Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Schubie":2x9k26w3 said:
I literally never post but has this guy not earned the benefit of the doubt? I mean he has arguably the 3 most iconic, memorable, and important runs in franchise history, not to mention he's a LEGENDARY character that we will all be telling our grandchildren about when they ask about the 24 hanging from the rafters. So why would ANYONE question his heart, dedication, or sincerity? If he says he can't go, he can't go. Let's just hope we win this week so we can see Beast Mode against Carolina. Every down this one-of-a-kind LEGEND plays for us is a blessing. Just be grateful he's ours and enjoy the ride.

Amazing first post. Fully agree.

I've been wearing his wolf grey all week. I understand the pain and confusion; we all wanted him back.
But yeah, it is what it is, so let's win one and see if Marshawn gets back for the week after.

jake206

Reaction score
This is for the best... I really think that Sunday is going to be an injury-fest for us. We win no doubt, but I fear a phyrric victory. So keeping Marshawn as the extra ace, would be prudent.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Obviously the pain was too much for Lynch to handle and that's it. Pete said himself that the team wanted to see how Marshawn's body responded after a full work load in practice. Do you really think Marshawn was intentionally trying to let his team, family and fans down not to mention hurting his chances at another ring? Considering all that Lynch has done for the Seahawks you'd think he'd get the benefit of the doubt by now. Some of the fans here are a complete joke.

kf3339

Reaction score
Ever since Rawls went down we have had a running back by committee approach to each game. We have won every game except the one team that seems to play us better than anyone else. That team is not the Vikings, so I'm not worried.

HawkJay

Reaction score
I'm actually a little relieved he hasn't made it. Beast has been my favourite Hawk for years but this year even prior to missing games he didn't look the same. I'm happier keeping Michael in fresh off the back of his first ever 100 yard game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kf3339":1lo3bxxj said:
Ever since Rawls went down we have had a running back by committee approach to each game. We have won every game except the one team that seems to play us better than anyone else. That team is not the Vikings, so I'm not worried.

The people that ARE worried would just find something else to worry about if Lynch was playing. They always have to be worrying about something.

kearly

Reaction score
Darn it. Now all we have is a healthier version of the team that whipped AZ 36-6 in their own building last week. We're screwed.

kf3339

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1d3uf7jj said:
253hawk":1d3uf7jj said:
ShaunPope":1d3uf7jj said:
Gotta be effing kidding me. How did he go from feeling and looking great in 3 days of practice to being ruled out. Son of a bitch. Huge hit to our playoff chances.

RobDaHawk":1d3uf7jj said:
There goes the postseason. I'm not optimistic at all about this.

Uh...did you guys not watch the past 7 games where we didn't have him at all? He hasn't even really done much this season anyway; it's all been Rawls.

Those games were largely against cupcake competition.

Yes, Minnesota will be amongst that cupcake competition despite their playoff status. But Carolina and Arizona, those will be tough.

We just played Arizona and seemed to do quite well running the ball in that game. You can't tell me Arizona was playing all out at least the first half and were behind 30-6 at halftime. So it seems to me that our running back group along with RW's scrambling and passing will still be enough to get the job done.

Crizilla

Reaction score
rideaducati":1z2i1xjv said:
Crizilla":1z2i1xjv said:
rideaducati":1z2i1xjv said:
Crizilla":1z2i1xjv said:
Awesome.

We can't win the owl without him

Good thing were not looking to win an owl.

yes we are. Anything less is a no go. The entire plan is to get to the owl and have beast mode score the game winning TD this time and ride off into retirement as a 2x champion. I can dream, ok. I don't think we need Lynch to beat minny but we need either lynch or rawls (who out rest of the yaer) to win it all this year.

Ok Chicken Little, the sky really IS falling. While your World has ended, I'll be over here enjoying the Seahawks playoff victories...with or without Lynch.

Of course if Lynch's heart isn't into it (thats pure speculation right now by the way, there is a chance hes still really not 100%), then I wouldn't want him to play. You act as if i just threw away all my seahawks gear. I think we are better with a healthy Lynch than Christine Michael. Get over it.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Well this is a real unexpected disappointment. I was really looking forward to having him back and wasn't aware of any of the twitter rumors earlier. Only thing we knew was that he would be questionable and a gametime decision. Nothing really out of the ordinary there and I, like many, expected him to play.

Can we still win? Will our gameplan be severely affected? I think Michael will continue to do well and Wilson will guide us to another postseason victory. But what did happen exactly with Lynch? To simply state that there's nothing at all bizarre here-that a player, despite coming off an injury, was a full participant all 3 days, a player whose coach was emphatically enthusiastic all week since Monday about him playing; a player that was seen shooting hoops while his coach tells the press they'll officially wait and see and all of a sudden that player declares himself out and doesn't travel with the team.

To suggest that all of this is "normal" and not at least question this situation seems strange to me yet many here appear to believe Lynch and the organization are in pure harmony together. How many players have you seen this year that were full participants the entire week declare themselves out suddenly? How many players rehab completely on their own out of state and the only communication between the team and them is through their trainer? I think it's premature to speculate exactly what may have transpired but for people to just outright refuse any notion that this was perhaps more than simply "he doesn't feel ready" is surprising. Never be afraid to go against the majority and question things that don't seem right.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sucks, I just found out, but quite frankly we have been doing just fine without him over our winning streak. Yes having him out there would have been a great boost to the players and fans but the gloom and doomers crack me up.

Last I checked we have been kicking ass and taking names without him in the back field and that includes with our running back by committee lately.

Everybody relax.

