Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Cyrus12":gaowb8lf said:
...maybe if they gave him the ball in the last play of last years last game he would be in....flame on...

In seriousness would of been nice for him to get some action this game so he would be ready to go vs Carolina if we get passed the Vikings.

This was kind of what I was thinking. I'm nervous about trying to re-instate him into the offense at this point. We have evolved in his absence and I have been nervous all week about weather reincorporating him would just be seamless or actually a detriment to play and potentially play calling.

The one bright note about having him return this week was the level of competition. Not saying the Vikings are a push over. They won 11 games but IMO the Panthers would much less afford us the opportunity for in game adjustments and such should Lynch's return be less than stellar and at this point we don't have concrete evidence he will be back to beast mode of old or if father time really has come to roost.

On to the continuing saga. Good luck Michael and Brown Rice, Hang onto the ball, it will be slippery and this is your shot so make it count.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/edwerderespn/status/685810556020719617[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/685864972270764032[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/685866657818906628[/tweet]

cHawkPhan

Reaction score
There is a part of me that thinks the kid from Cal made a business decision.
It's going to be how cold?
High of about -1 degrees, wind chill about -20 degrees
Damn, Boss.
I still get paid, regardless, right?
Yep.

But if he really wasn't ready to go, not risking further injury would be the best move.

But I also think even before the injury, he was not the RB we have been accustomed to seeing the past few years. He was hesitating behind the line, allowing the holes to close (small as they may have been early in the season), meanwhile Rawls came in and exploded through them. I think being less predictable is one of the main reasons our offense has opened up with Lynch and Graham down.

That being said, I 'd still like to see him on the field for us this year at some point, which obviously means advancing. I think all Seahawk fans would like to see 'Beastmode' make an appearance this postseason.

As far as next year, Thanks to Rawls, and hopefully even a seemingly enlightened C. Mike, there is no way he is in a Seahawk uniform under the current salary we'd be on the hook for in 2016 giving his age and production this year.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hurt or not, why didn't he get on the bus? "Team game, boss."

SeaWolv

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2w142w99 said:
He will be missed but below 0 temps comming off groin surgery can't be good.

Temperature at game time is supposed to be 4 degrees not below zero. I don't see how being bundled up in cold temps adds any risk to a healing process. I think being there to support your teammates is much more important.

hawk45

Reaction score
Those tweets make it seem he didn't inform the team he couldn't go, they just found out when he didn't board the bus or close to that time. That's how I interpret "sudden". Danny's comment about something having gone sideways seems on the mark, hope we get to find out someday what really happened.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
hawk45":2sw1skml said:
Those tweets make it seem he didn't inform the team he couldn't go, they just found out when he didn't board the bus or close to that time. That's how I interpret "sudden". Danny's comment about something having gone sideways seems on the mark, hope we get to find out someday what really happened.

If I'm Marshawn and worked my tail off trying to get back and ready in time, then Pete tells me Christine is gonna get the majority of the carries anyway, I'd be pissed. Not sure at all if this could have happened or if Lynch would even feel like that. But there's gotta be some oddball reason as to why last second he didn't travel with his team. Don't flame me either for my wild guess guys. It's just a GUESS

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I believe the weather in Minnesota has something to do with Lynch's decision not to play. I was listening to John Clayton's show on ESPN radio this morning, John said that Lynch looked like he had lost about 15 pounds from his listed weight. Maybe Lynch doesn't feel he can help the team at that weight. Practicing well (they aren't hitting you in practice, etc) and game play is very different. This is also Lynch's first major injury so maybe he's being overly cautious. That's his prerogative.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1fnwy3j6 said:
I believe the weather in Minnesota has something to do with Lynch's decision not to play. I was listening to John Clayton's show on ESPN radio this morning, John said that Lynch looked like he had lost about 15 pounds from his listed weight. Maybe Lynch doesn't feel he can help the team at that weight. Practicing well (they aren't hitting you in practice, etc) and game play is very different. This is also Lynch's first major injury so maybe he's bein overly cautious. That's his prerogative.

Could he stand on the sideline and root for them? Give the running backs some support and advice?

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":ftxxqtmj said:
I believe the weather in Minnesota has something to do with Lynch's decision not to play. I was listening to John Clayton's show on ESPN radio this morning, John said that Lynch looked like he had lost about 15 pounds from his listed weight. Maybe Lynch doesn't feel he can help the team at that weight. Practicing well (they aren't hitting you in practice, etc) and game play is very different. This is also Lynch's first major injury so maybe he's being overly cautious. That's his prerogative.

Thanks for the info about the possible weight loss, if true that could be a huge disadvantage to the way he feels physically and ultimately his own perception of how he'd play.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Laloosh":rhhkis86 said:
hawkfan68":rhhkis86 said:
I believe the weather in Minnesota has something to do with Lynch's decision not to play. I was listening to John Clayton's show on ESPN radio this morning, John said that Lynch looked like he had lost about 15 pounds from his listed weight. Maybe Lynch doesn't feel he can help the team at that weight. Practicing well (they aren't hitting you in practice, etc) and game play is very different. This is also Lynch's first major injury so maybe he's bein overly cautious. That's his prerogative.

Could he stand on the sideline and root for them? Give the running backs some support and advice?

Yes he probably could. Could it also be a possibility that Pete/JS may have told him to stay home if he's not going to play?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The weight thing is a non-issue to me. That's what he weighed on Monday when he and his MMA trainer said he was good to go. He's also not putting on 15 pounds in one week, so if that's the issue, he'd be out for Carolina as well.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawkfan68":p6tin7im said:
Laloosh":p6tin7im said:
hawkfan68":p6tin7im said:

Yes he probably could. Could it also be a possibility that Pete/JS may have told him to stay home if he's not going to play?

Why would they?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Clayton was saying this morning that he's at about 195 pounds, 16 pounds lighter than is playing weight of 211.

If your used to playing at a certain weight and lose 15 pounds, it effects you mentally. That may have something to do with it. :Like John said, 195 is not beastly.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Laloosh":5uz4pyyw said:
hawkfan68":5uz4pyyw said:
Laloosh":5uz4pyyw said:
hawkfan68":5uz4pyyw said:

Why would they?

Who knows...the point is no one knows why except for Marshawn and PC/JS. Marshawn has in the past been on sidelines. He did it earlier this season for Rawls.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bobblehead":373k71nq said:
Clayton was saying this morning that he's at about 195 pounds, 16 pounds lighter than is playing weight of 211.

If your used to playing at a certain weight and lose 15 pounds, it effects you mentally. That may have something to do with it. :Like John said, 195 is not beastly.

If he came in underweight, then what was his MMA coach doing? Staying at playing weight is part of the entire rehab process. Why are they doing 8-10 hours of MMA training and two-a-days if that was becoming an issue?

Again, this is a problem only when you do everything away from the team.

hawk45

Reaction score
The whole week they were touting how lean and in shape he was. Now Lynch is mentally down about his body weight? And that is why he pulled himself at the last minute?

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Although I could see his weight being an issue, I'd think that they would have known about that much sooner in the week if it were to effect him mentally going into the weekend. My best guess is the team was just in a hurry of sorts to get on the bus, then get out of town. Then the coaching staff had a second to think about it and ask if maybe he should stay back cuz the facilities at home will maybe get him ready to go for Carolina.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I'm not sure why those who are a bit suspicious of how this went down are getting blasted here as being awful fans.

Based on what we know about Marshawn, and based on the strange way this has gone down, it doesn't seem all that off base to wonder if there is more to the story than just a sore tummy in cold weather.