Very good article about Tate's departure, FA stuff, and othe

scutterhawk

Reaction score
razor150":2j7fbjwn said:
No matter what you think of Tate, it is pure insanity to pay him 6 mill a year when we are paying Harvin big dollars. On our team there is no value there, he isn't worth 6 mill to us, and opens the possibility of losing players we do need. Most of all we need a #1 reciever and that is someting both Tate and Harvin are not, and Tate isn't even close to Harvin when it comes to big plays. The day we traded for Harvin was the day Tate lost his spot on the team.
It's also "Pure Insanity" to suggest that I, and a few others here, were advocating that he'd be paid that kind of money.
But it's equally Insane to state that he has no value, because that's bogus reasoning.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It would be stupid to suggest he has no value. And I haven't seen one person say it

scutterhawk

Reaction score
razor150":bxza68yo said:
On our team there is no value there, he isn't worth 6 mill to us. Most of all we need a #1 reciever and that is someting both Tate and Harvin are not.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1jhkxkxu said:
razor150":1jhkxkxu said:
On our team there is no value there, he isn't worth 6 mill to us. Most of all we need a #1 reciever and that is someting both Tate and Harvin are not.
I took that from a fit for what we want to do offensively not that Tate is valueless or some scrub.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3inivtjy said:
scutterhawk":3inivtjy said:
razor150":3inivtjy said:
I took that from a fit for what we want to do offensively not that Tate is valueless or some scrub.

She gets it

scutterhawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1ck0ok5p said:
MizzouHawkGal":1ck0ok5p said:
scutterhawk":1ck0ok5p said:
razor150":1ck0ok5p said:

She gets it
LOLOL, if that's what you want to believe, ok. :th2thumbs:
IF you believe that, you have to ask yourself why is Harvin being paid#1 Receiver money.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2dxk7xpe said:
-The Glove-":2dxk7xpe said:
MizzouHawkGal":2dxk7xpe said:
scutterhawk":2dxk7xpe said:
razor150 said:

She gets it
LOLOL, if that's what you want to believe, ok. :th2thumbs:
IF you believe that, you have to ask yourself why is Harvin being paid#1 Receiver money.

I don't know...because he's an elite, game changing athlete? Just a guess

scutterhawk

Reaction score
"I don't know...because he's an elite, game changing athlete? Just a guess"

I don't know... because running the ball back for a TD in the SB didn't make him the "Game Changer" of that game?
I DO want to believe that Percy Harvin is 100% healthy, and back to kicking ass and taking names, because if he has a setback of any kind, we will need to have someone pick up where Tate left off...Maybe he wasn't worth the 6 Mil., but he still had the 'intangibles' value, and has stayed pretty damned healthy while he was here.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Not to start a ruckus, with all the people who agree with that article. But I just read it and thought it was pretty stupid.

"There are more than a few Dozen Golden Tates."

That has got to be the most idiotic statement I have ever heard... whole article continues that point which is just flat out wrong to begin with...

Few dozen??? Really why doesn't he name some of them... oh yeah because there aren't any players exactly like Tate.

There might be guys as fast as Tate. There might be guys who can punt return like Tate. There might be guys who can block like Tate. There might be guys who take and deliver huge hits without injury. There might be guys who can make incredible athletic catches and can keep their feet in no matter where the ball is placed.

But there really is very few guys with the footwork and balance like Tate and his ability to make guys miss which I believe he led the league last season?

And there is NOBODY that I know of who can do everything Tate does just as well or better...

Closest comparison to Tate's overall skill set that I've got is fricken Percy Harvin who IS one of a kind. Main difference is just the speed and acceleration but Tate's still very quick.

All the people who are saying "Oh who cares we lost Tate", or those who even go out of their way to write such a stupid article will be hiding in shame for saying such silly things when Percy gets injured and we don't have Tate anymore. It's a very real possibility and a very bad scenario for the Seahawks.

razor150

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2cww5nhi said:
razor150":2cww5nhi said:
No matter what you think of Tate, it is pure insanity to pay him 6 mill a year when we are paying Harvin big dollars. On our team there is no value there, he isn't worth 6 mill to us, and opens the possibility of losing players we do need. Most of all we need a #1 reciever and that is someting both Tate and Harvin are not, and Tate isn't even close to Harvin when it comes to big plays. The day we traded for Harvin was the day Tate lost his spot on the team.
It's also "Pure Insanity" to suggest that I, and a few others here, were advocating that he'd be paid that kind of money.
But it's equally Insane to state that he has no value, because that's bogus reasoning.

I didn't mean to imply he has no value but to us he isn't worth what Detroit gave him. You can't invest that much money on a collection of #2 receivers it is irresponsible.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tokadub":1qx9bixx said:
Not to start a ruckus, with all the people who agree with that article. But I just read it and thought it was pretty stupid.

"There are more than a few Dozen Golden Tates."

That has got to be the most idiotic statement I have ever heard... whole article continues that point which is just flat out wrong to begin with...

Few dozen??? Really why doesn't he name some of them... oh yeah because there aren't any players exactly like Tate.

There might be guys as fast as Tate. There might be guys who can punt return like Tate. There might be guys who can block like Tate. There might be guys who take and deliver huge hits without injury. There might be guys who can make incredible athletic catches and can keep their feet in no matter where the ball is placed.

But there really is very few guys with the footwork and balance like Tate and his ability to make guys miss which I believe he led the league last season?

And there is NOBODY that I know of who can do everything Tate does just as well or better...

Closest comparison to Tate's overall skill set that I've got is fricken Percy Harvin who IS one of a kind. Main difference is just the speed and acceleration but Tate's still very quick.

All the people who are saying "Oh who cares we lost Tate", or those who even go out of their way to write such a stupid article will be hiding in shame for saying such silly things when Percy gets injured and we don't have Tate anymore. It's a very real possibility and a very bad scenario for the Seahawks.
As someone astutely pointed out already the minute Percy was signed Tate was boned. End of story.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2kteph0l said:

I don't know... because running the ball back for a TD in the SB didn't make him the "Game Changer" of that game?
I DO want to believe that Percy Harvin is 100% healthy, and back to kicking ass and taking names, because if he has a setback of any kind, we will need to have someone pick up where Tate left off...Maybe he wasn't worth the 6 Mil., but he still had the 'intangibles' value, and has stayed pretty damned healthy while he was here.
wow

scutterhawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1tf5xw8r said:
scutterhawk":1tf5xw8r said:

wow
wow indeed.