your savior.

We can recover from this... out offense is still a force... ask your D about that.

If losing a QB is as important as you say, and I'm not denying that it is, then how did Mike Vick/Landry Jones beat the crap out of your team?

Lynch is on track to return before the end of the regular season. But in case we decide to rest him, get ready to watch Christine Michael run roughshod over your pathetic, overrated defense next week.

:snack:

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1gbrj5iq said:
Uh oh....

LOL.. as good as I am at dodging shrapnel I decided that it wasn't worth it so I put the pin back in... but he already quoted it so might as well leave it now.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Trying to decide... Cards fan or just another disgruntled Niner fan in full identity crisis. Argues like a Niner fan.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Laloosh":2yxsg348 said:
Trying to decide... Cards fan or just another disgruntled Niner fan in full identity crisis. Argues like a Niner fan.

Yeah, what sane Arizona fan tries to attack a team for BEATING the freaking Steelers? And to bring up XL? True Cardinals fans felt their own pain in losing to the Steelers in XLIII. This reads like a case of a disgruntled Whiner fan adopting Arizona as his playoff team du jour.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":dow4q1os said:
Holy smokes . . . are you really attempting to draw a comparison between Mike Vick/Landry Jones AND Andy Dalton,who has one of the best QB ratings in the league and led a then-undefeated Cincinnati to an overtime win? If the answer is yes, you have clearly lost touch with reality. Get a grip.

Nobody cares man... every team has a bad game every now and then.

Tell me more about that atrocious 13-12 win in Dallas... and since you love talking about us losing to garbage QB's... here's one for ya.

Nick Foles.

MagHawk":dow4q1os said:
Been a while since we have seen such an uppity Cards fan - it's almost cute.

Even funnier watching him try to salvage his charred remains.

Not trying to salvage anything... I stand behind everything I say.

I just realized something though... it was YOU who posted the Christine Michael highlight reel vs the Browns.

O M G

The same guy who was cut by Seattle for being garbage, couldn't make it in Dallas because he was garbage despite the fact Dallas NEEDED a RB BADLY... went to Washington and was cut again off the PS because.. he's garbage.

But keep pounding your chest after his game breaking performance against the 31st ranked run defense... LMAO

Better yet.. follow the advice of your fellow Seahawks fan...

Hasselbeck":dow4q1os said:
I hate to agree with this AZ_Fan guy, but he ran well against the 31st best rush defense in football (only being ahead of New Orleans by 20 yards). I'm not ready to trumpet Christine Michael as the guy that will carry the Seahawks on a Super Bowl run. Realistically, I don't think we get past an Arizona or Carolina without Marshawn Lynch in the fold.

Read that like 5 times really slow. ^

Yeah, what sane Arizona fan tries to attack a team for BEATING the freaking Steelers? And to bring up XL? True Cardinals fans felt their own pain in losing to the Steelers in XLIII. This reads like a case of a disgruntled Whiner fan adopting Arizona as his playoff team du jour.

There's no love for the 49ers here. I'm over the XLIII pain. Life goes on.

Now I gotta get back to work... this thread has gone far enough off topic and I won't be posting in it anymore.

Go Cards. :th2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This thread reads like someone giving a press conference, only written..

"yes, John, let me answer your question."

"Now yours Diane"

"Jane, if I can just take a moment to get to your point"

"John, did I get to you yet? Let me repeat"

Its starting to look like a Frank Lloyd Wright schematic..