Uh Oh what's going on

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":2wr1qs6s said:
Maulbert":2wr1qs6s said:
Marvin49":2wr1qs6s said:
....couple things.

1) Gamble was Baalkes right hand man BEFORE he went to Philly. I have no idea if Baalke has his head on the block or not, but I don't think Gambles promotion has anything to do with it one way or the other. If you think this is a precursor to Baalke being fired, thats just wishful thinking on your part. That doesn't mean it won't happen...just don't think the two are related.

Another note in that regard. Kelly trusted Gamble who was seen in league circles as having a bright future as a GM. Things really escalated in Philly when Gamble was fired.

Gamble is a big reason why Kelly is in SF to begin with. York and Baalke trust Gamble because he was in SF long before he was in Philly.

That doesn't mean this thing won't tank in a big way, but I don't think his promotion really means a damn thing in the grand scheme.

2) Anthony Davis: If he's back I welcome him as I think his loss was the biggest of all the players who left last year. RT was a HUGE problem all year. As others have said tho...its still entirely possible he still never suits up as a Niner again. I for one hope he's back to stay.

Just have to ask: why would it be wishful thinking on the part of Hawks fans that Baalke leave? I want Jeddy boy to give that incompetent boob a lifetime contract!

Wishful thinking for the author of the thread who is a Niner fan.

Fair enough.

I'm not taking back that Baalke is an incompetent boob, though.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":23zdli0i said:
Marvin49":23zdli0i said:
Maulbert":23zdli0i said:
Marvin49":23zdli0i said:
....couple things.

1) Gamble was Baalkes right hand man BEFORE he went to Philly. I have no idea if Baalke has his head on the block or not, but I don't think Gambles promotion has anything to do with it one way or the other. If you think this is a precursor to Baalke being fired, thats just wishful thinking on your part. That doesn't mean it won't happen...just don't think the two are related.

Another note in that regard. Kelly trusted Gamble who was seen in league circles as having a bright future as a GM. Things really escalated in Philly when Gamble was fired.

Gamble is a big reason why Kelly is in SF to begin with. York and Baalke trust Gamble because he was in SF long before he was in Philly.

That doesn't mean this thing won't tank in a big way, but I don't think his promotion really means a damn thing in the grand scheme.

2) Anthony Davis: If he's back I welcome him as I think his loss was the biggest of all the players who left last year. RT was a HUGE problem all year. As others have said tho...its still entirely possible he still never suits up as a Niner again. I for one hope he's back to stay.

Just have to ask: why would it be wishful thinking on the part of Hawks fans that Baalke leave? I want Jeddy boy to give that incompetent boob a lifetime contract!

Wishful thinking for the author of the thread who is a Niner fan.

Fair enough.

I'm not taking back that Baalke is an incompetent boob, though.

Never expected you to. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":90fghlm3 said:
Agree with Marvin.

Gamble probably got promoted because he deserved it all along, AND IF the intention is to replace Baalke at some point then it's purely a 1 for 1 swap......not some conspiracy to get Kelly more power. Kelly has a bad track record as a GM, unlike say Belichick......so Gamble would want to put his neck on the line just because he has a "good relationship" with Kelly?

Doesn't make any sense, unless you're a Kelly/Niner hater.

.NET really loves to jump on any glass half empty view of any Niner personnel/FO signing, LOL. Of course ignore the past history Gamble had with the 49ers because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Most Niner fans see this move neutrally, with some positivity because some of us feel Baalke's ego more than his GM ability is the bigger issue at hand. I think he's a decent GM from the personnel side, but it really comes off that the whole Harbaugh getting mutually departed to Michigan was on him.

I personally think Baalke has been underrated since 2013 and Schneider overrated. Our little thread on the Zone covers it nicely that Schneider is resting on the laurels of the 2010-2012 drafts/FA.....if Seattle doesn't return to the Super Bowl in this era it will be clearly on him or WILSON.
Yep from a thread full of folks that think Lord Chipster will save the day and win 10 games THIS SEASON, despite a severe lack of talent, lacking even an average league level QB, and one of the hardest schedules, LMAO.

Excuse me if take it with a grain of salt, and chalk it up to up blind Niner fan's homerism and jealously of a hated rival.
As you say :stirthepot:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":z7i8kplm said:
NINEster":z7i8kplm said:
Agree with Marvin.

Gamble probably got promoted because he deserved it all along, AND IF the intention is to replace Baalke at some point then it's purely a 1 for 1 swap......not some conspiracy to get Kelly more power. Kelly has a bad track record as a GM, unlike say Belichick......so Gamble would want to put his neck on the line just because he has a "good relationship" with Kelly?

