Uh Oh what's going on

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ea6kr8x said:
RichNhansom":2ea6kr8x said:
Agreed on the Redskins if Danny lets Scott work his magic without getting in the way......
That's a very big IF.

Huge IF. Like Jed. Danny is an idiot.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
Maulbert":3cw3h2vf said:
5_Golden_Rings":3cw3h2vf said:
Worst part for us 49er fans is Jeb idolizes Snyder. :pukeface:

Seriously?

If that's true, Jeddy is even worse than I thought.

His moves say that. So I feel it's true. Ugh my stomach hurts.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rlkats":3sfku5pg said:
Maulbert":3sfku5pg said:
5_Golden_Rings":3sfku5pg said:

Seriously?

That's a scary thought.

I wouldn't wish on Elquapo let alone the good 9er fans.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1axafr4z said:
rlkats":1axafr4z said:
Maulbert":1axafr4z said:
5_Golden_Rings":1axafr4z said:

Seriously?

That's a scary thought.

I wouldn't wish on Elquapo let alone the good 9er fans.

I don't wish it on the good fans, but guano boy is getting just what he deserves.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":317uagq5 said:
I don't wish it on the good fans, but guano boy is getting just what he deserves.
He's not the only one. Can you "smell the fear" lvnginhwktwn? (I know you're still here reading all the 9er threads. You can't help yourself)

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":203ljizv said:
hawksfan515":203ljizv said:
Judging by how long this thread is, NINEster is trolling you guys hard
For his sake I hope he isn't. That would be against forum policy.

No trolling, you have my word.

The issue I have is anytime I'm making isolated comparisons, it keeps coming back to :

"Compare the best team in the NFC the last 2-3 years to this 5-11 team you support and get back to us".

It's happening all the time. What could be construed as reasonable debates (Hawk 1st rounders since 2013 versus 49er 1st rounders) are just misdirected. This is part of debating in the Hawk's nest which is not going to be friendly territory.

By default, a Panther or Cardinal fan could be saying the exact same things and it would be far more "legitimate".

If you want to argue and say the Hawks did better fine, but don't resort to the "Hawks have had sick DVOA, the 49ers haven't and that's that".

Remember, Baalke's supposedly s**** drafts have been put on notice because Harbaugh got dropped AND a lot of big name dudes retired suddenly. If none of that happened, Baalke would be looking a lot better by default. This 49er defense would be genuinely exciting with Aldon Smith and Borland back on it....just two guys could make that much of a difference, esp. if the Buckner/Armstead duo work out to 70% of what Niner fans hope for them to be.

If the same thing happened to the Seahawks....losing Carroll, and 2 big "names" on D like Sherman, Thomas, Bennett.....how awesome would Schneider look then?

And yes, the great JS would never let such a thing happen...of course. But this is a discussion on talent evaluation not the overall GM ability.

If you look over my words carefully I said "JS slightly overrated and TB slightly underrated".....and that can be interpreted many ways, but of course over here it meant TB >>> JS.

And I never said that.

I may be outnumbered but I always know what I say and mean. :2thumbs:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NINEster":3vneai3p said:
Sports Hernia":3vneai3p said:
hawksfan515":3vneai3p said:
Judging by how long this thread is, NINEster is trolling you guys hard
For his sake I hope he isn't. That would be against forum policy.

No trolling, you have my word.

The issue I have is anytime I'm making isolated comparisons, it keeps coming back to :

"Compare the best team in the NFC the last 2-3 years to this 5-11 team you support and get back to us".

It's happening all the time. What could be construed as reasonable debates (Hawk 1st rounders since 2013 versus 49er 1st rounders) are just misdirected. This is part of debating in the Hawk's nest which is not going to be friendly territory.

By default, a Panther or Cardinal fan could be saying the exact same things and it would be far more "legitimate".

If you want to argue and say the Hawks did better fine, but don't resort to the "Hawks have had sick DVOA, the 49ers haven't and that's that".

Remember, Baalke's supposedly s**** drafts have been put on notice because Harbaugh got dropped AND a lot of big name dudes retired suddenly. If none of that happened, Baalke would be looking a lot better by default. This 49er defense would be genuinely exciting with Aldon Smith and Borland back on it....just two guys could make that much of a difference, esp. if the Buckner/Armstead duo work out to 70% of what Niner fans hope for them to be.

