Undrafted Free Agent Picks

AgentDib

Reaction score
Own The West":2lr9byzp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/726589078917935104[/tweet]

Roster cap is 90, are we bumping up against that already?
Yes, we were at 80 without UDFA. That's why the speculation is that only 10 of these guys are actually signed and the others are actually tryouts.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkpower":o33w6vvr said:
Gotta wonder where Adam's mind is right now.

He thought he was the 2nd best QB in the draft lol

Then, not only was he not drafted, nobody even wanted him as an UDFA.

Will be interesting to see how he preforms. Probably will have a chip on his shoulder.

Would love to keep both he and Boykins as 2/3 on the depth chart.

Love it.

This is where his head is at.

Aint nothing changed, I been going through this all my life. I'm blessed to have made it this far. #Godsplan. Congrats to all my boys who got drafted today!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE2LTkYRPH4/

Hawkpower

Reaction score
JSeahawks":gesyzfd0 said:
Hawkpower":gesyzfd0 said:
Gotta wonder where Adam's mind is right now.

He thought he was the 2nd best QB in the draft lol

Then, not only was he not drafted, nobody even wanted him as an UDFA.

Will be interesting to see how he preforms. Probably will have a chip on his shoulder.

Would love to keep both he and Boykins as 2/3 on the depth chart.

Love it.

This is where his head is at.

Aint nothing changed, I been going through this all my life. I'm blessed to have made it this far. #Godsplan. Congrats to all my boys who got drafted today!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE2LTkYRPH4/

Awesome perspective!

Glad to have him!

vonstout

Reaction score
AgentDib":3d2ezrxx said:
Own The West":3d2ezrxx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/726589078917935104[/tweet]

Roster cap is 90, are we bumping up against that already?
Yes, we were at 80 without UDFA. That's why the speculation is that only 10 of these guys are actually signed and the others are actually tryouts.

The Hawks website shows our roster at 79. We can only take 90 to training camp.

So far, we have signed 18 UDFA and have invited 6 to the rookie camp:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/4/30/115 ... ks-edition

I don't know if the date for camp to open has been announced, but it's usually the end of July, so if we signed 18, we can obviously have more than 90 before training camp opens.

Seafan

Reaction score
All I can say to my fellow 12s regarding this years college player acquisition is:

YOU LIKE THAT!

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
cover-2":20obmjoj said:
vin.couve12":20obmjoj said:
cover-2":20obmjoj said:
titan3131":20obmjoj said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FAUOWLACCESS/status/726549721108488192[/tweet]

HELL YES !!! SO HAPPY FOR HIM

I'm happy for us! I love this kid's quickness. 1.64 10-yard split really shows up on tape.

[youtube]8M5LKx5-Kp4[/youtube]
Call me crazy, but I think he makes the team. He really reminds me of Mebane when he was actually a young kid just over 300 pounds. Big ol' butt and lower body in general and so he plays really low and his get off is out-frickin-standing. Just like Mebane....

Bane was never quite as quick as this guy. But, I'll jump on the crazy train with you...I think he has the body type & quickness like former Vikings/Seahawks DT John Randle.

th

That boy has a quick burst off the snap! Looks like a poor man's Rankins. I hope he makes the team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":12ri2qzu said:
Hasselbeck":12ri2qzu said:
We weren't messing around with Boykin apparently

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/726570299601219584[/tweet]

15K bonus for an UDFA is a pretty big number. Also think that all but rules out VA3

Anyone else stoke about getting Boykin? I hadnt really seriously looked into him but his hand size is ok, about the same as rodgers and from the film I am currently tatching when he is actually in the pocket he seems to have really good touch and accuracy on his throws.
He seems to have potential and the tools to be a quarterback unlike TJack so why not save money? Anybody see what Houston just paid for a 2nd tier guy? Osweiler isn't elite. He's Alex Smith or Matt Hasselbeck level. It's a horrible level to be in. Just ask anyone that is a Chiefs fan. And you would understand why they drafted a wide receiver every chance they had. Seriously just look at their draft.

1st tier guys you get by the draft usually, so listen up and realize getting Boykins is no joke. We're literally set at quarterback for the next 3-4 years if we aren't stupid.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
kearly":mwoosom5 said:
I always wanted Seattle to give Troy Smith a shot as a backup QB since he'd fit the Seahawks system so much better than just about anywhere else. It annoyed me that they never gave him a chance.

Boykin is the reincarnation of Troy Smith, so it made me pretty happy to finally get to see what a Troy Smith in Seattle experiment might have looked like.

And if Troy Smith doesn't seem like a sexy comp, then consider NFL.com's comp for Boykin: Tyrod Taylor.

With Adams, I've believed in him having NFL ability ever since he shredded UW at EWU. That was a pretty loaded UW defense that year too. And then he shredded them again in 2015, a year that had UW's defense #1 in the Pac-12.

So I am biased, but I think the guy can play and I think he's a perfect fit for Seattle's style of offense.

It's pretty weird that Seattle made Keith Price their very first UDFA call back in 2014, yet barely even extend a tryout offer to Vernon Adams.

