Vegas wants the Falcons to beat the Seahawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The ML percentage isn't very surprising. The underdog will always have more action on ML bets than the favorite because you get greater value. You'd need a volume of the wagers placed to really get a gauge on this. Alabama-Clemson had a huge amount of money on both Clemson ATS and ML, so Vegas got killed. Not the case with this game because the spread bets are damn well near 50/50. That ensures they make money no matter what happens.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
mikeak":3fco7cup said:
dopeboy206":3fco7cup said:
I know this is a controversial topic and I will probably get crucified for this because most people don't buy into Vegas favoring one team over the other but let's look at the betting lines:

The people that think that Vegas only makes money on the juice don't understand how it works (you do :) )

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 48b98b593e

Again.. the Alabama/Clemson game is nothing like Seattle/Atlanta. According to many figures, the first $10,000 wagered on Clemson/Bama was almost entirely on Clemson.

The bets on the spread for ATL/SEA are even. Who knows how many actual plays are on the Seahawks ML and who knows how many heavy plays are on the Seahawks to win outright. Like Hawk Lock said, the percentage breakdown is misleading because they're reporting from offshore bets.

If its a 50/50 split on the ATS betting - Vegas will make money no matter what the outcome.

Largent80":3fco7cup said:
An NFL team should NEVER be allowed to call Vegas home.

I don't know what this has to do with the wagers on the Seahawks and Falcons, but ok?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1cxfl52b said:

I think this is an antiquated opinion now.

Yes in the old days when the mob ran Vegas and pro athletes weren't making millions of dollars a year, it would have been far too easy for the seedy side of Vegas to corrupt, bribe and strong arm athletes for the benefits of gambling.

But it's 2017, Vegas is a huge city that's now as heavily regulated as it gets, and athletes have no reason to risk their careers over getting involved in gambling. Too much would be at stake, and too many people are watching.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3c6rn544 said:
Largent80":3c6rn544 said:

Yes in the old days when the mob ran Vegas and pro athletes weren't making millions of dollars a year, it would have been far too easy for the seedy side of Vegas to corrupt, bribe and strong arm athletes for the benefits of gambling.

But it's 2017, Vegas is a huge city that's now as heavily regulated as it gets, and athletes have no reason to risk their careers over getting involved in gambling. Too much would be at stake, and too many people are watching.

Not to mention, the huge majority of gambled money (on sports anyway) isn't done in Vegas.

mikeak

Reaction score
Largent80":3q0q5my9 said:

I love when NFL people have this opinion but then pushes for games to be played in London. If there is a place they gamble on everything it is Europe......

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24hf3zs1 said:
Largent80":24hf3zs1 said:

Bullshit. Everyone sees referees make plays that throw games game by game.

Vegas needs to be ousted from any sports team.

It's like saying you don't think America is beyond corruption. Take a look at elections. Corruption is everywhere in America.