Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

nanomoz

Reaction score
To the people questioning Marshawn's heart or toughness: you are unbelievable. What more could Marshawn have done for this franchise and his teammates over the last five years to convince you that he's one of the toughest gamers and best teammates in the era? Unreal.

It actually sickens me that people think he's mailing it in. He's the toughest player I've probably ever watched in my life (that played in the contemporary era, at least).

The dude just had his pelvis torn open, and it's being held together by ******* fabric at the moment. You go get that procedure done, and let's see how long it takes you to run, cut, and weather being hit by some of the greatest athletes in the world.

Moreover, do you think Pete and crew are morons? You think they'd have kept him on the active roster, when he may never even make it back in time, if they had even a shred of a suspicion that his heart isn't in it?

Give me a break.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
nanomoz":qonua477 said:
To the people questioning Marshawn's heart or toughness: you are unbelievable. What more could Marshawn have done for this franchise and his teammates over the last five years to convince you that he's one of the toughest gamers and best teammates in the era? Unreal.

It actually sickens me that people think he's mailing it in. He's the toughest player I've probably ever watched in my life (that played in the contemporary era, at least).

The dude just had his pelvis torn open, and it's being held together by ******* fabric at the moment. You go get that procedure done, and let's see how long it takes you to run, cut, and weather being hit by some of the greatest athletes in the world.

Moreover, do you think Pete and crew are morons? You think they'd have kept him on the active roster, when he may never even make it back in time, if they had even a shred of a suspicion that his heart isn't in it?

Give me a break.

Slow down there.

I see some people wondering if something is up with Marshawn being upset, etc. To insinuate there are tons of people questioning his toughness is a strawman.

And considering the circumstances, it is natural to wonder if there is more to the story. Marshawn has brought that on himself with his strange behavior over the years.

Laloosh

Reaction score
nanomoz":2w44syh4 said:

Give me a break.

:smilie=angry016.gif:

seahawksny

Reaction score
We saw what happened when a star player sat out for non injury related reasons at start of season with chancellor. They went 0-2.

If this is strictly injury related, then why isn't Pete saying that?

I really hope this isn't a distraction like it was with Chancellor or this will be last game of the year.

Gametime

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":yk6fvhiq said:
Cyrus12":yk6fvhiq said:
Lynch a Patriot next year...
Nope, Oakalnd Raider. And that's not meant as me being angry about this situation. I'm not. Just my opinion on where he'll play next year.

Yep. I'm with you on this as well.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":206zq4ry said:
nanomoz":206zq4ry said:

Give me a break.

Slow down there.

I see some people wondering if something is up with Marshawn being upset, etc. To insinuate there are tons of people questioning his toughness is a strawman.

And considering the circumstances, it is natural to wonder if there is more to the story. Marshawn has brought that on himself with his strange behavior over the years.

^this

I am genuinely curious though, when did Marshawn become this incredible teammate figure?

He repeatedly conducts himself in a manner in which none of his team mates could get away with. He puts himself on a pedestal above everyone else and in this most recent case hasn't even been with his team mates for 2 months while they are battling every week. Maybe he is amazing behind the scenes providing encouragement and support but there is zero evidence that is the case. I just don't see how some can conclude Marshawn is "one of the best team mates in the era"

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
OpHawk":1actqtcr said:
Hawkpower":1actqtcr said:
nanomoz":1actqtcr said:

Give me a break.

Slow down there.

^this

I am genuinely curious though, when did Marshawn become this incredible teammate figure?

He repeatedly conducts himself in a manner in which none of his team mates could get away with. He puts himself on a pedestal above everyone else and in this most recent case hasn't even been with his team mates for 2 months while they are battling every week. Maybe he is amazing behind the scenes providing encouragement and support but there is zero evidence that is the case. I just don't see how some can conclude Marshawn is "one of the best team mates in the era"

That's what his teammates say about him. That's how one can conclude that.

OpHawk

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":12qk2exw said:
OpHawk":12qk2exw said:
Hawkpower":12qk2exw said:
nanomoz":12qk2exw said:

Give me a break.

Slow down there.