Wrong. The defense was better than the year before but it still sucked, especially early in the year when the dawgs played EWU. Adams was dropping dimes but he also had no problem moving around against our shit defense. Marcus Peters did have 3 or 4 picks of Adams that game, but he was the only guy on the Husky D who showed up ready to play. That season had a bunch of great players playing individually, they did not play as a cohesive unit on defense the whole season.

Cad

Reaction score
MLOhawks":3l37au3n said:
kearly":3l37au3n said:
I always wanted Seattle to give Troy Smith a shot as a backup QB since he'd fit the Seahawks system so much better than just about anywhere else. It annoyed me that they never gave him a chance.

Boykin is the reincarnation of Troy Smith, so it made me pretty happy to finally get to see what a Troy Smith in Seattle experiment might have looked like.

And if Troy Smith doesn't seem like a sexy comp, then consider NFL.com's comp for Boykin: Tyrod Taylor.

With Adams, I've believed in him having NFL ability ever since he shredded UW at EWU. That was a pretty loaded UW defense that year too. And then he shredded them again in 2015, a year that had UW's defense #1 in the Pac-12.

So I am biased, but I think the guy can play and I think he's a perfect fit for Seattle's style of offense.

It's pretty weird that Seattle made Keith Price their very first UDFA call back in 2014, yet barely even extend a tryout offer to Vernon Adams.

Wrong. The defense was better than the year before but it still sucked, especially early in the year when the dawgs played EWU. Adams was dropping dimes but he also had no problem moving around against our shit defense. Marcus Peters did have 3 or 4 picks of Adams that game, but he was the only guy on the Husky D who showed up ready to play. That season had a bunch of great players playing individually, they did not play as a cohesive unit on defense the whole season.

That 2014 game had a lot of true freshmen and sophomores playing in the defensive backfield of Washington. Budda Baker and Kevin King were playing their first home game and just their second game overall in their college careers. Lots of blown coverage due to inexperience. It was a mess.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Cad":py1mu0xy said:
MLOhawks":py1mu0xy said:
kearly":py1mu0xy said:

That 2014 game had a lot of true freshmen and sophomores playing in the defensive backfield of Washington. Budda Baker and Kevin King were playing their first home game and just their second game overall in their college careers. Lots of blown coverage due to inexperience. It was a mess.

Yes, part of what I was saying. They really struggled mightily early in the year and the EWU game WAS NOT a demonstration of a great QB destroying a good defense. It was a good college QB destroying a shit college defensive performance early in the year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":36mjvntn said:

I remember him shredding the Dawgs with EWU and almost singlehandedly won the game for his team that day.
I knew then he can play.

nanomoz

Reaction score
DeAndre Elliott is very intriguing:

Although he was never a solidified starter until his senior year at CSU, Elliott’s numbers at the NFL Scouting Combine have certainly turned heads his direction. Elliot’s 20-yard shuttle time ranked second among 37 participating corner backs. His shuttle time of 3.93 seconds ranked only a hundredth of a second slower than first overall (Tavon Young – Temple).

Elliott’s vertical jump of 41 inches ranked second at the Combine. He ranked in the top-10 in two other drills, finishing sixth in the broad jump at 10′ 3”, and eighth in the three-cone drill at 6.93 seconds.

http://nflmocks.com/2016/03/27/deandre-elliott-cb-csu-2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":34pcnsk6 said:
Natethegreat":34pcnsk6 said:
Paul McRoberts, Keyarris Garrett,

I'm taking it that you're in the same camp I'm in of looking at big WR's. Check out this physical freak (who just happened to go UNDRAFTED) ...

BYU's Mitch Mathews
6'6" ... 222 pounds ... and has 10.5" Hands
At his Pro Day, he recorded ...

38" Vertical
10' 9" Broad Jump
and ran the 40 in 4.42 seconds ...

[youtube]SGqaJDmh2EQ[/youtube]
How would all of that look in a Seahawks uniform ... all for the price of a phone call and an opportunity to prove himself on the football field?
Multitasker --sounds too intelligent to be a Seahawk :p

BadgerVid

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3bn9khvm said:
Hasselbeck":3bn9khvm said:
randomation":3bn9khvm said:
Any news about McEvoy would love to see him in Seattle or really just get a shot anywhere his natural ability is insane.

You will probably like this ;)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BergenCathFB/status/726564767930933249[/tweet]
GREAT Athlete. The more you can do. Monster Safety? WR? TE? OLB? Dang... PERFECT landing spot for him. Seahawks could do some really cool creative things with McEvoy and others they've acquired. There will be cuts, but a lot of these signings are not going to make those easy.

Somebody said the problem with Tanner is deciding where to play him. As a Safety, he has great hands and an instinct for the ball, but also is capable of delivering Kam Chancellor-ish hits. Also a very good receiver, decent RB and a decent passer for trick plays. I see he is being listed as a TE but I can't remember seeing him blocking much for the Badgers...also a punishing gunner on ST. A lot of value there for one roster spot.