Washington v. Alabama

chris98251

Reaction score
Huskies have weeks to prepare, Peterson has a knack of dissecting teams supposedly better then his, he can pull out the stops and do some stuff that Saban has to adjust for and then counter again with this amount of time.

Yes it could be a blow out, or it could be one of those games that people look at and go what the hell happened at the end of the day as the Dawgs go home with the win.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Som interesting facts.

Washington and Alabama have met a total of four times. Alabama has won all four games. The last meeting was the 1986 Sun Bowl, where the Crimson Tide won 26-6.

Alabama coach Nick Saban got his start in coaching under Husky legend Don James at Kent State University. Nick is on record as saying that if it wasn't for Don then he would've never considered a career in coaching.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
cover-2":3vyxed00 said:
JSeahawks":3vyxed00 said:
cover-2":3vyxed00 said:
Whoaaaaa......this is going to be a great game. Alabama is a great matchup for Washington.

Washington has big athletic d-lineman that can shut down Alabama's run game. Washington d-line consists of (DE) Elijah Qualls 6-1 321 lbs, (DT) Greg Gaines 6-2 318 lbs, (DT) Vita Vea 6-5 332 lbs, and the freshman stud (DE) Benning Potoa'e 6-3 270 lbs. Be creative with an occasional blitz, looking at you Budda Baker, and watch the best secondary in college football get their interceptions.

On offense, neutralize Bama's pass rushers by just throwing quick hitting passes to our exceptionally quick WR's John Ross and Chico McClatcher.

I can easily see Washington winning this game. :2thumbs:

Has anybody ever shut down Alabama's running game? Washington allows double the amount of rushing yards per game as Alabama does. Washington couldnt shut down Utahs running game, or USC's, or Arizona's, or even Oregon's, what makes you think they're going to stop Alabama's? Especially without Azeem Victor who is by far their best run stuffing linebacker.

Alabama has an elite run stopping defense, I'm not saying Washington's run defense is on par with Bama's. Washington's run defense is no slouch, they have the 17th ranked run defense in the nation. Washington has the personal, if they commit to stop the run, to shut down Bama's run game. Washington can accomplish it by playing a four man front on the d-line, using their big athletic lineman, and put an eighth player down in the box.

Make Bama's freshman QB try to beat you with his arm. Jalen Hurts is talented but he hasn't seen a secondary as talented as the Washington's. The last top notch secondary Hurts played against was LSU, in that game he passed for 107 yards with a bad QB rating of 89.41.
Love this guy,He says the same things I have and more..GO DAWGS!!! "Next year is now"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Alabama is heavily favored with good reason, they are THAT good.

.....but give Coach Pete a month to prepare and we'll see what happens.
Is there a good chance the Dawgs get blown out, yes, probably, but there is a reason games are not played on paper.

Can the UW beat Alabama? Odds might be slim but I'd say it's possible.

All I know is I'd rather be in the UW's shoes with a "chance" to win a national title as slim of odds that it may be, than Oregon's who will be playing in the Lazy Boy "sit on your ass at home" Bowl. 8)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":7mxynl6e said:

Is there a good chance the Dawgs get blown out, yes, probably, but there is a reason games are not played on paper.

All I know is I'd rather be in the UW's shoes with a "chance" to win a national title as slim of odds that it may be, than Oregon's who will be playing in the Lazy Boy "sit on your ass at home" Bowl. 8)

(checked the list and cant find the Lazy Boy "sit on your ass at home" Bowl game. Still looking. ) :twisted: :stirthepot:

sc85sis

Reaction score
Good luck to the Huskies. If they can beat Bama they will have earned that shot in the championship.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":iox9morg said:
Sports Hernia":iox9morg said:

(checked the list and cant find the Lazy Boy "sit on your ass at home" Bowl game. Still looking. ) :twisted: :stirthepot:

You guys are hilarious. I believe they call it the Kibbles n Bits bowl since its named in honor of the Huskies and where they're usually at this time of year in recent history.

davidonmi

Reaction score
no one is beating bama. maybe tOSU if barrett ever learns how to pass.

this is not a "slaughter" tho, Husky defense will cause enough problems to hold it at 24-10 or something. UW forces a defensive TD or scores on ST's they have a chance.

Trickery will need to play a part as well

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Alabama beat a USC team that throughly dominated them on their home field by 49. I know USC is a different team now, but the talent gap is insane.