Doesn't make any sense, unless you're a Kelly/Niner hater.

.NET really loves to jump on any glass half empty view of any Niner personnel/FO signing, LOL. Of course ignore the past history Gamble had with the 49ers because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Most Niner fans see this move neutrally, with some positivity because some of us feel Baalke's ego more than his GM ability is the bigger issue at hand. I think he's a decent GM from the personnel side, but it really comes off that the whole Harbaugh getting mutually departed to Michigan was on him.

I personally think Baalke has been underrated since 2013 and Schneider overrated. Our little thread on the Zone covers it nicely that Schneider is resting on the laurels of the 2010-2012 drafts/FA.....if Seattle doesn't return to the Super Bowl in this era it will be clearly on him or WILSON.
Yep from a thread full of folks that think Lord Chipster will save the day and win 10 games THIS SEASON, despite a severe lack of talent, lacking even an average league level QB, and one of the hardest schedules, LMAO.

Excuse me if take it with a grain of salt, and chalk it up to up blind Niner fan's homerism and jealously of a hated rival.
As you say :stirthepot:

The funny part is there is a large porrion of the webzone that believes this is a step towards removing Baalke. Maybe they're just Niner/Kelly haters like he suggests.

Even funnier is how a 9er fan now wants to discredit our recent draft prowess when not long ago their defense of Baalke's poor drafting was due to so much talent on the roster that it was near impossible to crack the starting roster.

Here is what I would recommend. Review both rosters and tell us who you think has done a better job at building a team?

I'll give you a clue. One team is among the most popular bets to win the super bowl and the other has similar odds in picking first in next years draft.

NINEster

Reaction score
Rich, I mess around and talk a little smack but I do try and keep it real too.

The comparison is strictly on drafts and FA, not on actual team rosters. If you want to give Schneider an A+ for his ability to not drive Carroll out of town, fine (whereas Baalke might get an F).

I like Reid, Lynch, Borland, Hyde, Ward, Tartt, Armstead and Buckner more than the top 6-8 players the Hawks have acquired since then. .NET would blast the 49ers for being cute in 2012, 2013 with their drafts when they had a top notch roster that just needed a few guys here and there.

It's important to note that only a few years ago these rosters were fairly equal, and it wouldn't be unthinkable to assume that this roster could still have Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, Chris Borland on the defensive side with just Justin Smith retiring due to age. Hell, even losing Willis but retaining Aldon and Borland would be huge for this team. They had most of those guys when they terrorized Eli Manning into 5 interceptions two years ago.

So the 49ers got decimated and now you're going to put it strictly on Baalke to have reloaded the team instantly. I think Baalke's biggest fault was not maybe being more aggressive in FA when the Niners were a stud team to put them over the top.....like a Desean Jackson or Darrelle Revis. After what Denver has done, and how fragile success is in this league, no reason why he shouldn't have done it. Couldn't be any worse than now.

But as far as pure drafting, I don't see how Schneider is >>>> Baalke, or any other GM for that matter.

I just think that most everything that happens with the Hawks is overrated by their fans.....except ironically their OC who gets all the blame for every bad offensive series, and Wilson gets all the praise for their success.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":36bkeyxw said:

The comparison is strictly on drafts and FA, not on actual team rosters. If you want to give Schneider an A+ for his ability to not drive Carroll out of town, fine (whereas Baalke might get an F).

I like Reid, Lynch, Borland, Hyde, Ward, Tartt, Armstead and Buckner more than the top 6-8 players the Hawks have acquired since then. .NET would blast the 49ers for being cute in 2012, 2013 with their drafts when they had a top notch roster that just needed a few guys here and there.

It's important to note that only a few years ago these rosters were fairly equal, and it wouldn't be unthinkable to assume that this roster could still have Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, Chris Borland on the defensive side with just Justin Smith retiring due to age. Hell, even losing Willis but retaining Aldon and Borland would be huge for this team. They had most of those guys when they terrorized Eli Manning into 5 interceptions two years ago.

So the 49ers got decimated and now you're going to put it strictly on Baalke to have reloaded the team instantly. I think Baalke's biggest fault was not maybe being more aggressive in FA when the Niners were a stud team to put them over the top.....like a Desean Jackson or Darrelle Revis. After what Denver has done, and how fragile success is in this league, no reason why he shouldn't have done it. Couldn't be any worse than now.

