UW AT OREGON STATE

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":3fwvq9oi said:
JSeahawks":3fwvq9oi said:
90-16 for the two Oregon teams. Ouch.

Saw this one coming for the Huskies though.

Blazers won tonight though..

Yea, I blame the Blazers for the Ducks down fall. Two of my teams having great seasons was awesome, but when my 3rd teams season started and they were playing great I knew it was too good to be true and that my sports luck would run out.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Smart Beaver fans bought cheap seats knowing it would be easy to upgrade after the break.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Lame. Should have tried for the all time rushing record. Only 29 yards off.

davidonmi

Reaction score
great. sark wins the apple cup, loses the bowl. Wins 8 games everyone talks about how there was progress. With our crap next year he wins 9.
We're stuck with him

kearly

Reaction score
This was what was running through my mind the entire game.

[youtube]MwxjYFqP35A[/youtube]

Danny O'Neil must feel really dumb right now.

davidonmi

Reaction score
kearly":mbb1ts0b said:
This was what was running through my mind the entire game.

[youtube]MwxjYFqP35A[/youtube]

Danny O'Neil must feel really dumb right now.
dude people like danny aren't swayed by one game. It's about the complete picture. One great game over an oregon state team that has clearly quit hasn't changed my opinion one bit on sark.
We're 7-4 and unranked for a reason

Throwdown

Reaction score
davidonmi":lbeu45vs said:
great. sark wins the apple cup, loses the bowl. Wins 8 games everyone talks about how there was progress. With our crap next year he wins 9.
We're stuck with him

So... You wanted to lose?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Throwdown":npnle7ux said:
davidonmi":npnle7ux said:
We're stuck with him

So... You wanted to lose?
u know, I really don't know. I wanted to win because it obviously helps recruiting and it's good for the kids. But I think it may have been in the best interest of the program to lose tonight

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not a Sark homer, but I think there is very clear evidence of UW improving every single season he's been here. This year the improvement statistically is enormous, quite frankly I am amazed UW is not 9-2 right now with the yardage and scoring differential they have.

Also, it looks really bad to call for a coach to be fired when he is leading the team to their best season in well over a decade. It just makes those people look incredibly unthankful and shortsighted.

UW's losses were to Oregon (#2 at the time), and then three road games vs. teams that will either play in the Pac-12 championship game or played in it last year. They also got hosed by the officials in two of those three games (UCLA, Stanford).

Washington isn't as good as the score indicated tonight, but they do have an elite combination of offense plus defense, they have been undermined by special teams and officiating at crucial times in big games on the road.

I like how Sark is game planning around Miles, pretty much acknowledging that Miles is a limited passer with his game plan. HOPEFULLY that means that he'll give Williams a real shot at the job next spring, or else I might join in on the Sark hate. I know Price is a tough act to follow, but watching Miles play QB makes me want to gouge my eyes out. He's UW's version of Christian Ponder, except with less talent.

Anyway, back on topic. I am all for replacing Sark with a clearly superior coach, someone like Nick Saban. But you're never getting a coach like that. If they fired Sark tomorrow, the best coach available might be Wilcox, his DC. But then you didn't really upgrade the coaching staff, did you? You just jettisoned an excellent offensive mind who's had terrific results growing the offense here. I think a lot of the Sark commentary is really just bitching by whiny fans who aren't being reasonable and looking at full context of his tenure.

Now with that being said, I think UW gets 7 wins tops next season if we have Miles at QB, and if firing Sark means no more Miles, it would certainly take some of the sting out of it.

davidonmi

Reaction score
kearly":2wu7ahpk said:
I'm not a Sark homer, but I think there is very clear evidence of UW improving every single season he's been here. This year the improvement statistically is enormous, quite frankly I am amazed UW is not 9-2 right now with the yardage and scoring differential they have.

Also, it looks really bad to call for a coach to be fired when he is leading the team to their best season in well over a decade. It just makes those people look incredibly unthankful and shortsighted.

UW's losses were to Oregon (#2 at the time), and then three road games vs. teams that will either play in the Pac-12 championship game or played in it last year. They also got hosed by the officials in two of those three games (UCLA, Stanford).

Washington isn't as good as the score indicated tonight, but they do have an elite combination of offense plus defense, they have been undermined by special teams and officiating in at crucial times in big games on the road.

I like how Sark is game planning around Miles, pretty much acknowledging that Miles is a limited passer with his game plan. HOPEFULLY that means that he'll give Williams a real shot at the job next spring, or else I might join in on the Sark hate. I know Price is a tough act to follow, but watching Miles play QB makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
and I think that's exactly the problem. Lack of discipline and poor special teams have plagued this team both I which I feel are on the coach.
There has been improvement every year he's been here but the fact that isn't being reflected in the W/L column is very concerning.
The thing that concerns me most in not his 8-19 road record, but his 3-25 record when trailing at halftime, which means his teams don't respond well to adversity.
As for being ungreatful I understand that this is our best season in a decade but I just think we could do better. Whether we come out with sark next year or we don't I'll still support my dawgs and hope this is finally our year.

kearly

Reaction score
You know, Pete Carroll sometimes punts from the opponent 30 yard line in a close game, despite having basically the most accurate kicker in the NFL. I really hate that. We should fire the bum.

No coach is perfect, but if you fire a good coach for not being perfect then you deserve what you get. Unfortunately, the rest of us would have to suffer with you.

Also, special teams and penalties have not been a long term problem. Feels like an outlier this season, most likely.

The halftime stat screams for context. How does that number stack up against other coaches? How many of those games was UW favored to lose by multiple scores before kickoff? etc.