Watching Owl I decided the Seahawks did the right thing...

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Pete didn't have the choice, Mahomes was drafted ahead of our first round pick. JS scouted him in the hope that he would fall for some reason.
Ok. Cool. Thanks for the specific corrective clarification. I'll revise...

After watching the Super Bowl...I wish that Pete would have let JS make whatever draft moves were necessary to try and grab Mahomes when he was scouting him and interested in him.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
This is what JS said in his presser last month. OC's that become HC's tend to provide more continuity for the most important position on the team, QB. DC's to HC's creates a situation where you're constantly having to find replacements which creates instability.
I wonder why there aren't more teams that just choose to fire their DC focused HC and promote the OC for the sake of continuity? For example - Maybe Atlanta should have fired Quinn and promoted Shanny.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
And? The better QB and better offensive team still won and broke the game open in the end going on huge drives. The best defensive team in the NFL also got defeated by Mahomes and Andy Reid. The majority of the playoffs had offensive coaches.

I think Macdonald is the best choice, we could’ve made at the time, but I still don’t think we’re in a “defensive era”. If you’re any good as an OC you get poached, and for a QB the lack of consistency is an issue.
Any time you're in an offensive area, the time is ripe for a defensive area.

cymatica

Reaction score
So a defensive coach and the GOAT. Got it. That shouldn’t be too hard to find?
Any elite QB is hard to find. KC struck gold, even with Reid they wouldn't be a dynasty in the making without the current goat. The point is that it's the elite QB that will help carry the team more than a offensive minded head coach. A great defensive coach + elite QB can work great. Andy Reid and Mahomes also aren't even making the bowl without their defense stepping up this year.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Any elite QB is hard to find. KC struck gold, even with Reid they wouldn't be a dynasty in the making without the current goat. The point is that it's the elite QB that will help carry the team more than a offensive minded head coach. A great defensive coach + elite QB can work great. Andy Reid and Mahomes also aren't even making the bowl without their defense stepping up this year.
Bingo. Spot on.

bigcc

Reaction score
Quinn is a good DC not a great DC. Maybe he'll make a better HC? I guess we'll see. Shanahan is likely a much better HC than Quinn. So yes I agree that probably would have been a better way for the Falcons to go.
I mean we know quinn as a HC too, he went 43-42 as a HC lol that's not a small sample size. 5.5 seasons is a good chunk I doubt a lot has changed, he's just kind of meh.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I mean we know quinn as a HC too, he went 43-42 as a HC lol that's not a small sample size. 5.5 seasons is a good chunk I doubt a lot has changed, he's just kind of meh.
I meant in comparison to Shanahan.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Dude, I just want to give you major credit. You are a fan of our rivals. You constantly post in enemy territory but you are blessed by not being a D bag like others can be. Your team just lost in the biggest game on the planet and yet you still come here, again, in enemy territory to post your thoughts.

You are good people man. And good people are appreciated.
I agree with everything that you say except for the biggest game on the planet. As much as the non soccer fans want to ignore it, the Champions League final and the World Cup are watched by the majority of the planet,

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with everything that you say except for the biggest game on the planet. As much as the non soccer fans want to ignore it, the Champions League final and the World Cup are watched by the majority of the planet,

94Smith

Reaction score
Its the biggest game on our part of the planet. ;)

SNDavidson

Reaction score
All Stallone needed were his hardworking American hands to convince Europeans that soccer was bad and the Nazis couldn't handle it either

pmedic920

Reaction score
You call them an offensive team but their defense got them there this year. Yes Mahomes put them on his back at the end but if the defense didn’t play as well as they did Mahomes wouldn’t have had that opportunity. KC had the best defense in this year’s playoffs.
In terms of postseason they had one of the best in recent times.

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpeg
    IMG_2823.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 3

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Its the biggest game on our part of the planet. ;)
In a large portion of North America, correct. I looked up the numbers because I was just thinking that the UEFA Champions League had a higherviewship by a slim margin. SB 123 million, UEFA 450 million and the WC, right around half the world's population at 3.57 billion