Underestimating Your Opponent 101

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
I can recall a stretch where the Hawks were known for rolling through their opponents in December, and heading into the Playoffs with a head of steam.

The last few years it seems, with Playoff and Divisional positioning on the line, we run into at least one sub-500 team who treats the game like their SuperBowl and comes to Seattle and embarrasses this team. Instead of contending for a first round bye, it automatically kicks us back into the field as another also-ran. Not like Home Field is going to matter much when there aren't fans in the stands come the playoffs, but still. I actually stopped watching mid-way through the game yesterday, because I saw too many guys smiling and cheering in the 1st half with a 3-0 lead against a team they should've been rolling. I'm tired of guys like that being on this team. Give me dirtbags who are pissed and play hard for 60 minutes.

No matter how you slice it, this team has lost four of seven, and while the defense has started to come around, the offense is looking dreadful. Like Coach Bevell and Cable type dreadful. :pukeface:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Defense>> Dunlap not playing @ 100%, or even anywhere close to 90%, and yes, he DOES makes that much of a difference.
Offense>> The O-Line isn't playing like they're playing @ 100%, or even anywhere close to 90% , Run blocking? nope, Pass blocking? hell nope.
Coaching>> Pete trying to do everything Old School, relying on the Big Plays, and I think if he had the horses to pull it off, it would be JUST OKAY, but he's competing with HC's that have adapted to most of the old ways, and are watching game film on how to counter it.
By Pete trying to stay the course, he's not showing our opponents that he's going to throw anything that they haven't already seen.
Big splash plays are fantastic, but you can't count on them when Defenses get your number, and share it with the rest of the League on how best to defend it. :177692:

xray

Reaction score
The good news is the Jets haven't won a game . The bad news is they will not go without at least one win .

Optimus25

Reaction score
looking at our roster, anytime we put up 3 offensive points in a half, shotty should have to issue a formal apology on air explaining himself.

themunn

Reaction score
Fans underestimate opponents, players do not.

Giants are 5-2 over last 7 games now and lost both games by a combined 5 points.