Uh Oh what's going on

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NINEster":1yf7zc4h said:
hawksfansinceday1":1yf7zc4h said:
NINEster":1yf7zc4h said:
If you want to give Schneider an A+ for his ability to not drive Carroll out of town, fine (whereas Baalke might get an F)......
I'll suggest you focus your posts on team Jedthro, Chippy and the Trentster and leave the Seahawk posting to those of us that know the team. You look silly when you venture into Seahawk territory.

Haha, and Hawk fans looked silly judging SF talent when it was a stacked team. It goes both ways my friend, and like partisan politics going on right now in America, you're not going to get much of either side YIELDING to the other, and with home field advantage on either site you're not going to move the needle much if at all.

.NET would justify JR Sweezy over every one of the 49er 53 I'm sure......so why will I waste my time defending any of the knocks Rich posted on those 8 I listed?

But without any SF balance on here, nobody on .NET would ever predict the struggles that the Hawks would face until well after it happens and then it's like "Damn, that just happened". You guys just thought you would be on the door to 3peat like the '70s Steelers and '80s 49ers just because you annihilated the Broncos in the Super Bowl, forgetting the path in the playoffs from 2013 was much harder against the same opponents you dominated in the regular season. 2014 and 2015 playoffs have also been tough on the Hawks save the Panthers divisional game in '14.

End of the day you've got a very good team, no sense arguing that. But this team as constructed isn't going to be a Patriots level dynasty unless Schneider finds some gems to keep this D a #1 D.....or Wilson starts carrying the team in the postseason like he should.

How do we look silly when nearly every prediction came true?

Many here said Kaep was an immature one read QB who couldn't read defenses and didn't have what it took between the ears.

I predicted he'd be a back up in 2 years.

Uhm nailed it.

We said Harbaugh was a great coach who was to difficult to get along with and would eventually cause turmoil in the FO and for the team.

Uhm nailed it.

We said Baalke was living off all the talent he inherated and would struggle when he had to replace them as they age and/or move on.

Uhm nailed it.

We predicted an implosion of your team due to the volatile nature of the lead personalties along with the loss of talent (see above).

Ok not even we could predict the epic proportion of melt down your team has witnessed.

Stick around and you'll see predictions of Kelly failing miserably, Kaep never regaining his composure, your DC (Oniel?) being an epic failure. On and on and these predictions won't just come from coolaide glasses. They are based on reasonable expectations from past history.

Tell me again where we looked silly because from my view we were pretty dead on.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Everyone else sees how NINEster goes right for hyperbole and baseless hypothetical scenarios predicting WWdND (What Would dot NET Do) whenever it comes to just about anything Seahawks vs 9ers, right?
Billy Idol gets it, why doesn't he?

NINEster":uyg5na1n said:
Haha, and Hawk fans looked silly judging SF talent when it was a stacked team.

Actually, a lot of people here had a lot of respect for that team the 2 years we were evenly matched. We just saw that the Seahawks were very young and the 9ers were very old. We didn't predict that the HC & GM would implode the whole thing, nor did 9ers fans, but many of us accurately realized that the talent level was primed to decrease big time. What's so silly 'bout bein' right and understanding?

.NET would justify JR Sweezy over every one of the 49er 53 I'm sure......

And there's that trusted – and wholly inaccurate – hypothetical WWdND defense. And apparently the whole site speaks with one voice, so there's a touch of hyperbole to boot. Reality: the only consensus you're likely to find on Sweezy around here is that he isn't worth as much as he got paid.
Lameness score: 7/10. Deflection: 8/10.

...nobody on .NET would ever predict the struggles that the Hawks would face until well after it happens and then it's like "Damn, that just happened".

