Utah @ Washington

drrew

Reaction score
So it's probably all just a matter of perspective, but it seems that whenever there are multiple bad calls that greatly effect the outcome of a game, it's one team on the receiving end of those multiple bad calls. In this game, Washington had two questionable calls on touchdowns and the nonsense OPI at a very important time.

Are we more naive about the chances that some referees are crooked? Tim Donaghy reffed in the NBA for 13 years before he was caught. Does it make logical sense that he would be the only official on the take?

UW has screwed up enough themselves to lose this game, but the referee decisions are certainly helping to bury them.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This is so depressing. The refs weren't the sole reason the Huskies lost this game, but they were definitely a contributing factor.

Seafan

Reaction score
The turnovers killed them. This team is young, talented and hungry. Bright future.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
After Washington loses next week (The Huskies haven't won in the state of Arizona since '06, and they haven't won at ASU since '01) they'll need to win their last two games to get to a bowl game.

kearly

Reaction score
We harp on Bevell's playcalling but UW's playcalling tonight was twice as bad as Bevell's worst night. There were probably 10-12 conspicuously terrible playcalls in this game that even a layman could tell were bad decisions. I won't name them all but about half of them involved taking Browning off the field. If you watched the game, you know what I mean.

The officiating was also the worst I can ever recall as a Huskies fan. Two TDs called back on highly questionable calls plus about 5-6 other iffy backbreakers while Utah pretty much escaped from the incompetence unscathed. It made SB XL feel like a walk in the park.

The turnovers were also very frustrating but for about 80% of this game it felt like UW was going to win despite the officiating, playcalling gaffes, and turnovers.

By the end of the game the Huskies had basically rage-quit.

I'm just glad this game didn't matter more. I don't know if I'll ever see a more brutally frustrating UW game. Though I guess I should just forget about it and be excited that UW looked like the better team against a high ranked opponent.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kearly":15z46kh5 said:
We harp on Bevell's playcalling but UW's playcalling tonight was twice as bad as Bevell's worst night. There were probably 10-12 conspicuously terrible playcalls in this game that even a layman could tell were bad decisions. I won't name them all but about half of them involved taking Browning off the field. If you watched the game, you know what I mean.
Unfortunately for us Husky fans, Lindquist has another year of eligibility left so we'll continue to see the same BS next year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Browning is only a true freshman with a bum shoulder. They are trying to squeeze everything they can out of this lemon of an offense. By next year, Browning will be the man and won't be taken off the field.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I'm just here to see who thinks the game was rigged and handed over to the Utes on a silver platter. ;)

GO UTES!!!!

drrew

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":1hw6t4i8 said:
I'm just here to see who thinks the game was rigged and handed over to the Utes on a silver platter. ;)

GO UTES!!!!

The refs directly took away 8 points, unfortunately that's still a loss. The Huskies handed over the rest.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
drrew":5rin6pkz said:
JAGHAWK":5rin6pkz said:

GO UTES!!!!

The refs directly took away 8 points, unfortunately that's still a loss. The Huskies handed over the rest.

I get it, that's completely fair to say. If UW would've capitalized on Utah's several sloppy turnovers, that would've been their game.