Update: Seahawks let Leon pick his destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiags

Reaction score
Here is a story about the veteran moxie that hit the door with Leon's departure

The story I liked best about Washington came in 2010 out of a game against Kansas City. Safety Earl Thomas had just returned a blocked punt for a touchdown and was gassed on the sideline.

Coaches needed a hasty replacement for Thomas on the kickoff coverage unit. Leon Washington ran onto the field, sprinted down and absolutely laid out the Chiefs’ returner.

I asked him about the play after the game. As it turns out, he wasn’t even on the depth chart for kickoff coverage. But there wasn’t time for any discussion, somebody had to get out there immediately.

Asked how he knew where to line up and what lane he needed to fill, Washington said that he attended all the special teams meetings — even for units that didn’t involve him — just in case the team might at some point need him.

You can replace a returner, even one as talented as Leon Washington. But losing a player with that kind of attitude, attention to detail and team spirit is a different story.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/03/1 ... rylink=cpy

Blitzer88

Reaction score
drdiags":5fhr7hzc said:
Here is a story about the veteran moxie that hit the door with Leon's departure

The story I liked best about Washington came in 2010 out of a game against Kansas City. Safety Earl Thomas had just returned a blocked punt for a touchdown and was gassed on the sideline.

Coaches needed a hasty replacement for Thomas on the kickoff coverage unit. Leon Washington ran onto the field, sprinted down and absolutely laid out the Chiefs’ returner.

I asked him about the play after the game. As it turns out, he wasn’t even on the depth chart for kickoff coverage. But there wasn’t time for any discussion, somebody had to get out there immediately.

Asked how he knew where to line up and what lane he needed to fill, Washington said that he attended all the special teams meetings — even for units that didn’t involve him — just in case the team might at some point need him.

You can replace a returner, even one as talented as Leon Washington. But losing a player with that kind of attitude, attention to detail and team spirit is a different story.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/03/1 ... rylink=cpy

That is a great story right there. Man I'm gonna miss Leon.

Wasteland2112

Reaction score
One word tweet from Leon...Negotiations!!!
He is in New England for a visit today.

Sorry, not sure how to post twitter links yet. :229031_confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts