Vernon Davis traded...

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So, what's the over/under on number of days it takes Vernon to make a comment along the lines of finally playing with a real QB?

rideaducati

Reaction score
SeatownJay":39rlahpz said:
So, what's the over/under on number of days it takes Vernon to make a comment along the lines of finally playing with a real QB?

Zero. I'm sure he has already said it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
This is a great deal for Denver. VD was done in Santa Clara and had quit on the team and coaching staff. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a career resurgence from him.

You also have to wonder if the light comes on for him due in part to a contract year. If he can flip the switch in Denver it will open up tons of interest because he will be viewed as held back by Kaep and not just declining skills.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I agree...those Manning dump passes to Davis are going to be tough to stop. Denver looks to be right up there with NE now. The running game still is suspect though

Jville

Reaction score
"We just thought with the opportunity to add Vernon," Elway said Monday, "to be able to add him to our roster as a weapon on the offensive side was an opportunity that we couldn't pass up.

"I have always liked Vernon ... I think two years ago he had 13 touchdown passes. He's a guy that can really stretch the field, has tremendous speed and athletic ability. He's one of those guys as a tight end that really catches your eye all the time.............

.............. Still just 31 years old, Davis has moved as well as ever in open space this season. Per Next Gen Stats, his 21.91 mph and 20.90 are the first- and third-fastest speeds by a tight end in 2015.

Peyton Manning has brought out the best in tight ends such as Marcus Pollard, Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme and Julius Thomas through his career. He's also coming off his best passing performance in a calendar year.

The timing couldn't be more ripe for Davis' addition after the Broncos rushed for a season-high 160 yards and held the Packers without a sack in Week 8."
Vernon Davis set up for success with Denver Broncos >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572041/article/vernon-davis-set-up-for-success-with-denver-broncos[/urltargetblank]

drdiags

Reaction score
It is going to take a while for him to get fully immersed into the Broncos offense, though their coaches are probably better adept at getting a TE involved in their offense. I didn't check but I am guessing the Broncos have had their bye week already so that is a bummer as far as giving him more time to catch up on the offense.

I think it will be a good fit.