Chris Petersen has pulled a miracle off before in the BCS, this would be otherworldly.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2gkdfljw said:
Hasselbeck":2gkdfljw said:
Alabama beat a USC team that throughly dominated them on their home field by 49. I know USC is a different team now, but the talent gap is insane.

Chris Petersen has pulled a miracle off before in the BCS, this would be otherworldly.

On a personal level, I don't believe the Huskies have a chance.

However, 2016 has been one of those years where the narrative gets broken off and shoved up everyone's asses.

The Cleveland Cavaliers won an NBA title over a team that broke the Chicago Bulls wins in a season record.

THEN the Chicago freaking Cubs won a World Series over the Cleveland Indians in extra innings.... and THEN a real life walking talking orange oompa loompa with tiny hands became president over the overwhelming favorite, and suddenly a Simpsons cartoon became real life.

If that doesn't tell you that ANYTHING can happen in 2016, well, I don't know what does.

Game doesnt happen til 2017. :)

davidonmi

Reaction score
JSeahawks":4m5xymjs said:
The_Z_Man":4m5xymjs said:
Hasselbeck":4m5xymjs said:

However, 2016 has been one of those years where the narrative gets broken off and shoved up everyone's asses.

The Cleveland Cavaliers won an NBA title over a team that broke the Chicago Bulls wins in a season record.

THEN the Chicago freaking Cubs won a World Series over the Cleveland Indians in extra innings.... and THEN a real life walking talking orange oompa loompa with tiny hands became president over the overwhelming favorite, and suddenly a Simpsons cartoon became real life.

If that doesn't tell you that ANYTHING can happen in 2016, well, I don't know what does.

december 31st

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":3cgv90fy said:
JSeahawks":3cgv90fy said:
The_Z_Man":3cgv90fy said:

december 31st

Oops, i stand corrected. For some reason i thought they were being played January 2nd.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":160dlgwx said:

I really don't think it's that big. But bama compared to any other team is 10 points +. They'll be double digit favorites in the CG. I think the -13.5 point spread is fairly accurate

They'll probably need to get a great offensive mind on staff as a consultant, sort of like what tedford did. It will take UW playing their A+ game on defense and that means forcing turnovers, as well as not turning it over in bad spots on offense.

That + another trick play/special teams TD is what it will likely take

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2ye9u098 said:
Huskies would have been better off losing the the Cougs.

They wanted this and now they got it.

Yes. Every team I would think wants a shot at a national title on the nations biggest stage.

Husky fans should be excited. Huge return to relevance, win, lose or getting run over.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Not enough games are played between common opponents to gauge which team had the tougher schedule, less favorable matchups, etc. Alabama fans seem very confident. I think they're going to be surprised.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Happy for the Dawgs, but part of me wishes it was like the old days where the kids and fans got to experience the Rose Bowl week and all the pomp and circumstance and pageantry that comes with it.

Obviously making the college playoffs is awesome, but having the privilege of probably getting drilled by Alabama in Atlanta in front of 80% Alabama fans doesn't seem like a fun time for the players.

Big Picture though, great for the program to take this next step, no matter the outcome.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33s3ddf4 said:
Happy for the Dawgs, but part of me wishes it was like the old days where the kids and fans got to experience the Rose Bowl week and all the pomp and circumstance and pageantry that comes with it.

Obviously making the college playoffs is awesome, but having the privilege of probably getting drilled by Alabama in Atlanta in front of 80% Alabama fans doesn't seem like a fun time for the players.

Big Picture though, great for the program to take this next step, no matter the outcome.

The Rose Bowl is awesome. Saw ASU-OSU and Washington-Purdue there. But The pomp of the Rose Bowl has been replaced by the football playoff though. playing Penn State for pride can't compare to Alabama for a shot at the national title. The new world of college football...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ulnpcbu said:
Sgt. Largent":1ulnpcbu said:

The Rose Bowl is awesome. Saw ASU-OSU and Washington-Purdue there. But The pomp of the Rose Bowl has been replaced by the football playoff though. playing Penn State for pride can't compare to Alabama for a shot at the national title. The new world of college football...

For sure, I'm just being nostalgic about the less money grubbing business-like days of college football.

There was something magical about the players running around the Apple Cup with roses in their mouths and getting that week in Pasadena taking part in all those festivities and running out in front of our fans and Keith Jackson on the mic.

Now it's a business trip to Atlanta like it's an NFL playoff game.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I only need to look at a Chris Peterson coached Boise State win in the Orange Bowl over a heavy favorite Oklahoma to know that they have a chance.