Vax Check

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Went to the game today and got to say I was very disappointed with the vaccine card check. This isn’t a discussion about the vaccine. I waited in line and the guy who was checking vaccine cards barely even looked at the picture on my phone, definitely didn’t cross check it with my ID. I don’t even think he looked. The guy in front of me showed him his tickets on his phone and he waived him in. I could have showed him a picture of a football on my phone and he would have let me in.

If you want to check vaccination status, then actually do it. So either actually do it, or do away with it.

balakoth

Reaction score
I'm not sure why they were letting in even Vaxxed card people without a 72 hour negative COVID test. That defeats the logic of it all.

Hope you all came out ok...

Spohawks

Reaction score
Watching the game, most people were not wearing a mask. Lol clearly masks are not "Required".

Washington49er

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1tvmf9on said:
Went to the game today and got to say I was very disappointed with the vaccine card check. This isn’t a discussion about the vaccine. I waited in line and the guy who was checking vaccine cards barely even looked at the picture on my phone, definitely didn’t cross check it with my ID. I don’t even think he looked. The guy in front of me showed him his tickets on his phone and he waived him in. I could have showed him a picture of a football on my phone and he would have let me in.

If you want to check vaccination status, then actually do it. So either actually do it, or do away with it.

Need a tissue?

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Washington49er":1wjfmm7q said:
Hawk-Lock":1wjfmm7q said:

Need a tissue?

What kind of response is this?

Like I said, I don’t care what protocol they take. They can choose to check the card or not, but don’t say you are, and then don’t even check. As a business, they should enforce the rules they make.

IMO this felt like the Hawks wanted to be PC by saying they would be very safe and then didn’t care to follow through.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":1xivhsnn said:
Hawk-Lock":1xivhsnn said:

Need a tissue?

Wow. Great contribution as usual

cymatica

Reaction score
balakoth":2yi9l3s3 said:
I'm not sure why they were letting in even Vaxxed card people without a 72 hour negative COVID test. That defeats the logic of it all.

Hope you all came out ok...

Logic went out the door in 2020.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2lwvr1ya said:
Washington49er":2lwvr1ya said:
Hawk-Lock":2lwvr1ya said:

Need a tissue?

Like I said, I don’t care what protocol they take. They can choose to check the card or not, but don’t say you are, and then don’t even check. As a business, they should enforce the rules they make.

IMO this felt like the Hawks wanted to be PC by saying they would be very safe and then didn’t care to follow through.

It was never about safety.

Spohawks

Reaction score
The longer the people are in the vax check lines, the less hotdogs are sold. The NFL is not in this to check vax cards, they are in it for profit.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":14jrzbya said:
Washington49er":14jrzbya said:
Hawk-Lock":14jrzbya said:

Need a tissue?

With all the shit going on inthe world since last year this is what you chose to complain about? You are at a game, last year you couldn't even go. You're as bad as the idiots after 911 complaning because they have to wait in longer lines.

Edit: by staff for language.

Come on 9er, keep it clean on the main page.
Pmedic920

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
What exactly do you expect the ticket checker to do?? They are not going to call someone out even if they think someone has a fake vax card. They are not equipped to make that kind of judgment... the whole thing is intrusive as hell anyway IMO. Someone’s personal medical history is not a businesses right to have.

If they are going to do the whole pony show I applaud them for at least not going full draconian and half assing it.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Washington49er":11hv6a5o said:
Hawk-Lock":11hv6a5o said:
Washington49er":11hv6a5o said:
Hawk-Lock":11hv6a5o said:

Need a tissue?

With all the $h!t going on inthe world since last year this is what you chose to complain about? You are at a game, last year you couldn't even go. You're as bad as the idiots after 911 complaning because they have to wait in longer lines.

You want a cookie?

Washington49er

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2s5o6ost said:
Washington49er":2s5o6ost said:
Hawk-Lock":2s5o6ost said:
Washington49er":2s5o6ost said:
Need a tissue?

With all the $h!t going on inthe world since last year this is what you chose to complain about? You are at a phucking game, last year you couldn't even go. You're as bad as the idiots after 911 complaning because they have to wait in longer lines.

You want a cookie?

Only if you got milk

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I was also at the game, at first my wife was about to cry when she realized she forgot to bring her vax card and was fearing we'd have to go home but thankfully she found her record somewhere online. Then we get to the gates and like mentioned, both of us flashed our vax cards (her via phone, me physical card) and the dude looked at each for half a second and waived us through. I could have googled a vax card image and shown that. I am not anti-vax obviously, but the ridiculous check (or lack there of) was a complete joke. The bar I went to the night before did a better job checking card vs ID.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Spohawks":3jp61l98 said:
Watching the game, most people were not wearing a mask. Lol clearly masks are not "Required".

Like most public places you are allowed to take off your mask if your "actively drinking or eating". That being said people walked around saying "I am actively drinking" holding a beer and they remained maskless all over. It is what it is. Those who care about the idea of potentially being asymptomatic (and/or believe in masks and trust the doctors and etc) will wear masks (this is my camp), and those who don't care and/or don't believe in the doctors/scientists/virus, will do what they do (as an American this is your right). This is the new norm.

Washington49er

Reaction score
ZagHawk":q1xl0ayg said:
Spohawks":q1xl0ayg said:

Like most public places you are allowed to take off your mask if your "actively drinking or eating". That being said people walked around saying "I am actively drinking" holding a beer and they remained maskless all over. It is what it is. Those who care about the idea of potentially being asymptomatic (and/or believe in masks and trust the doctors and etc) will wear masks (this is my camp), and those who don't care and/or don't believe in the doctors/scientists/virus, will do what they do (as an American this is your right). This is the new norm.

Not trying to start a debate, just pointing out the hypocrisy. Most of the stadiums for 2 weeks have been at capacity, and I know most are supposed to be vaxed but we all know that isn't the case. Why is it no one is concerned this will be a "super spreader event"?

mikeak

Reaction score
1) I used the Clear app which has facial recognition to get to your loaded information. That worked like a charm and was quick, but should be

2) For those not understanding why a negative test when being vaccinated isn't a requirement - you don't get it. You probably never will. If everyone was vaccinated then despite breakthroughs we would have a relatively normal society with minimal spread. The people now vaccinated gets to live life normally despite having an increased risk of getting sick thanks to those that don't get it

3) Buffalo acknowledged this past week that enforcing masks don't work. So they made it simpler. Everyone has to be vaccinated. End of story. Then no masks. They are doing 1 shot required first then 3 weeks later (or something like it) 2nd shot required. I like it. Gets rid of policing in the stadium

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":8tybvntf said:
ZagHawk":8tybvntf said:
Spohawks":8tybvntf said:

Not trying to start a debate, just pointing out the hypocrisy. Most of the stadiums for 2 weeks have been at capacity, and I know most are supposed to be vaxed but we all know that isn't the case. Why is it no one is concerned this will be a "super spreader event"?

As a vaxxed person outside of my kids who can’t get vaxxed but thankfully for kids it seems no worse than other stuff. It seems like the unvaccinated adults are The ones who are dying. I’m less concerned (for the ones who are voluntarily
Taking this route). I am concerned about the people who can’t get hospitals beds though for other issues.

Mix

Reaction score
The Vaxx check was prime example of going through the motions, as would be expected as the verification process if done properly would have had to of started last week. People wore mask while walking around before the game. During the game first quarter many people still had masks on. By 3rd few had masks on. After the game while walking around most had masks on but more had them off than to start the game. this has been your Seahawks Lumen field Week 2 mask vaxx check update.

Latest posts