But as far as pure drafting, I don't see how Schneider is >>>> Baalke, or any other GM for that matter.

I just think that most everything that happens with the Hawks is overrated by their fans.....except ironically their OC who gets all the blame for every bad offensive series, and Wilson gets all the praise for their success.

Except the sheer total talent Schneider has accumulated dwarfs Baalke's resume. Sure Baalke has hit on a few picks, Bowman and Iupati come to mind, but ignoring 2010-12 when discrediting Schneider is a bull$#1+ argument. Sure, the last 3 years haven't yeilded much success yet, but nothing Baalke has done comes close to matching Schneider's haul from his first 3 seasons. 10 Starters, 5 Pro Bowlers, and 3 All-Pros. Call me when Baalke does that. Plus, Baalke flat out blew the 2012 draft and NO ONE is left on your roster from that draft class only 4 years later. That is a failure of epic proportions. So if they're the same, what season exactly did Schneider do that?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Maulbert":1igurtoo said:
NINEster":1igurtoo said:

Except the sheer total talent Schneider has accumulated dwarfs Baalke's resume. Sure Baalke has hit on a few picks, Bowman and Iupati come to mind, but ignoring 2010-12 when discrediting Schneider is a bull$#1+ argument. Sure, the last 3 years haven't yeilded much success yet, but nothing Baalke has done comes close to matching Schneider's haul from his first 3 seasons. 10 Starters, 5 Pro Bowlers, and 3 All-Pros. Call me when Baalke does that. Plus, Baalke flat out blew the 2012 draft and NO ONE is left on your roster from that draft class only 4 years later. That is a failure of epic proportions. So if they're the same, what season exactly did Schneider do that?
Before you answer remember this 10 starters, 5 Probowlers and 3 All-Pros.....27 years old at most and every last one healthy and in their prime and locked up for the next 3-4 years. Schneider doesn't have to rebuild he just reloads like Alabama or USC.

It's fun being the West Coast Evil Empire.

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":3b4suy4w said:

You say the 49ers got decimated, I say they self destructed, they fired Harbaugh, that led to a bunch of players retiring, wanting out and then Baalke or York went cheap and let others go, that's not decimation, that's not having a plan and bad management.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NINEster":25p31q5t said:

The problem I see in your breakdown of our drafts is real simple and anyone on .net could do the same for your favorites.

Reid has been extremely inconsistent and would not likely be a starter on most rosters.

Lynch already has a PED suspension so obviously a cheater and the only reason he was any good at all last year. Exaggeration of course but this post is meant to be webzone like. Without the death wishes and stuff.

Borland already quit. Part of your draft is scouting the mental make up of a player and Baalke failed miserably here.

Hyde? 1 100 yard game and is more injury prone than Harvin? That Hyde?

Ward, concussion protocol Ward? Again looked good his rookie year but has fallen flat since then.

Tart would not be a starter on most rosters.

Armstead again hasn't proven he would start anywhere outside of your roster and even then has been a liability.

Buckner? Really? A guy who hasn't even played a down in a preseason game?

You see what I did there? The view on the webzone looks at anything Seahawks and tries any way they can to dismiss it.

You also left off Lockett and Clark who both looked very good in their rookie years. Lockett looks like a future Allpro to me.

I know you talk some smack but when you do, don't be surprised if people call you out.

By the way I really like the prospect of this years draft class. They could possibly all flame out but I have a feeling this will be a good haul for us.

By the way I didn't expect Baalke to reload over night. He was suppose to have brought in players to replace those departed and aging and yes he has brought in a few but nowhere near what he needed to do to keep you competitive. Blame whoever you want but your roster is currently one of the weakest in the NFL. No exaggeration and Baalke has had 4+ years to prevent that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":xnzzhgp0 said:
NINEster":xnzzhgp0 said:

The problem I see in your breakdown of our drafts is real simple and anyone on .net could do the same for your favorites.

Reid has been extremely inconsistent and would not likely be a starter on most rosters.

Lynch already has a PED suspension so obviously a cheater and the only reason he was any good at all last year. Exaggeration of course but this post is meant to be webzone like. Without the death wishes and stuff.

Borland already quit. Part of your draft is scouting the mental make up of a player and Baalke failed miserably here.

Hyde? 1 100 yard game and is more injury prone than Harvin? That Hyde?

Ward, concussion protocol Ward? Again looked good his rookie year but has fallen flat since then.

Tart would not be a starter on most rosters.

Armstead again hasn't proven he would start anywhere outside of your roster and even then has been a liability.

Buckner? Really? A guy who hasn't even played a down in a preseason game?

You see what I did there? The view on the webzone looks at anything Seahawks and tries any way they can to dismiss it.

You also left off Lockett and Clark who both looked very good in their rookie years. Lockett looks like a future Allpro to me.

I know you talk some smack but when you do, don't be surprised if people call you out.

By the way I really like the prospect of this years draft class. They could possibly all flame out but I have a feeling this will be a good haul for us.

By the way I didn't expect Baalke to reload over night. He was suppose to have brought in players to replace those departed and aging and yes he has brought in a few but nowhere near what he needed to do to keep you competitive. Blame whoever you want but your roster is currently one of the weakest in the NFL. No exaggeration and Baalke has had 4+ years to prevent that.

Game set and match goes to Rich! :2thumbs:
It's funny that our Niner friend thinks the Hawks fans overestimate their players then goes on to do the very EXACT thing with his team, mostly with players that have done very little.

I know the webzone crowd likes to chalk a lot of stuff up to luck and they think Seattle has had success soley based on luck while the niner's recent failures is based strictly on bad luck, which is laughable on its face.

Many of us here predicted the Niner downfall once their talent aged a bit.

Many of those on the webzone predicted after the XLVIII that Seattle would be in the cellar by now.

JS and Pete totally rebuilt this team and went to back to back Super Bowls in 4 years, is the Trentster going to do that????
Um, no!

Question for Ninester: Would you trade your GM for JS straight up right now???

NInester also seems to forget when your team is already loaded with talent like the Hawks are, the harder it is for draft picks to make said team. When your team is full of holes like the niners are it's easier to make a roster.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Balkee has drafted around 30 players the last 3 drafts. So we will see if the players shine an become what he believes are viable players for the future of this team . I'm a Niner fan so of course I have hope that they pan out an even a couple become stars. Seattle has done an amazing job but that was a few years ago. Schneider is going through a tough time now. His picks have not been good an some downright awful. Christine Michael, 2nd round, Paul Richardson 2nd round, Cassius Marsh, still trying to do something. The list is growing fast am the record is starting to show it just like Balkees record of missing in 2012 had effected the talent on the team. Seattle has gone to super bowl winner, to SB loser to , lost division playoff. Lack of talent and hittimg on some of these guys who they hoped to replace the ones that left has contributed to this down trend. Just like it did with the Niners

Laloosh

Reaction score
NINEster":2db1ysnm said:
"Yes, you are mistaken. In fact, here are your "Day Three" picks (4th round or later) since 2012 that are even still on your team:

Jeremy Lane (2012)
Tharold Simon (2013)
Luke Willson (2013)
Cassius Marsh (2014)
Kevin Pierre-Lewis (2014)
Terry Poole (2015)
Mark Glowinski (2015)
Tye Smith (2015)
Kristjan Sokoli (2015)

Your late-round supply are all backups, including three back up CBs, a back up TE, a backup LB, a backup DL, and three backup OL, and some of these guys won't make the 2016 roster. That's 9 guys out of 29 drafted; the other 20 were cut (except for JR Sweezy, for whom the less said the better)"

:stirthepot:

Quoting sspiker is your mic drop?

As was pointed out by another poster, simply looking at the current rosters is as far as anyone has to go. Seattle's 2015 starting roster (which is among the most talented rosters in the league), had all of what, four guys that didn't start their career with Seattle? SF probably has similar composition (homegrown vs FA) given the volume of picks that they've had in recent drafts but the results are entirely different. Which brings me to your statement about Baalke being underrated... No idea how you come to that conclusion given the team's record when it wasn't being coached by Harbaugh.

There are plenty of people around here that regularly post about some of the mistakes made by PC/JS and don't hesitate to discuss them openly (Harvin, Williams, etc.) but in the end, it's still a top 5 roster in the NFL despite always picking in the later rounds and even having traded away some 1st round picks.

Sorry if sspiker's post didn't have the same reception here, that it does over at the loony bin.

Tupps

Reaction score
Our undrafted free agents have been pretty good over the past few years too. Not sure if that counts in analyzing how well team's draft.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NINEster":a2t2hsko said:
If you want to give Schneider an A+ for his ability to not drive Carroll out of town, fine (whereas Baalke might get an F)......
You lose all credibility discussing the Seahawks with this statement. Obviously you don't know that unlike most teams, the head coach Pete Carroll makes all the final football personnel decisions and in the structure of the Seattle team, Carroll is Schneider's boss. Like all good bosses, Pete gives John plenty of leeway and it was John who was highest on Wilson that draft. They work as a great team which is what Jedthro's bobo boy Baalke was unable to do with the very excellent coach your team had, Jim Harbaugh.