^this

When is the last time you have heard a player of any franchise not say how great a team mate is when asked in an interview?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Is anyone now worried about this game tomorrow?
I am

Not cause he isn't playing but because of the distraction

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hawkpower":110q9vw5 said:
nanomoz":110q9vw5 said:

Give me a break.

Slow down there.

I know, I know. I'm not talking to those people. I'm talking to those that claim Marshawn has mailed it in. There's a couple.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seymour":31a2u07c said:
hawksfansinceday1":31a2u07c said:
Cyrus12":31a2u07c said:
Lynch a Patriot next year...
Nope, Oakalnd Raider. And that's not meant as me being angry about this situation. I'm not. Just my opinion on where he'll play next year.

Lynch has threatened to retire better than 2 years ago. What makes you think with that thought process and now after his first major injury and diminishing production he will go play for some other team? Makes no sense to me, I think we've seen the last of Beast Mode.
And that wouldn't surprise me either. Just a guess since it's his hometown and all.

nanomoz

Reaction score
OpHawk":p1ny5m92 said:
When is the last time you have heard a player of any franchise not say how great a team mate is when asked in an interview?

I remember a couple of specific stories from earlier this year that cited Marshawn as the reason this team began to get its act together. Saying someone is a good teammate is one thing, rallying around a teammate, or for a teammate, is another entirely:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000563536/Bennett-We-just-had-to-stay-focused

Our memories are getting shorter and shorter, our perspectives are more accusatory, and we expect gratification much more quickly. I'm guilty of it, I don't like it.

I'm usually glad that the people in charge are not guilty of the same contemporary fickleness.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
nanomoz":2ivwyutc said:

Give me a break.
You make too much sense

marko358

Reaction score
seahawksny":2t5vshdd said:
I am

Distraction for who? The fans? I guarantee the team doesn't care what we're worried and fussing about. Lynch hasn't been around in weeks. This will not be a blip on their radar until post game when reporters get a chance to ask questions.

rjdriver

Reaction score
nanomoz":uyrqry96 said:

Give me a break.

I agree.

Him not playing is not a lack of toughness.

Him actually practicing this week so soon after having mesh hold in his inards; that's toughness. I don't think most players even try.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
OpHawk":183uxpsn said:
imnKOgnito":183uxpsn said:
OpHawk":183uxpsn said:

I didn't say anything about "in an interview". You've honestly never heard any of his current or former teammates talk (or tweet) anything about him being a great teammate and person without being prompted?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":113pj5ze said:
I am

When was the last time Russell Wilson was distracted?

Or Michael Bennett?

Or Richard Sherman?

Or Doug Baldwin?

Who is ever distracted on this team?

Seymour

Reaction score
rjdriver":1dwaaavm said:
nanomoz":1dwaaavm said:

Give me a break.

I agree.

Him not playing is not a lack of toughness.

Him actually practicing this week so soon after having mesh hold in his inards; that's toughness. I don't think most players even try.

Disagree. He has been out almost 7 weeks now and the projected recovery time from his surgery was 4-6 weeks. They said it went well and expected a quick recovery, He didn't even show up here till after 6 weeks.

OpHawk

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":2bfhp4ny said:
OpHawk":2bfhp4ny said:
imnKOgnito":2bfhp4ny said:
OpHawk":2bfhp4ny said:

I didn't say anything about "in an interview". You've honestly never heard any of his current or former teammates talk (or tweet) anything about him being a great teammate and person without being prompted?

Well I don't have twitter so I cant speak for that. The only time I hear words from players mouths are in interviews or quotes from interviews. Seems to be the same canned, generic jargon about lynch that you hear about any other player, with the clear exception being how hard he runs, which cannot be denied.

And again, all this talk about toughness, who is questioning his toughness? As stated earlier, this is a total strawman.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
OpHawk":1qtbbqyi said:
imnKOgnito":1qtbbqyi said:
OpHawk":1qtbbqyi said:
imnKOgnito":1qtbbqyi said:
OpHawk said:

Well I don't have twitter so I cant speak for that. The only time I hear words from players mouths are in interviews or quotes from interviews. Seems to be the same canned, generic jargon about lynch that you hear about any other player, with the clear exception being how hard he runs, which cannot be denied.
Then you don't listen much.

Latest posts