Russell's got this. :th2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
Sucks that we wont get to watch Beast play, but it doesn't really change our chances that much IMNSHO.

We got this!

GO HAWKS!!!

Rob12

Reaction score
A few folks in here are forgetting about Russell Wilson in this thread. Saying you don't like our chances in the postseason now? Come on. This team truly became Russell's team this year. We've been through a laundry list of running backs, and despite that, we still had a great year running the football - and the passing game took an enormous step forward once the offensive line started to gel. I don't care who we've played. We just got done beating Arizona by 30 points in their house, and despite the "softer" competition over the last seven or so games, the offense has looked extremely efficient. No. 1 in DVOA means something, no? The Seahawks had a brutal schedule this season and still won 10 games, despite the fact that they should have won 13 or 14. Don't get it twisted, here. This team is battle tested and insanely talented, and I promise you no team really likes the idea of playing them in the playoffs all that much.

And to question Lynch's dedication is absurd. It's absolutely absurd. This man has given a lot to this franchise. Here's a thought - maybe he knows he's not healthy enough to go this Sunday in bone chilling temperatures. Maybe in his heart he felt like he was, so he practiced all week, but felt like he wasn't quite right to go. To me, that shows a greater dedication to the team because if he knows he's not ready yet, he could end up costing the team more by playing. Isn't that obvious? He spent all week preparing to play, and had every intent of doing so, but when it came down to the final hours before boarding the team bus, he knew he wasn't right. So instead, he's staying back in Seattle and will work with his trainers to get ready for Carolina. I honestly can't believe there are people here who are actually questioning his commitment. You can't judge him like you can everyone else; he's a different type of dude and he has never not been prepared. How quickly some forget. People say they think he should have pulled himself sooner, but as a competitor, you believe until the last minute that you can go. And I think that's all this was. When it came right down to it, he couldn't lie to himself or put his team in a bad spot.

Come on, folks. He's always been all in as a Seahawk. And to think otherwise is just silly.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rob12":8fb0mdn0 said:
A few folks in here are forgetting about Russell Wilson in this thread. Saying you don't like our chances in the postseason now? Come on. This team truly became Russell's team this year. We've been through a laundry list of running backs, and despite that, we still had a great year running the football - and the passing game took an enormous step forward once the offensive line started to gel. I don't care who we've played. We just got done beating Arizona by 30 points in their house, and despite the "softer" competition over the last seven or so games, the offense has looked extremely efficient. No. 1 in DVOA means something, no? The Seahawks had a brutal schedule this season and still won 10 games, despite the fact that they should have won 13 or 14. Don't get it twisted, here. This team is battle tested and insanely talented, and I promise you no team really likes the idea of playing them in the playoffs all that much.

And to question Lynch's dedication is absurd. It's absolutely absurd. This man has given a lot to this franchise. Here's a thought - maybe he knows he's not healthy enough to go this Sunday in bone chilling temperatures. Maybe in his heart he felt like he was, so he practiced all week, but felt like he wasn't quite right to go. To me, that shows a greater dedication to the team because if he knows he's not ready yet, he could end up costing the team more by playing. Isn't that obvious? He spent all week preparing to play, and had every intent of doing so, but when it came down to the final hours before boarding the team bus, he knew he wasn't right. So instead, he's staying back in Seattle and will work with his trainers to get ready for Carolina. I honestly can't believe there are people here who are actually questioning his commitment. You can't judge him like you can everyone else; he's a different type of dude and he has never not been prepared. How quickly some forget. People say they think he should have pulled himself sooner, but as a competitor, you believe until the last minute that you can go. And I think that's all this was. When it came right down to it, he couldn't lie to himself or put his team in a bad spot.

Come on, folks. He's always been all in as a Seahawk. And to think otherwise is just silly.

BAM! Well put, 100% agree.

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":b2pt22rq said:
massari":b2pt22rq said:
Seanhawk":b2pt22rq said:
massari":b2pt22rq said:
ESPN the worldwide leader in sports doesn't know about Thomas Rawls yet. From their twitter:

Playoff teams missing starting RB from Week 1
Chiefs- Jamaal Charles
Texans- Arian Foster
Steelers- Bell/Williams
Seahawks- Marshawn Lynch

ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) January 9, 2016

Their info looks correct. Rawls didn't start week 1, Lynch did.
They listed Bell/Williams for Pittsburgh but Bell didn't start week 1.

Bell wasn't out because of injury though.. so he was by definition the "starter"
You'd think with Rawls being as great of a RB as he is who's turned into the Seahawks #1 would at least get a mention that he's out. He's just as significant as Charles, Foster, Williams, Lynch, if not more.

No big deal, just thought it was weird they didn't mention him, almost like they don't know who he is or how great he is.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Blitzer88":jopxd343 said:
According to reports, Marshawn was the one that declared he wasn't able to play. Seems a little odd to me, especially when Pete seemed so sure that he would play.

I believe that it is the near zero temperatures that determined whether Marshawn could play. I remember seeing him not even return to the Locker Room during half time during a very cold game. I think that his body shuts down in cold temperatures.

Rob12

Reaction score
Had a buddy, who is a Giants fan, just text me. He saw this thread. He's not a real big fan of our fan base, which probably means nothing to most here, but I see his point.

Why are so many turning on Marshawn? This is honestly pathetic. And hey, I know the mods could do without the word "pathetic" when talking about some of the members of our fan base, but that is what this is.

There's no conspiracy. Marshawn simply can't go. The man had his stomach opened up, what, six weeks ago? He's not healthy enough to play and knows it. He's not good with getting 15 carries in 0 degree temperatures following a major surgery. Is that a crime or something?