Vernon Adams says he should be 2nd qb taken

Basis4day

Reaction score
two dog":pk6pzdwc said:
Aside from the hand size, these posts sound a lot like the assesment of the chances of
one Russell Wilson. RW probably could have won in Canada too.

I think Adams would, over time, prove to be an important get for Seattle.

Personally, the only thing i think RW has in common with Adams is height.
They are completely different players and definitely not clones as many posters have suggested.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3nuqdmvu said:
I think he'll be drafted, but if he falls out of the draft and has a choice where to go then I think he'll be a Seahawk (unless the team has shown zero interest). He already has ties to Russ and the fit seems pretty tight here.

The only thing that article mentions about Adams' connection to Wilson is that he attended the Russell Wilson Passing Academy.

RW attended the Manning Passing Academy, but would anyone really say they're connected?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Basis4day":2kgj1w02 said:
Trenchbroom":2kgj1w02 said:
I think he'll be drafted, but if he falls out of the draft and has a choice where to go then I think he'll be a Seahawk (unless the team has shown zero interest). He already has ties to Russ and the fit seems pretty tight here.

The only thing that article mentions about Adams' connection to Wilson is that he attended the Russell Wilson Passing Academy.

RW attended the Manning Passing Academy, but would anyone really say they're connected?

RW and Peyton will forever be connected as winning and losing quarterbacks of superbowl 48

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Im willing to bet Russell Wilson thought he should have been the #2 QB taken in his draft perhaps only behind Luck. He was 6th of 11 QBs drafted in what would be a very strong class had RG3 not flamed out and if Kelly's system didnt ruin Foles much like Martz did to Bulger.

However, Adams is not the same athlete, nor as proven as durable as Wilson. Wilson and Tannehill are the only QBs to start every game over the past 4 seasons. I feel what makes Wilson more remarkable is the type of defenses Wilson has faced in comparison as well as 10 post-season starts.

Adams is a good player though. He was successful at EWU and very good in the Pac-12. I think he would he flourish as a backup, getting his body right, and soak up Wilson like a sponge. But I wouldnt want him until the 5th-7th rounds.

The only QB id want before the 5th that would be obtainable is Dak Prescott. However, id take a flyer on Cardele Jones, Kevin Hogan, or VernonAdams in the 5-7 rounds.