Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

rideaducati

Reaction score
SeaWolv":727mwvy6 said:
getnasty":727mwvy6 said:
Not sure if this is so bad, Bevell calls a better game without Lynch anyways. I just find it odd that he didn't experience any set backs last week in his 8 hr/per day workouts he was going through, but then he practices for 3 days in Seattle and feels he can go? It's not like him and Kam are playing hit, hit, tackle all practice, at most he's doing some running and cutting.

I'm just disappointed that he didn't travel with the team. If he re-injured himself then taking it easy for a day or two and supporting your team would probably be wise.

I don't think shivering for three hours on a sideline is very conducive to healing a stomach injury.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Only thing that was bugging me is getting the rug pulled out from underneath us since it looked like he was playing for sure. But really, that's more on us as fans then on him. Could happen anytime. If he don't feel up to it, no worries! I started to get bothered he didn't at least travel, but then came to my senses. That's not really a big deal either. He's proven time and time again he's got his teammate's backs.

The guy is a legend. Would we do better with him? Yes. Does it really matter with the way the whole team is playing? NOPE! Business as usual, go kick some Viking arse!

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
For the Vikings fans lurking here, though you find a tiny minority of us here at first critical and a bit suspicious of the way this was all announced , you will be hard pressed to find any of us lose any confidence in this offense playing without him. We didn't have him when we rocked your house the last time, and we are just as capable of rocking it again Sunday.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
falcongoggles":i5ezpnpe said:
I'm taking the positive approach. I think the return of Marshawn could have thrown off the equilibrium of this team. Let's face it Bevell is terrible at integrating in new players on the fly. The replacements have done fine and clicking with good rushing in the last two out of three games. Marshawn hasn't played in weeks and only have three days to get him up to speed with the "new offense" (according to Cable) might have been too short a time period.

I just hope that all the squabbling is come from the twitterverse and not from inside the locker room. The last thing we can afford is discontent at this juncture in the season.

Also, am I the only one who is nervous about Kam coming back? He has been torched by tight ends and I haven't seen anything that's show me he's learned from it.

No, you are not. I am kinda concerned too. McCray...5th rounder....ok.

sc85sis

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2je67afk said:
The news of ML missing is not the greatest news, but this is football.
You never know, if this game was your last game or not.
Win or lose on Sunday, I hope we haven't seen the last of ML in a Seahawks uniform.
Good luck to those who will dress on Sunday. I hope Bryce and Christine will be ready to go.
I hope we play a turnover free game. I know, our D will have a few turnovers. I expect us to win 2-0 (safety) and move on the Carolina.
After I got past my in-game panic at the lack of scoring by the Hawks, I would laugh myself silly if we won a playoff game 2-0.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Lol, everyone loved Christine Michael when we thought we were getting Marshawn Back. Now that Michael is starting, no one trusts him.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2ydfqgac said:
SeaWolv":2ydfqgac said:
getnasty":2ydfqgac said:
Not sure if this is so bad, Bevell calls a better game without Lynch anyways. I just find it odd that he didn't experience any set backs last week in his 8 hr/per day workouts he was going through, but then he practices for 3 days in Seattle and feels he can go? It's not like him and Kam are playing hit, hit, tackle all practice, at most he's doing some running and cutting.

I'm just disappointed that he didn't travel with the team. If he re-injured himself then taking it easy for a day or two and supporting your team would probably be wise.

I don't think shivering for three hours on a sideline is very conducive to healing a stomach injury.

He could just sit up in the heated booths like he's done before. I'm hoping that he stayed back to not miss days of rehab and hopefully he can go when we're in Carolina next week. I'm still not sold on CM like most are here it seems. I hope he turns into something amazing after his reality check and he just may, but I'm not all warm and fuzzy about him like so many on .net. Will we win? Yes. But that doesn't mean people can't be disappointed that Beast isn't there.

edogg23

Reaction score
rideaducati":36jtx66f said:
SeaWolv":36jtx66f said:
getnasty":36jtx66f said:

But playing basketball is?

Mojambo

Reaction score
edogg23":3uwoe62o said:
rideaducati":3uwoe62o said:
SeaWolv":3uwoe62o said:
getnasty":3uwoe62o said:

But playing basketball is?

