Tyrann Mathieu will miss rest of season with a torn ACL

Rob12

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2oskqru7 said:
rideaducati":2oskqru7 said:
ApnaHawk":2oskqru7 said:
Sad, cause when we beat yall. Every single Cards fan is going to point to this injury as the deciding factor.

The cards weren't gonna make it past the Seahawks anyway, now they have their built in excuse they were desperately looking for.

The most entertaining part about this post is the fact that the Seahawks have apparently already defeated the Redskins and the Panthers and have booked their ticket to the NFCCG with 2 weeks to go in the regular season.

It's not far-fetched in the least. At least admit that.

Recent history is on our side. And you're on .NET. What do you expect?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawknation2015":27sq3fd4 said:
ringless":27sq3fd4 said:
Well this is amusing because you're wrong. Not only did you classify all cardinals fans as uneducated. You went on to prove your own ignorance while doing so. Seattle would play Carolina in the divisional round. Not the Championship. So I guess the jokes on you and how little you know about the playoffs.

Not if they secure the 5th seed and the 6th seed knocks off the 3rd seed was my point, which you MISSED.

:1:

Sorry bud, but Bridgewater isn't going into GB and beating Rodgers.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3tk8kwjm said:
hawknation2015":3tk8kwjm said:
ringless":3tk8kwjm said:
Well this is amusing because you're wrong. Not only did you classify all cardinals fans as uneducated. You went on to prove your own ignorance while doing so. Seattle would play Carolina in the divisional round. Not the Championship. So I guess the jokes on you and how little you know about the playoffs.

Not if they secure the 5th seed and the 6th seed knocks off the 3rd seed was my point, which you MISSED.

But there is that POSSIBILITY, especially with how inconsistent Aaron Rodgers and their defense have played . . . which apparently the Cards fans on this board did not know, LOL.

Be afraid, Cards fans, be very afraid. The last two games you watch from this season could very well be two crushing defeats to the Seahawks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2p2g90a5 said:
rideaducati":2p2g90a5 said:
ApnaHawk":2p2g90a5 said:
Sad, cause when we beat yall. Every single Cards fan is going to point to this injury as the deciding factor.

The cards weren't gonna make it past the Seahawks anyway, now they have their built in excuse they were desperately looking for.

The most entertaining part about this post is the fact that the Seahawks have apparently already defeated the Redskins and the Panthers and have booked their ticket to the NFCCG with 2 weeks to go in the regular season.

Yep. I know what the Seahawks do in the playoffs and I have no doubts. The Seahawks had a lead in the fourth quarter in the games vs the cards and Prancers...and that was when the Seahawks were playing awful on offense. Things are definitely different now and neither game should go the same way. If the Seahawks continue to play like they have been, NOBODY is going to beat them. I know I will be much more confident going in to every playoff game than any opposing fan will be. If the Seahawks lose, I guarantee it will be because of poor officiating or a fluky play and it won't be because of anything your Cards or Prancers have done on their own.

Rex

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":22h6d9td said:
ringless":22h6d9td said:
David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Chris Hall
"loose" usually means ligament sprain/tear. Hope not.

Knee is reportedly loose. He was a candidate for DPOY this year too. That's about as big as a blow we could get outside of PP or Carson.
What the hell does reportedly 'loose' mean?

Probably means too much movement. Not good.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2urlczle said:
hawknation2015":2urlczle said:
ringless":2urlczle said:

Kinda like how Cutler or Stafford weren't going to?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":30trq1y2 said:
hawknation2015":30trq1y2 said:
ringless":30trq1y2 said:

Bridgewater had almost 300 yards against the Packers earlier in the year. He had a better QB rating than Rodgers did. The game was ALOT closer than it appears. If the refs are off the GB payroll for the game it will be close. Seriously look at this.

Penalties
GB 4- 19 yards
MIN-8-110 yards

Not to mention the uncalled roughing the passer when peppers clubbed bridgewater in the helmet and then he facemasked him harder than the facemask in the lion game for the packers. And then the BS roughing the passer GB got when rodgers was slightly pushed about 1 sec after he threw the ball.

Vikings defensive strategy was also god awful. They just sat back and rushed 4 and didnt even contain him in the pocket. Literally every OTHER team in the last half of the season has sent pressure on Rodgers and contained him inside the pocket. Im sure Vikings will adjust the next time they play

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bridgewater was about as close to perfect Sunday as a QB can get....

