via con dios, Sherman, the writings on the wall

Kakaww

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3fvbv53a said:
Kakaww":3fvbv53a said:
WilsonMVP":3fvbv53a said:
Kakaww":3fvbv53a said:
Walter Jones, Cortez Kennedy, Kenny Easley

Those are the only guys in Seahawks history to be selected first team all pro more than Sherm and Earl. Elite players don't fall off trees which is why all three of these guys played their entire careers with Seattle. The only other player with two is Steve Hutchinson who, via "poison pill," took flight against the will of the team. Recall the fallout and effect that had on our team?

I would say that the foundation of this team is Russell, Sherman, Earl and Okung. Everyone else is replaceable in my opinion, so long as that core remains intact. Ofcourse, everyone won't need to be replaced, but I would much rather we have to find another Tate and Bennett through the draft or free agency than let potential HOF'ers walk. Oversimplification perhaps, but you get the idea.

I disagree. I think the foundation of the team needs to be

Offense
1. Wilson
2. Harvin

Defense
1. Thomas
2. Kam
3. Sherman

These 5 players are ALL Elite players and the top or around the top of their positions IMO.

Im not sold on Okung. He is injury prone. He has missed like 20 something games in his 4 year career right? I def want to keep him and I think we will be able to pretty easily. He is making over 8million I believe so any restructure will prob be that or less.

To be fair, Harvin missed nearly this whole season. The team had a Super Bowl winning season in spite of that absence. Our deepest struggles this year was when our line was decimated, thus me choosing Okung. That said, I'm not completely sold on him either, but he can be built around.

I dont think Okung is ELITE though. Percy obv is when hes healthy. Outside of his injury last year into all of this year Harvin has been healthy. I wouldnt label him injury prone although some on here would. Okung has missed a few games almost every season I believe.

I think alot of people on here are going to be shocked at how explosive our offense is next year with a healthy Harvin. There is just so much you can do with him on the field and he opens everything up.

Just got chills thinking about it :)