Yep, there was zero discussion on this site about the center position last preseason. Zero discussion about the too-high cost of Percy Harvin. Zero discussion about the o-line every year. Zero concerns about Cary Williams last preseason. Nobody on this site was aware that Marshawn Lynch was getting older. If we had been, maybe we would have had a discussion about it. But nobody around here ever worries about anything Seahawks related. We just wait until things happen, then we be like, "Damn." :roll:
Lameness: 10/10. Deflection: 4/10.

But this team as constructed isn't going to be a Patriots level dynasty unless Schneider finds some gems to keep this D a #1 D.....or Wilson starts carrying the team in the postseason like he should.

Wait, we went from Baalke vs Schneider (who, we all understand now, is just very lucky – that much has been proven irrefutably and co-signed by God, several heads of state, and a Notary Public who has excellent Yelp reviews) to "you're not going to match the most prolific stretch of success ever seen in the NFL unless Schneider steps up his game..... or Wilson does."
Lameness: SMH/10. Deflection: 10/10.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sorry guys.

I'm just reacting to the strong hyperbole of a handful of fans here that overrate the team and predict 15-1 seasons on end.
It's enough of a voice that it drowns out the more objective conversations. Go read the predictions of the Hawks last season on this site......how many people pegged it 10-6 versus the more common 13, 14, win season....maybe undefeated!....? I'm pretty sure 80% figured an improvement over 2013 instead of regression.

I've allowed myself to focus on the one guy here who is a homonym for one of the Three Stooges. All he ever does is predict the dynasty, and he's a name around here like Marvin is on the Zone.

You guys do the exact same thing reading the Webzone as a big homer Niner site, when most of the time it's underrating our own team. I see a handful of guys living up to what is claimed "Seahawks are gonna suck so bad!!", and the rest not even going there. There are literal WARS going on about QB discussions, dividing every QB since Alex Smith was drafted but I'm sure you think we think they're all Montana/Young.

You think I just want to stir for the sake of stirring? Come on.

We have these football discussions face to face and it goes a lot differently. I chalk a lot of this up to the net effect (no pun intended)....just how it is.

I do appreciate the last few rebuttal posts.....

NINEster

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1px2mbav said:
NINEster":1px2mbav said:
hawksfansinceday1":1px2mbav said:
NINEster":1px2mbav said:
If you want to give Schneider an A+ for his ability to not drive Carroll out of town, fine (whereas Baalke might get an F)......
I'll suggest you focus your posts on team Jedthro, Chippy and the Trentster and leave the Seahawk posting to those of us that know the team. You look silly when you venture into Seahawk territory.

Haha, and Hawk fans looked silly judging SF talent when it was a stacked team. It goes both ways my friend, and like partisan politics going on right now in America, you're not going to get much of either side YIELDING to the other, and with home field advantage on either site you're not going to move the needle much if at all.

.NET would justify JR Sweezy over every one of the 49er 53 I'm sure......so why will I waste my time defending any of the knocks Rich posted on those 8 I listed?

But without any SF balance on here, nobody on .NET would ever predict the struggles that the Hawks would face until well after it happens and then it's like "Damn, that just happened". You guys just thought you would be on the door to 3peat like the '70s Steelers and '80s 49ers just because you annihilated the Broncos in the Super Bowl, forgetting the path in the playoffs from 2013 was much harder against the same opponents you dominated in the regular season. 2014 and 2015 playoffs have also been tough on the Hawks save the Panthers divisional game in '14.

End of the day you've got a very good team, no sense arguing that. But this team as constructed isn't going to be a Patriots level dynasty unless Schneider finds some gems to keep this D a #1 D.....or Wilson starts carrying the team in the postseason like he should.

How do we look silly when nearly every prediction came true?

Many here said Kaep was an immature one read QB who couldn't read defenses and didn't have what it took between the ears.

I predicted he'd be a back up in 2 years.

Uhm nailed it.

We said Harbaugh was a great coach who was to difficult to get along with and would eventually cause turmoil in the FO and for the team.

Uhm nailed it.

