Under Goodells watch

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
HawkWow":1vdg2ax8 said:
I don't talk smack to, or about anyone, if there is zero chance I can also do so to their face.

Still mad, huh brah? Just talk some more smack about Jerry Rice since there's a great chance that you'll be doing it to his face someday too.

I'm keeping this sig because it's so ridiculous that it gives me a chuckle, but I'm sure you'll top it sooner rather than later, and I always need new sig material.

Now enough whining about someone hurting your feelings on the internet. Save it for PMs or better yet, just put me on ignore.

Can't wait to see how Goodell deals with AP.

The NFL has a slightly lower serious arrest rate than the rate for the public at large, BTW: https://stat.duke.edu/~dalene/chance/ch ... flviol.pdf

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
chris98251":2rkjpwn4 said:
Seanhawk":2rkjpwn4 said:
Are you implying that none of those things would have happened if anyone else was commissioner? I hope not.

I am saying that a strong commissioner may have an incident but like with Al Davis they would make sure they were outside looking in with a rogue owner and or someone that brought shame or bad press to the League and tell him to get his act together behind closed doors.

Belichick would not be a coach.

The Bounty Gate coaches would not be allowed back etc.

Bounty Gate was a farce. It was all based upon the claims of an ex-employee who was fired for lying multiple times to the Saints staff. A good commissioner would have seen it as the total bullshit that it was.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
chris98251":cvzij71x said:
Spygate - Patriots

Bountygate - Saints

Irsay DUI

Jerry Jones sexual Harrasment

Ray Rice Fiasco and cover up

Browns owner and his scandal

I know there is more anyone remember them.

Starcaps

Ref Lockout (thanks Roger :) )

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
gowazzu02":398vqyw7 said:
I love a good Goodell bash, but lumping in Irsay getting a dui with the other stuff? come on now.

If the leagues owners are getting in trouble, having drug issues and sexual assaults and get their hands slapped how can you as a league ask the players to live to a higher standard. Irsay is suspended for what six games and has a fine he has to pay. This is a guy that carries around 20 to a hundred thousand dollars in his trunk for his emergency cash fund.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
nanomoz":3gdtdctm said:
I'm still pissed about the rules he put in place to prevent his beloved east coast teams from traveling west more than twice per year. (The subtext of this rule is Shack Word the west coast teams, they're the ones that are far away!")
Agree
and I'm not happy with his constant drivel about player safety while cow pastures exist in Pissburgh, Shitcago, etc.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2zxb05ck said:
Agree
and I'm not happy with his constant drivel about player safety while cow pastures exist in Pissburgh, Shitcago, etc.

That's a great point. Especially with the money these guys are raking in. I like a well maintained grass field, but you would also think that a synthetic product could be designed that is just as effective, that drains well and absorbs impact in a injury reducing way.

No football field should ever look like some of that garbage, nor should it be the infield of a baseball team.

Field turf is really good stuff, but I believe that they could even do better, to the point where a standard is met. I like the idea of a team having an advantage at home, but some of those fields are just terrible.

mikeak

Reaction score
Would players be calmer if they were allowed to smoke pot?

Let's say they have an aggressive personality. Pot should take the edge off but pot leads to suspensions so they don't smoke.

I am not saying this as an excuse but it would be interesting to see what happened if pot smoking was allowed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":1nn857mj said:
Goodell: Bringing Robert Mueller into the mix is a joke, imo. All this "former FBI head...." stuff is great assurance to the avg American that a real investigation is underway. The operative word in that quote is former. Mueller is for sale and his client has very deep pockets. Certainly he hopes to be used repeatedly by this client and it's clear the reps for this client (Mara and Rooney) have an agenda. They are calling this "an independent investigation" ? LMAO.
This, and don't forget the investigation is being overseen by 2 owners as well Wow. What a freakin' joke.

Latest posts