If the same thing happened to the Seahawks....losing Carroll, and 2 big "names" on D like Sherman, Thomas, Bennett.....how awesome would Schneider look then?

And yes, the great JS would never let such a thing happen...of course. But this is a discussion on talent evaluation not the overall GM ability.

If you look over my words carefully I said "JS slightly overrated and TB slightly underrated".....and that can be interpreted many ways, but of course over here it meant TB >>> JS.

And I never said that.

I may be outnumbered but I always know what I say and mean. :2thumbs:

Part of the draft process is evaluating mental make up and then handling your operations in a way that doesn't run those guys off.

Borland just like Davis quit on him. AlDumb simply wasn't worth the risk.

I had a debate with 9er fans about how your FO took 2 million dollars from brown for missing voluntary OTA's and I said it was something that should have been handled differently like maybe letting Brown know he would lose the money if he didn't show up.

Brown along with all your other DB's left in FA as soon as they could. Leaving your secondary bare and sending a message to the FO and players alike.

It's no coincidence all those guys left or quit all around the same time. Running off Harbaugh wasn't his only gaff. He showed a continuous patern of under handed actions. The Harbaugh thing was really just the ignitor of the fuse.

Baalke is a cancer that can evaluate talent but takes way to many chances and then handles his operations in a manor that alienates the players and coaches. He simply thinks he is smarter than everyone around him.

If you want to under rate him go ahead but many 9er fans are finally realizing as long as he is in charge your team will continue to be burried in controversy and poor play.

Sorry It's just what it is.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2hcmtodb said:
5_Golden_Rings":2hcmtodb said:
When the 49ers were good, it was the roster Scot McCloughan built, not Baalke. Baalke added 2 or 3 good players, none of which lasted, and wasted entire drafts. Baalke has slowly bled the 49ers roster dry, while McCloughan slowly built it up. Please stop comparing Baalke to Seattle. It's not even close.

Damn it, reading this has my eyes bleeding, hell has frozen over.

Glad to see someone give McGloughan his props, really believe if he had not had his addiction he would have you guys trading division championships with us and yes Arizona now.

Can't speak for everyone but I've ALWAYS given McGloughan props. Hated to see him go.

I just don't think Baalke is nearly as bad as some let on. All it would take is a few of these young guys really developing to turn it all around (and I mean Baalkes reputation, not the 49ers fortunes).

Marvin49

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":328774uf said:

?

That was a totally left field Trumpian quote right there.

Fade

Reaction score
How many more years does Baalke get before he gets the ax? Who would take the 9er GM job anyway, knowing Jed is your boss. (Petulant Meddling Owner) and Chip is your coach. (Control Freak who still thinks he is in college.) ?
The 9ers are going to be a mess for years to come. No sense in even comparing them to the Seahawks who are on the complete other end of the spectrum.

Paul Allen top 5 owner
John Schneider top 5 GM
Pete Carroll top 5 Coach
Russell Wilson top 5 QB

VS.

York Family bottom 5 ownership
Trent Baalke bottom 5 GM (name 5 worse)
Chip Kelly not quite bottom 5... yet
Blaine Gabbert bottom 5 QB

9er fan delusion is endlessly entertaining.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fade":26llebfm said:
How many more years does Baalke get before he gets the ax? Who would take the 9er GM job anyway, knowing Jed is your boss. (Petulant Meddling Owner) and Chip is your coach. (Control Freak who still thinks he is in college.) ?
The 9ers are going to be a mess for years to come. No sense in even comparing them to the Seahawks who are on the complete other end of the spectrum.

Paul Allen top 5 owner
John Schneider top 5 GM
Pete Carroll top 5 Coach
Russell Wilson top 5 QB

VS.

Not sure who you are even talking to. Who's making that comparison?

I could argue top 5/bottom 5 all day, but who the hell cares? Its all subjective. No right and wrong. Right now there is no question. Seahawks are run better than the 49ers. I don't think you'll find a single Niner fan on this forum who would say otherwise.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":8fc2g5ho said:
Fade":8fc2g5ho said:

Paul Allen top 5 owner
John Schneider top 5 GM
Pete Carroll top 5 Coach
Russell Wilson top 5 QB

VS.

Not sure who you are even talking to. Who's making that comparison?

I could argue top 5/bottom 5 all day, but who the hell cares? Its all subjective. No right and wrong. Right now there is no question. Seahawks are run better than the 49ers. I don't think you'll find a single Niner fan on this forum who would say otherwise.
I can think of one (not you however).

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Fade":cuiv6ur8 said:

Paul Allen top 5 owner
John Schneider top 5 GM
Pete Carroll top 5 Coach
Russell Wilson top 5 QB

VS.

How is Kelly even in the discussion for bottom third of coaches? He has a winning record over 3 seasons.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2lozw09b said:
Fade":2lozw09b said:

Paul Allen top 5 owner
John Schneider top 5 GM
Pete Carroll top 5 Coach
Russell Wilson top 5 QB

VS.

How is Kelly even in the discussion for bottom third of coaches? He has a winning record over 3 seasons.

Devils advocate here,

I don't know where I would place him coaching wise but he was ran out of town for good reason. He ruined the roster and lost the locker room.

Is he good on game day? Or has he been figured out? These are the things that keep him from getting respect around the league. Remember he was floating unemployed for a while before the 9ers ran out of options and hired him but he wasn't even your first choice and nobody else even gave him a sniff.

No doubt the guy is a mad scientist but has he learned from his mistakes? Can he still get his system to work even with all the tape on him now and coaching against the NFC west?

I know Tomsula gets crapped on pretty hard but I didn't see the team give up on him like the Philly team did on Kelly and Oneal (your DC) is a giant question mark in any system let alone one that has a reputation for wearing defenses out.

Can Kelly coexist with Baalke?

I asked Marvin what his concerns were and if I were a 9er fan, these would be mine as much as the quality of players.

For the record I'm with Kearly on the QB position under Kelly. Kaep struggles in the areas that Kelly's system excels at. Gabbert has a better scheme fit and if Kelly's system will still work and your O-line, receivers and RB pan out, he may actually develop into a decent QB assuming Oniel's defense can keep scores low.

Definitely going to be one to watch. I think the 5.5 games is pretty realistic but if I had to place a bet right now, I would take the under.

chris98251

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3d2dlm4o said:
Fade":3d2dlm4o said:

Paul Allen top 5 owner
John Schneider top 5 GM
Pete Carroll top 5 Coach
Russell Wilson top 5 QB

VS.

Yes and two of the seasons were with other coaches players, the third he got rid of most of them and that last season was a disaster. Yet the 49ers bring in the guy that built that final roster as an advisor to Baalke supposedly. This should be fun to watch, whats worse then a dumpster fire? Throwing explosives into it maybe.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":f8gd1ebn said:
5_Golden_Rings":f8gd1ebn said:
Fade":f8gd1ebn said:

Paul Allen top 5 owner
John Schneider top 5 GM
Pete Carroll top 5 Coach
Russell Wilson top 5 QB

VS.

Yes and two of the seasons were with other coaches players, the third he got rid of most of them and that last season was a disaster. Yet the 49ers bring in the guy that built that final roster as an advisor to Baalke supposedly. This should be fun to watch, whats worse then a dumpster fire? Throwing explosives into it maybe.

Not so much an argument as much as a clarification...

"Yet the 49ers bring in the guy that built that final roster as an advisor to Baalke supposedly."

Tom Gamble was Trent Baalkes right hand man BEFORE Gamble went to Philly. He was thought to be an up and coming GM. Gamble was fired by Roseman for reasons still not entirely clear. When that happened, Gamble returned to the 49ers. The power struggle that ensued in Philly is how Chip got roster control before his final year. Gamble spent all year last year with SF before Chip was fired in Philly.

The 49ers trust Gamble because he worked for them long before he went to Philly. Gamble gave the 49ers his version of the events in Philly which is why they were comfortable making the hire.

Could still blow up in a big way...but just wanted to clarify what happened. The 49ers didn't just bring in Chips guy or something. He was there before Chip was hired.

Latest posts