We said Baalke was living off all the talent he inherated and would struggle when he had to replace them as they age and/or move on.

Uhm nailed it.

We predicted an implosion of your team due to the volatile nature of the lead personalties along with the loss of talent (see above).

Ok not even we could predict the epic proportion of melt down your team has witnessed.

Stick around and you'll see predictions of Kelly failing miserably, Kaep never regaining his composure, your DC (Oniel?) being an epic failure. On and on and these predictions won't just come from coolaide glasses. They are based on reasonable expectations from past history.

Tell me again where we looked silly because from my view we were pretty dead on.

A lot of these things have happened, but not necessarily for the reasons you state.

Kap sucking last year I put on the team more than him. Since you couldn't predict the 2015 49ers, then the reason for him being a backup in your eyes is this idea that Kap was never a good QB. I respect the opinion, but I look at him winning playoff wins on the road as a counter to that. Mark Sanchez's Jets didn't fall off that fast before he got shipped out of town, and even then he had to be Wally Pipped out of the job.

BTW, I think Kap is immature as a person (or maybe WAS...we'll see)....but the one read is overblown in my opinion until further notice. A former Harbaugh Niner offensive coach admitted anonymously that he wasn't one read but just not trusting of his receivers to be where they had to be. How does a one read throw for 300 yards in the Super Bowl? Come on.

Harbaugh tearing the team apart, you got that one right.

I won't defend or rebut on behalf of Baalke. I can only defend a handful of people at a time (Kap).

As to your last paragraph on Kelly, Kap, O'Neill......the relative lack of talent for the 49ers will make your predictions very, very safe....even safer than predicting Harbaugh would make the 2011 49ers a playoff team. We are in wait and see mode on our own team.

Since it's not in the best interest to predict anything good for the 49ers on here, I don't expect to see anything really bold. We'll have to wait until they are somewhat good again.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":2ok8rfag said:
Sorry guys.

I'm just reacting to the strong hyperbole of a handful of fans here that overrate the team and predict 15-1 seasons on end.
It's enough of a voice that it drowns out the more objective conversations. Go read the predictions of the Hawks last season on this site......how many people pegged it 10-6 versus the more common 13, 14, win season....maybe undefeated!....? I'm pretty sure 80% figured an improvement over 2013 instead of regression.

I've allowed myself to focus on the one guy here who is a homonym for one of the Three Stooges. All he ever does is predict the dynasty, and he's a name around here like Marvin is on the Zone.

You guys do the exact same thing reading the Webzone as a big homer Niner site, when most of the time it's underrating our own team. I see a handful of guys living up to what is claimed "Seahawks are gonna suck so bad!!", and the rest not even going there. There are literal WARS going on about QB discussions, dividing every QB since Alex Smith was drafted but I'm sure you think we think they're all Montana/Young.

We have these football discussions face to face and it goes a lot differently. I chalk a lot of this up to the net effect (no pun intended)....just how it is.

Please explain to me which of these you would define as more homeristic:

Team A has led the NFL in DVOA 4 years in a row. It has had the league's #1 scoring defense for the same span. Last season, it also had the 4th best offense in the league in both yards and points, and had the 2nd best expected pythagorean win score in football, almost 2 full games better than their final record. Their fans expect 2-4 more wins.

Team B finished with the worst scoring offense in the league the previous year, is on their third head coach in as many seasons, finished a game better in the standings than their expected pythagorean win score would suggest they actually are, and suffered through one of the worst talent exoduses in the history of professional sports. Their fans expect 3-5 more wins.

It's pretty obvious which team is which, but divorce yourself from your feelings.

Which one is truly more homeristic?

I think you know the answer.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":29wbi1ba said:
Sorry guys.

Yeah I do think you like to stir things up to a point, but sadly I think you DO believe what you post.
The amazing and hypocritical thing on your part is you accuse others here what you are guilty of, posting homeristic posts.