Anyways...the thread is about the Cards player. Let's keep it about that. There's enough Seahawks-Cards pissing matches about to satisfy all

rideaducati

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3bsqrov9 said:

Anyways...the thread is about the Cards player. Let's keep it about that. There's enough Seahawks-Cards pissing matches about to satisfy all

Regarding the OP, I still don't give a damn.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rideaducati":24fkot56 said:
Uncle Si":24fkot56 said:

Regarding the OP, I still don't give a damn.

Heartwarming

I won't bring you Honey Badgers get well soon card to sign

AZ_fan

Reaction score
ringless":1d46goqn said:
:th2thumbs:

You sir, have just won the internet.

Much appreciated.

hawknation2015":1d46goqn said:

Nobody missed it Capt. Obvious...

I was talking about GB over Minnesota which would send Seattle to Carolina...

I'm 41 years old and have been watching football since the 1981 season... I know exactly how the playoffs work. Thanks for the insult though... No offense taken. :mrgreen:

Rob12":1d46goqn said:
AZ_fan":1d46goqn said:

Seattle definitely has the talent (assuming Lynch is 100%) to pull it off... anything can happen in the playoffs though and usually does.

If it were me I wouldn't be overlooking the Redskins... they've looked good as of late and are 6-2 at home... smells like a trap game.

As far as history goes... I'm not sure what recent history you are talking about. Road wins over Minnesota and Baltimore? Seattle has made the SB 3 times... all 3 with HFA... not winning 3 road games. Sure it's been done before under the current playoff format (#5 Giants in 2007, #6 Steelers in 2005 and #6 Packers in 2010) but I don't see how 3 times with just once as a 5 seed means a whole lot... if anything history is against you.

Only 2 teams have started 0-2 and won Super Bowl ('93 Cowboys, '01 Pats) and nobody has ever won it starting 2-4... or even made it to the game.

The previous 3 teams to start 14-0 all made the Super Bowl... which doesn't bode well for us either.

Sorry... I'm a realist and just don't see the walk in the park you guys seem to be referring to... but you're right, I am on the .NET...

hawknation2015":1d46goqn said:
Hawk-Lock":1d46goqn said:

But there is that POSSIBILITY, especially with how inconsistent Aaron Rodgers and their defense have played . . . which apparently the Cards fans on this board did not know, LOL.

There you go again... there's also a "POSSIBILITY" that Lynch doesn't make it back 100% for the playoffs and Seattle makes a playoff run with Christine Michael...

"L O L"

rideaducati":1d46goqn said:
If the Seahawks continue to play like they have been, NOBODY is going to beat them.

The teams in the playoffs are just a little bit better than the Ravens and Browns.

Uncle Si":1d46goqn said:

I agree... I just had to answer all the comments regarding my apparent lack of football knowledge.

Regarding HB's injury... others will have to step up. Glad it wasn't Palmer or we'd be looking at 2014 all over again...

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1q4n87nx said:
There you go again... there's also a "POSSIBILITY" that Lynch doesn't make it back 100% for the playoffs and Seattle makes a playoff run with Christine Michael...

"L O L"

I guess you missed the way Michael played on Sunday:

ShadowyLittleGrison.gif

AdorableShallowDormouse.gif

DeterminedYellowAiredale.gif

HeftyFeistyHummingbird.gif

SmartFlickeringDutchsmoushond

MenacingRepulsiveBlackcrappie.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid.

rideaducati

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3syakwrg said:
ringless":3syakwrg said:
:th2thumbs:

You sir, have just won the internet.

Much appreciated.

hawknation2015":3syakwrg said:

Nobody missed it Capt. Obvious...

I was talking about GB over Minnesota which would send Seattle to Carolina...

I'm 41 years old and have been watching football since the 1981 season... I know exactly how the playoffs work. Thanks for the insult though... No offense taken. :mrgreen:

Rob12":3syakwrg said:
AZ_fan":3syakwrg said:

Seattle definitely has the talent (assuming Lynch is 100%) to pull it off... anything can happen in the playoffs though and usually does.

If it were me I wouldn't be overlooking the Redskins... they've looked good as of late and are 6-2 at home... smells like a trap game.

