Watching Owl I decided the Seahawks did the right thing...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sutz, O is sexy but D wins Campionships.

I completely agree with you and know JS got it right with MM.

KC’s D was bent bent but not broken, they were stout when it counted.

94Smith

Reaction score
I was proud of how the 49ers D played today. They finally stepped up and had a great outing picking off Mahones and the TO in the red zone. Plus lots of pressure and a few sacks However saying that , the chiefs d was even better

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
The better defensive team with the best QB in the league who is on pace to be the next GOAT
Yeah, but not even close to the best QB this year. He's the best based on his career, not this season.

There is a reason Patrick Mahomes wasn't anywhere near MVP discussion this season.

Keeping it Seahawks related, Mahomes was much closer to being Geno Smith than he was Josh Allen or Dak Prescott. (Or Brock Purdy.)

94Smith

Reaction score
Yeah, but not even close to the best QB this year. He's the best based on his career, not this season.

There is a reason Patrick Mahomes wasn't anywhere near MVP discussion this season.

Keeping it Seahawks related, Mahomes was much closer to being Geno Smith than he was Josh Allen or Dak Prescott. (Or Brock Purdy.)
I think Kelce was hurt the first part of the season ? Plus no other weapons to speak of . He can’t do it all

BASF

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie I enjoyed that the 9ers sold all that they had for this chance, and a few months into the season, one of the Kelce's started dating Taylor Swift, and then she was at the game and on camera and annoying in the superbowl that the 9ers leveraged their future for after dying to be like the PC Seahawks for over a decade with a tough defense. And then they got there, and they lost with their system qb and defense they can't pay, and Tay Tay was really invested in the game, and she has been a life long fan, and her and the girls were really into it, and because all the swifties hung in there and understood what grit was all about, the better team won. A lesson for us all. Never associate with bay area sports fans.
Dude? That's messed up.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm sorry if that was offensive, it was meant in jest.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Is still argue the single greatest indicator of SB appearances and wins is your QB. Whether is offensive or defensive ranking when you have an elite QB and teams play these games so tightly because they’re afraid of making mistakes it usually comes down to the QB.

Both of these teams have great QB play this year.

cymatica

Reaction score
And? The better QB and better offensive team still won and broke the game open in the end going on huge drives. The best defensive team in the NFL also got defeated by Mahomes and Andy Reid. The majority of the playoffs had offensive coaches.

I think Macdonald is the best choice, we could’ve made at the time, but I still don’t think we’re in a “defensive era”. If you’re any good as an OC you get poached, and for a QB the lack of consistency is an issue.
The Chiefs defense is pretty good and Jones is one of the best. If KC had an average defense they lose that game. That game was a defensive battle until the 4th quarter, so it makes sense the better coach and QB pull it out in the end. But they barely won with a generational talent at QB and one of the best offensive minds, and they very well may have lost if Moody doesn't miss the pat

DJrmb

Reaction score
What about the Super Bowl made you come to that conclusion? Both of the coaches in the SB are offensive coaches.

The team with the better defense just got Patrick Mahomes’d
Wasn't the KC defense ranked ahead of the 9ers???

94Smith

Reaction score
Not sure how you compare Spags and MacDonald, they only thing they have in common is they were defensive coordinators.
Spags is a top level DC. Maybe the best DC in the league ? But he was 11-31 as a head coach . Check out the playoff teams this year. Chiefs offensive hc. 49ers offensive hc. Ravens special teams hc. Detroit offensive hc. Packers offensive hc. Rams offensive hc . Dallas offensive hc. Miami offensive head coach. Texans defensive hc . Bills defensive hc. Browns offensive hc. Steelers defensive hc. Bucs defensive hc . Eagles offensive hc . That’s 9-4. I think teams are better hiring offensive coaches because their oc will get picked off if they have success and it is harder to keep the same offensive system and harder on the offense to change coordinators

Latest posts