You seriously think the two compare?

Come on.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
If he could play, he would. No question. This is not a complicated situation with any hidden conspiracy or alternative reason. I don't think there is any reason for a lot of fuss. The Hawks will work it the best way they know.

Just remember one thing - we are fans, not coaches. There is a myriad of information that we are not privy to.

Attachments

• RW's Bird.jpg
    RW's Bird.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 784

Cyrus12

Reaction score
...maybe if they gave him the ball in the last play of last years last game he would be in....flame on...

In seriousness would of been nice for him to get some action this game so he would be ready to go vs Carolina if we get passed the Vikings.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
rideaducati":1eaftwfo said:
SeaWolv":1eaftwfo said:
getnasty":1eaftwfo said:

They have heaters and heated benches. Plus he could bundle up as much as he likes since he's not suiting up. It's important to support your team even when you can't play. It means a lot to your teammates, it says a lot about your commitment to the team and as a team leader.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3m1184nl said:
...maybe if they gave him the ball ON the last play of last year's last game he would be in....flame on...

In seriousness would HAVE been nice for him to get some action this game so he would be ready to go vs Carolina WHEN we get PAST the Vikings.

Fixed it for you.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm at a loss for people judging him on not going to the game. If he wasn't ready this week then he has work to do to get right for next week. That is being a better teammate then standing on the side lines and missing 4 days of rehab to get right. If he traveled it would hurt his chances for next week.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SeaWolv":mdxagqew said:
rideaducati":mdxagqew said:
SeaWolv":mdxagqew said:
getnasty":mdxagqew said:

They have heaters and heated benches. Plus he could bundle up as much as he likes since he's not suiting up. It's important to support your team even when you can't play. It means a lot to your teammates, it says a lot about your commitment to the team and as a team leader.

I would think being ready for next week is a little higher on the list than being on the sideline this week. The BEST ability is AVAILability.

hawkfansam

Reaction score
The Hawks will be fine. This season hasn't been about Lynch from the start. Whether or not he would've been ready or effective was still a huge question mark IMO.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Man, just a TON of blind faith marshawnism in this thread.

Look, the chances are his stomach just isn't feeling up to snuff. Occam's Razor. But to just completely dismiss any thought of the whole situation at least seeming a little odd and chastising any member who posts with a similar thought is way over the top. Lynch is a superhero to some of you guys, we get it. But how about having a little objectivity.

The fact is he practiced all week and and pulled himself out, was reportedly playing bball during pete's presser, then didn't even get on the plane? There is probably a good explanation for all of this. But come on people, take off your skittle tainted glasses. It's strange, and there is nothing wrong with saying so.

Yeah, yeah, Marshawn marches to the beat of his own drum. Call it what you want but the guy seems to make some selfish decisions as a teammate. He gives more on the field than any player I have ever seen. But if you're being honest you know the truth is he is at the very least somewhat selfish off of it. He should have been with his team the last 2 months and he sure as hell should have been on that plane supporting his guys. Who are we kidding?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
rideaducati":10szbxb1 said:
I would think being ready for next week is a little higher on the list than being on the sideline this week. The BEST ability is AVAILability.

If he re-aggravated the injury yesterday then what prep is he realistically going to be able to do today and tomorrow that won't threaten further injury?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He will be missed but below 0 temps comming off groin surgery can't be good.

hawk45

Reaction score
If he doesn't feel up to playing he shouldn't play, that part isn't objectionable.

As DavidSeven points out however, the way he handled it, rehabbing away from the team, with the team only getting fed information from his MMA instructor, reduced the team's awareness of his progress and increased the likelihood of a situation like this where the team's preparation in terms of allocated reps is less than optimal because they were unable to get a solid reading on where he was.

Indeed, it seems they really were never able to get a good reading on it if Lynch had to pull himself at the eleventh hour after the team saying he was ready to go all week. Especially Pete who is notoriously conservative about saying a guy is ready, if he was fooled that badly then the team evaluation was way off.

That stinks, and hurts the team when his backups lose reps leading up to a do or die playoff game.

I don't question Lynch on the field and I don't question his self evaluation but he handled this particular situation poorly and it hurt the team. It doesn't have to cause us to lose the game for a fan to be a little steamed about it.