This is a Hawks forum, of course there is going to be a severe positive Seattle slant here, and a anti-Niner slant, be aware of where you are posting.

Whether you want to admit it or not I can guarentee the recent fall of the niners blindsided you, as did the Hawks recent success. Neither shocked most here.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Maulbert":2snvo8y3 said:
NINEster":2snvo8y3 said:
Sorry guys.

Team A has led the NFL in DVOA 4 years in a row. It has had the league's #1 scoring defense for the same span. Last season, it also had the 4th best offense in the league in both yards and points, and had the 2nd best expected pythagorean win score in football, almost 2 full games better than their final record. Their fans expect 2-4 more wins.

Team B finished with the worst scoring offense in the league the previous year, is on their third head coach in as many seasons, finished a game better in the standings than their expected pythagorean win score would suggest they actually are, and suffered through one of the worst talent exoduses in the history of professional sports. Their fans expect 3-5 more wins.

It's pretty obvious which team is which, but divorce yourself from your feelings.

Mic drop ....

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Maulbert":xvjb66fs said:
NINEster":xvjb66fs said:
Sorry guys.

Someone wanna catch the lights?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2u2r360d said:
Judging by how long this thread is, NINEster is trolling you guys hard
For his sake I hope he isn't. That would be against forum policy.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
When the 49ers were good, it was the roster Scot McCloughan built, not Baalke. Baalke added 2 or 3 good players, none of which lasted, and wasted entire drafts. Baalke has slowly bled the 49ers roster dry, while McCloughan slowly built it up. Please stop comparing Baalke to Seattle. It's not even close.

chris98251

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":mug51lh5 said:
When the 49ers were good, it was the roster Scot McCloughan built, not Baalke. Baalke added 2 or 3 good players, none of which lasted, and wasted entire drafts. Baalke has slowly bled the 49ers roster dry, while McCloughan slowly built it up. Please stop comparing Baalke to Seattle. It's not even close.

Damn it, reading this has my eyes bleeding, hell has frozen over.

Glad to see someone give McGloughan his props, really believe if he had not had his addiction he would have you guys trading division championships with us and yes Arizona now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2w469lsc said:
This guy gets it. ^^^

:2thumbs:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":12k5gsub said:
5_Golden_Rings":12k5gsub said:
This guy gets it. ^^^

:2thumbs:

That's a Mic drop of epic proportion right there.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":341dc8e8 said:

I have said this from the beginning. Balke has not done crap. All you Niners homers get over it. He blows and could not even find replacements for the talent we lost not to mention we list Harbaugh for Balke. Complete bs.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rlkats":1nkutwrr said:
5_Golden_Rings":1nkutwrr said:

I have said this from the beginning. Balke has not done crap. All you Niners homers get over it. He blows and could not even find replacements for the talent we lost not to mention we list Harbaugh for Balke. Complete bs.

Have to say as much fun as it has been to point and laugh at some 9er fans I truly feel bad for the good ones. Nobody deserves what they are enduring right now.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3txlhcu1 said:
rlkats":3txlhcu1 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3txlhcu1 said:

Have to say as much fun as it has been to point and laugh at some 9er fans I truly feel bad for the good ones. Nobody deserves what they are enduring right now.

Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me. The Redskins will be a tough team because of Scott.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rlkats":2ycg4saf said:
RichNhansom":2ycg4saf said:
rlkats":2ycg4saf said:
5_Golden_Rings":2ycg4saf said:

Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me. The Redskins will be a tough team because of Scott.

Agreed on the Redskins if Danny lets Scott work his magic without getting in the way. I'm a Mclouhan fan so I am pulling for the Skins. Definitely going to be interesting watching them.

And I agree he helped build the Seattle team and when he left I think we got a little cocky with our draft analysis and relied a little to much on sparq and other things. The last couple of years we seem to be getting back to basics and taking more proven products. I have a great feeling about this draft class by the way.

Latest posts