Update: Seahawks let Leon pick his destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This pretty much seals the fact that with Harvin coming in, Washington became expendable. He was no more than a third string back now, and we have the players to replace him on the roster for returns. I always loved seeing him back there returning kicks and punts for us. Always exciting and you knew he could break one at any time. I wish him nothing but the best moving forward with whatever he does and/or wherever he plays

NYCoug

Reaction score
Now I know what Adrian Peterson meant when he said he felt like he just got kicked in the stomach with Harvin's departure. Leon's always been one of my favorites, even since his FSU days and his days spent out in Jersey. Class act and an electrifying return man who still has a lot left in the tank in my opinion. It's going to be weird not seeing him back there hyping up the crowd as he waits for the kickoff. Real weird.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to the future with Harvin and Tate back there. Who knows, maybe they draft a guy like Shoelace and he ends up as our return guy/3rd RB. You never know.

Farewell Leon, and the best of luck to you always!

ErikG803

Reaction score
Damn, this made me genuinely sad. It's gonna be a tough few years watching some of these guys that we're falling in love with getting shown the door.

If we can't re-sign Tate next year I'm going to be inconsolable :177692:

Brahn

Reaction score
I am also guessing this means Percy passed his physical and has signed his contract. Leon will be on the roster till that point

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Good luck in your next gig Leon, except when you play against the Seahawks. You had a good run and your hard work, classy approach is appreciated.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Sad to hear, but it's understandable. Wish him the best and will miss his returns. Always fun to watch.

drdiags

Reaction score
Best of luck Leon. With Ginn only on a 1 yr deal, I wonder if the 9ers would bring in LW? That would be a tough pill to swallow having him break a couple on us. He helped setup a couple big wins this past season. His return against the Patriots, Redskins and Falcons gave great field position that lead or could have lead to wins. His Dolphins return should have been another one as well.

This affects the locker room and the RB meeting room. Next year expect to see MRob hitting the door as well. Maybe even this year? Pre-seaon cuts to 53 and NFL FA cuts/post-draft cuts are my least favorite part of the sport. I try to just cheer the laundry but exposure through media makes it tough to not get to relate to the players in a way the organization encourages.

I guess this is like cheering for your favorite gladiator back in the Roman ages. Don't get used to him being around. Sooner or later that head is going to be rolling around in the sand.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
My concern is him going to the 9'ers. They'll need a return man (Ginn is a FA); and I bet Harbaugh would love to get some insider information about our offense, player tendencies, etc.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Leon is a class act and ultimate team player. He single handedly kept us in a few games last year! Thanks for everything Leon, your efforts are appreciated! Best of luck in the future!

CANHawk

Reaction score
Why would MRob be going Doc? FB's often are productive well into their 30's. As long as he's still getting it done and kicking ass on special teams, I don't see a reason to let go of Mike. That and... y'know... Real Rob Report.

But... godspeed Leon Washington. He's been one of my favorite people on this generation of Seahawks. Super fun to watch too. But he earned his big contract before they moved the kickoffs up and unfortunately he isn't worth the money anymore. That San Diego game was a riot though. Had the priviledge of being there for that one.

Good luck. please go to the AFC so I don't have to ever hate you.

themunn

Reaction score
I would rather see him traded than cut (certainly he must still have trade value, his 29 yard return average ranked 2nd in the league), but he's been such a great servant to us over the past 3 years he deserves to be cut and allowed to sign on with whomever he wants.
The 49ers might want to pick him up, but hopefully he's the type of player that wouldn't sign with one of our divisional rivals.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Sad to seem him go, hope he knows the standing he has among the 12's, exemplary Hawk.
Best of luck elsewhere Leon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts