We did good for the first game.

Chawker

Reaction score
We had 1 turnover late, but we closed a 14 point deficit and tied up the game in the 4 quarter. Now doesn't that sound like a sprinted bunch of super stars ! I see another superbowl in our future. The passrush has been fixed, they will call OL "big screws" with the speed that Taylor and Mafe will turn the corners. Walker looked a little slow but did ok for his first NFL game, Parkinson's run blocking was improved eventho he didn't catch many passes. OL did a great job with only one hic up late in the game. Over all I will give them a HELL YAH for the first game, this brings me hope and excitement for the 2022 season.

Cheers

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yep this one preseason game, the first without russ and bobby, was all I needed to see to think this team is a legit superbowl contender!

. . .

. . .

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I disagree that our O Line played well early. Steelers caved in the interior for the entire first quarter. After that we began holding our own and over took them late.
Who was the QB early, and who was the QB late? I don't really buy the ones and twos theory. We weren't playing a lot of our actual ones in that game early or late.

sutz

Reaction score
Geno played 1st half. Lock played 2d half. And yes, quite a few of our #1's sat out the game on both sides of the ball.

John63

Reaction score
LOl a lot of their ones sat out so don't think this is the game to draw anything from

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Overall, it was nice to see us get in the end zone several times, unlike two of last preseason's games (combined 10 pts in 2 games!). Defense can certainly clean up some things.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
LOl a lot of their ones sat out so don't think this is the game to draw anything from
You wouldn't draw anything from it anyway. Your stance has always been a persistent "wait and see" where you provide no actual scouting or analysis.

Let the people who want to talk football do so.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
To some here who didn't think that there was anything to celebrate in this game, get a clue.
This was an uptick from Training Camp, where NEWBIES got a more realistic taste of NFL play.
It was the 1st preseason game, there was NO NEED for the #1's to showboat, Coaches ALREADY KNOW what the regulars can do.
This was entry level training, and a lot of game film for the Rooks to learn from.
IF some of y'all weren't impressed with some of the play by these NFL Greenhorns, maybe it's because you've predetermined negativities, but I assure y'all that the Coaches were focused intently on every move made by their rookies.
Every one of these Drafted & undrafted rookies have attributes in their play that can use some polishing & upgrading, that's what the Coaches are there for.
NONE of these young athletes are a finished product.
After MONTHS of non-Football crap on the boob-tube, I enjoyed watching MY SEAHAWKS on TV again.
I'll leave the negative critiquing to some of y'all professional Coaches that really know your sh!t. LOLOLOL

toffee

Reaction score
We had 1 turnover late, but we closed a 14 point deficit and tied up the game in the 4 quarter. Now doesn't that sound like a sprinted bunch of super stars ! I see another superbowl in our future. The passrush has been fixed, they will call OL "big screws" with the speed that Taylor and Mafe will turn the corners. Walker looked a little slow but did ok for his first NFL game, Parkinson's run blocking was improved eventho he didn't catch many passes. OL did a great job with only one hic up late in the game. Over all I will give them a HELL YAH for the first game, this brings me hope and excitement for the 2022 season.

Cheers
Small sample size and all but our OL was TOP RATED in pass block and run block was 5th, when was the last time our OL was ranked in top 3, regardless of pre, regular, or post season? Our QB may still suck, but he will get all the help he can get from OL and running game.