Vikings got Sheldon

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1doq1u77 said:
11m for Sheldon? What a risk that would be. Doesn’t seem worth that amount of cash to me.

He wants $15 Mil

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
toffee":3qqv33hy said:
Hoping Vikings will take Sheldon, then we sign Suh.

If $11 million is all we can do, we're probably not going to be signing Suh, either.

So yeah, Naz Jones, I hope you're up to the task of being the starter.

Chapow

Reaction score
DJrmb":rhsq2bsc said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/974333241028100097[/tweet]

That sucks because I'd like to see Sheldon back, but that's way too much and I really hope the Seahawks don't do that (I don't think they will).

mistaowen

Reaction score
If that report is true, he's looking for Fletcher Cox $$$ and is not Fletcher Cox. Give Suh that type of money and get a 3rd round comp for his 1 year of service.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
15 lmao, hard pass.

Give me suh at 15 before Sheldon anytime. Ideally Suh cheaper than 15 but no way I'm paying the same for Sheldon that I am Suh

kidhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":16wxwt3c said:

If he wants that kind of money, I wish him the best. We don't need to spend that type of cash on a Defensive Tackle. Time to start thinking outside the box on this one, because if Richardson wants $15 million, so does Suh and I wouldn't pay it for either of them.

RCATES

Reaction score
Chapow":318e8889 said:
DJrmb":318e8889 said:

That sucks because I'd like to see Sheldon back, but that's way too much and I really hope the Seahawks don't do that (I don't think they will).

I'd feel uncomfortable paying him the 11 based off what he provided last year. That was a contract year as well. He had a reputation for taking plays off in NY. 15 is straight up moronic.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":384ka7ue said:
toffee":384ka7ue said:
Hoping Vikings will take Sheldon, then we sign Suh.

If $11 million is all we can do, we're probably not going to be signing Suh, either.

So yeah, Naz Jones, I hope you're up to the task of being the starter.

11 is all we can do for THAT player, and rightfully so. He is 1 strike away from suspension, and showed he will vacate his gap for huge gaines at times. Suh is a way better run stopped, pass rusher and far superior numbers. They will pay him more obviously.

I find it funny people think Suh is the one with character issues.

Jets DL Sheldon Richardson leads police on 143 MPH chase with 12-year-old in car; suspended 3 fewer games than Tom Brady

King Dog

Reaction score
It kind of makes me sick that GB got Wilkerson for 5M or whatever. What a smoking deal.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
mistaowen":3blfkbss said:
If that report is true, he's looking for Fletcher Cox $$$ and is not Fletcher Cox. Give Suh that type of money and get a 3rd round comp for his 1 year of service.

Suh will find more money somewhere else.

That 3rd round comp pick (and it could be a 4th rounder given the constant rise in contracts) won't be much consolation for losing Sheldon, McDowell, AND Bennett, along with the possibility of Suh.

DJrmb

Reaction score
kidhawk":3iepd7s7 said:
DJrmb":3iepd7s7 said:

If he wants that kind of money, I wish him the best. We don't need to spend that type of cash on a Defensive Tackle. Time to start thinking outside the box on this one, because if Richardson wants $15 million, so does Suh and I wouldn't pay it for either of them.
One thing to keep in mind is that "15m per year" doesn't really mean 15m per year necessarily in the NFL. They could sign him to a 15m per year contract that only pays him 11m over the first 2-3 years and have it back loaded with the ability to get out of it without too much dead money. If it's structured like that then I'd be fine with 15m APY.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
DJrmb":120sqhx8 said:
kidhawk":120sqhx8 said:
DJrmb":120sqhx8 said:

One thing to keep in mind is that "15m per year" doesn't really mean 15m per year necessarily in the NFL. They could sign him to a 15m per year contract that only pays him 11m over the first 2-3 years and have it back loaded with the ability to get out of it without too much dead money. If it's structured like that then I'd be fine with 15m APY.

yeah pretty sure Sheldon isn't looking to get a backloaded contract where he isn't paid.

DJrmb

Reaction score
flmmkrz":14xma0bx said:
DJrmb":14xma0bx said:
kidhawk":14xma0bx said:
DJrmb":14xma0bx said:

yeah pretty sure Sheldon isn't looking to get a backloaded contract where he isn't paid.
I'm sure he won't prefer that but it happens all the time in the NFL. Kam, Sherman, and Earl were all back-loaded contracts when Seattle extended them originally. Sometimes the players get hung up on how big the APY looks and overlook the structure... It's not really that uncommon if you look.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Take care Sheldon, go get that $. No way can the Hawks afford to pay that. And 11 is a really good offer.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":28ejcz1x said:
flmmkrz":28ejcz1x said:
DJrmb":28ejcz1x said:
kidhawk":28ejcz1x said:

I'm sure he won't prefer that but it happens all the time in the NFL. Kam, Sherman, and Earl were all back-loaded contracts when Seattle extended them originally. Sometimes the players get hung up on how big the APY looks and overlook the structure... It's not really that uncommon if you look.

Players coming off their rookie deals are more likely to take back loaded contracts because they are still young and can see themselves playing out that contract. Once you start staring 30 in the face, players want more guaranteed money. If Richardson wants $15 million, he's going to want a good chunk up front. I don't see it happening. Of course, what he wants, and what teams will offer him may be two very different things, only time will tell.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If Richardson is firm @ wanting $15 mil he won't likely be signed in Seattle. Any deal here would need to be back end loaded.
which I suppose is possible but not likely. I'd let him sign elsewhere if that is what he is firm at wanting. Guaranteed money will win the daay.

As you say though time will tell.

Bring on Suh!

OP
OP
Str8OuttaSkittles

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
3.5 sacks = 15 mill ? damn even 11 mill is too high .. we gotta grab suh does 10x more imo

mistaowen

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1q76lcad said:
mistaowen":1q76lcad said:

Suh will find more money somewhere else.

That 3rd round comp pick (and it could be a 4th rounder given the constant rise in contracts) won't be much consolation for losing Sheldon, McDowell, AND Bennett, along with the possibility of Suh.

True, my thought on not paying SR is assuming Suh is in the same ballpark and realistic. I would feel more comfortable giving Suh a bit more given he's still playing at a ridiculous level without ever having much of a supporting cast. If he still wants to get around $20 mil for whoever offers then not much anyone can do. Early indications sound like it was a positive conversation with Pete and defensive players, I'm sure he's gonna mull over all possible destinations. He solidifies the middle for a few seasons so is worth the commitment IMO.