As far as history goes... I'm not sure what recent history you are talking about. Road wins over Minnesota and Baltimore? Seattle has made the SB 3 times... all 3 with HFA... not winning 3 road games. Sure it's been done before under the current playoff format (#5 Giants in 2007, #6 Steelers in 2005 and #6 Packers in 2010) but I don't see how 3 times with just once as a 5 seed means a whole lot... if anything history is against you.

Only 2 teams have started 0-2 and won Super Bowl ('93 Cowboys, '01 Pats) and nobody has ever won it starting 2-4... or even made it to the game.

The previous 3 teams to start 14-0 all made the Super Bowl... which doesn't bode well for us either.

Sorry... I'm a realist and just don't see the walk in the park you guys seem to be referring to... but you're right, I am on the .NET...

hawknation2015":3syakwrg said:
Hawk-Lock":3syakwrg said:

"L O L"

rideaducati":3syakwrg said:
If the Seahawks continue to play like they have been, NOBODY is going to beat them.

The teams in the playoffs are just a little bit better than the Ravens and Browns.

Uncle Si":3syakwrg said:

I agree... I just had to answer all the comments regarding my apparent lack of football knowledge.

Regarding HB's injury... others will have to step up. Glad it wasn't Palmer or we'd be looking at 2014 all over again...

The way the Seahawks are playing, even being better than the ravens and browns won't be enough for the cards or Prancers to beat them. Congrats on being better than the ravens and browns though...maybe the cards could put that on a banner and hoist it up with their divisional round participant banner.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1u9664hh said:
AZ_fan":1u9664hh said:

"L O L"

I guess you missed the way Michael played on Sunday:

Be afraid, be very afraid.

I hate to agree with this AZ_Fan guy, but he ran well against the 31st best rush defense in football (only being ahead of New Orleans by 20 yards). I'm not ready to trumpet Christine Michael as the guy that will carry the Seahawks on a Super Bowl run. Realistically, I don't think we get past an Arizona or Carolina without Marshawn Lynch in the fold.

MagHawk

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2970cu56 said:

So, it must be a real treat to root for your Cards in December, and not the accepted replacement team like normal, huh?

kearly

Reaction score
It makes sense that Seattle would use starters in week 17 even if the game itself is meaningless. Seattle is pinning their SB hopes on Wilson remaining the hottest QB in NFL history. Benching him for a game might disrupt that hot streak.

Regarding Matheiu, I've always been rooting for him as a person, even during his darkest days when he was sleeping in and failing drug tests leading up to the draft. I think PFF's grade on him is pretty insane though. Matheiu was getting burned by JIMMY GRAHAM, and has been burned by many WRs as well. He is often a liability in coverage. Steve Keim would trade Matheiu for Revis or Sherman in a heartbeat, if money were not a consideration.

What Matheiu is good at is being instinctive as a pass rusher and run stopper, and he is the best player in the NFL at turning opportunities into turnovers. I see him as being an extremely good version of Big Play Babs. Not really a true safety, and not really a true corner. Just a nebulous "DB" who has a role carved out for him because he has a knack for making big plays.

Ozzy

Reaction score
First of all I love Matheiu and he is one of my favorite players but his PFF grade is ridiculous. I've watched a ton of his games this year and Sherman has been much, much better. I'm also a fan of PFF but some of their grades make zero sense. Anyway terrible loss for AZ that definitely hurts their chances. Curious to see how they react to the loss.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
kearly":1m8lxiwg said:
It makes sense that Seattle would use starters in week 17 even if the game itself is meaningless. Seattle is pinning their SB hopes on Wilson remaining the hottest QB in NFL history. Benching him for a game might disrupt that hot streak.

Regarding Matheiu, I've always been rooting for him as a person, even during his darkest days when he was sleeping in and failing drug tests leading up to the draft. I think PFF's grade on him is pretty insane though. Matheiu was getting burned by JIMMY GRAHAM, and has been burned by many WRs as well. He is often a liability in coverage. Steve Keim would trade Matheiu for Revis or Sherman in a heartbeat, if money were not a consideration.

What Matheiu is good at is being instinctive as a pass rusher and run stopper, and he is the best player in the NFL at turning opportunities into turnovers. I see him as being an extremely good version of Big Play Babs. Not really a true safety, and not really a true corner. Just a nebulous "DB" who has a role carved out for him because he has a knack for making big plays.

Meh, not this year's Revis. I doubt Arians himself would allow that either since Arians classified Tyrann as his "fave" since their backgrounds are similar.