I'll suggest you focus your posts on team Jedthro, Chippy and the Trentster and leave the Seahawk posting to those of us that know the team. You look silly when you venture into Seahawk territory.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
:vodka:
hawksfansinceday1":30ez43o2 said:
NINEster":30ez43o2 said:
If you want to give Schneider an A+ for his ability to not drive Carroll out of town, fine (whereas Baalke might get an F)......
You lose all credibility discussing the Seahawks with this statement. Obviously you don't know that unlike most teams, the head coach Pete Carroll makes all the final football personnel decisions and in the structure of the Seattle team, Carroll is Schneider's boss. Like all good bosses, Pete gives John plenty of leeway and it was John who was highest on Wilson that draft. They work as a great team which is what Jedthro's bobo boy Baalke was unable to do with the very excellent coach your team had, Jim Harbaugh.

I'll suggest you focus your posts on team Jedthro, Chippy and the Trentster and leave the Seahawk posting to those of us that know the team. You look silly when you venture into Seahawk territory.
:2thumbs: That's some ownage right there! ^

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Tupps":36m81c4q said:
Our undrafted free agents have been pretty good over the past few years too. Not sure if that counts in analyzing how well team's draft.

This is where you have been superior, not just to the miners but the entire league. It's actually amazing the contributions you get from UDFA.

NINEster

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3au453ii said:
NINEster":3au453ii said:

Haha, and Hawk fans looked silly judging SF talent when it was a stacked team. It goes both ways my friend, and like partisan politics going on right now in America, you're not going to get much of either side YIELDING to the other, and with home field advantage on either site you're not going to move the needle much if at all.

.NET would justify JR Sweezy over every one of the 49er 53 I'm sure......so why will I waste my time defending any of the knocks Rich posted on those 8 I listed?

But without any SF balance on here, nobody on .NET would ever predict the struggles that the Hawks would face until well after it happens and then it's like "Damn, that just happened". You guys just thought you would be on the door to 3peat like the '70s Steelers and '80s 49ers just because you annihilated the Broncos in the Super Bowl, forgetting the path in the playoffs from 2013 was much harder against the same opponents you dominated in the regular season. 2014 and 2015 playoffs have also been tough on the Hawks save the Panthers divisional game in '14.

End of the day you've got a very good team, no sense arguing that. But this team as constructed isn't going to be a Patriots level dynasty unless Schneider finds some gems to keep this D a #1 D.....or Wilson starts carrying the team in the postseason like he should.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SF balance? What the hell does that even mean?

NINEster

Reaction score
SF balance - perspective from SF fans that SEA fans don't want to hear or may not be able to see due to typical fan tunnel vision.

Seattle balance - same thing.

Some examples of "Seattle balance":

1) Colin K may not be as good as you think
2) 49er roster is in danger if they lose a few guys due to age
3) 49er offense has failed to score more than 20 points against Seahawk D under Harbaugh

These are things mainly discussed here back in 2012, 2013 while none of those 3 things were on national radar. Kap was blasted from the very beginning here if I recall correctly....

Some examples of "SF balance"

1) Percy Harvin won't be worth his trade value (meanwhile having to defend Anquan Boldin around here)
2) Max Unger/Jimmy Graham trade won't benefit Seahawks (this has shown to be accurate thus far. I know you'll disagree)
3) Maxwell, Thurmond are beneficiaries of Seahawk system and talent

We all need opposing viewpoints.

Both sides stretch the truth, but there's some nuggets if you're willing to look.

Laloosh

Reaction score
We get perspective from SF fans and some of us appreciate it. Then again, sometimes we get SF fans with an agenda who say things like ".NET would justify JR Sweezy over every one of the 49er 53 I'm sure" or "Wilson will extend his overall win total for games played against opposition scoring 24+ to 2 maybe 3 games".

Two of my favorite posters are SF fans and I have personal friends that are SF fans. I value their opinions. I don't find much value in posts like what I just quoted.

You seem smart enough; Maybe stop quoting sspiker posts from the webzone, drop the agenda and just have conversations with people. I'm not saying that you haven't done that at times but Being told that some of our fan base isn't very pragmatic over and over isn't interesting or educational, it's just stating the obvious which, again, doesn't provide much value imo.

Latest posts