we lost this game due to...

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
w00t":2gkw7l1o said:
that Sherman flag on 3rd down that lead to a fg and the MRob penalty was key in this game.

and both of those penalties were ticky-tack non calls in most games. meanwhile they were holding on several plays...in fact I think the refs were watching our dbs so intently, they were not even watching for holding by san fran inside

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Officiating crews that call the games tight are going to be trouble for us almost no matter what. The thing is that our team needs to be able to adjust and not just keep after it all game and hope the flags stop falling. The damage could have been limited, and it just wasn't today. Hopefully a better showing next time this occurs, though I'm also hoping that we not get really flag-happy crews the rest of the way too.

kearly

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1cujwc3s said:
I didn't see a problem with the game Bevell called.

Seahawks.net 101: We lost, therefore the play calling was bad.

kearly

Reaction score
IMO, the one really big mistake in this game was calling that 2nd half timeout on 2nd and 25. Just take the 5 yards. That ridiculous timeout was the difference between getting the ball with 0:22 and 1:07 at the end, only needing a FG to win.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
bobincovington":89ia7fos said:
w00t":89ia7fos said:
that Sherman flag on 3rd down that lead to a fg and the MRob penalty was key in this game.

and both of those penalties were ticky-tack non calls in most games. meanwhile they were holding on several plays...in fact I think the refs were watching our dbs so intently, they were not even watching for holding by san fran inside
Holding is a minor work for their line they were allowed to hug our guys. We didn't play well and the calls and non-calls killed us.

kmedic

Reaction score
Penalties for sure. However that's all part of execution. I'll take solace in the fact that 49ers have barely beat a Wilson led team at home but have no answers in Seattle.

kmedic

Reaction score
BTW looks like Wags got way out of his gap on that long Gore run. Not trying to say he should be blamed for the loss but he needs to be smarter late in the game, especially against a sneaky guy like Gore.

Jville

Reaction score
Also .... turning in only 1 rushing first down does not reflect the prefered style of this team.

Polk738

Reaction score
I think that facemask penalty on Mike Rob is what killed the game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not just too many penalties, but stupid mistakes like giving up a blocked punt and at least three defenders incorrectly playing their gaps on Gore's big run. Earle WAY overran that play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kmedic":209xw0ir said:
BTW looks like Wags got way out of his gap on that long Gore run. Not trying to say he should be blamed for the loss but he needs to be smarter late in the game, especially against a sneaky guy like Gore.
Yep, Earl was out of position as well.

kf3339

Reaction score
Penalties. It's the one thing that can keep this team from the Super Bowl this season. PC really needs to work on cleaning them up going forward.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22lyniru said:
Not just too many penalties, but stupid mistakes like giving up a blocked punt and at least three defenders incorrectly playing their gaps on Gore's big run. Earle WAY overran that play.

Whatever you do dont blame earl thomas, not allowed

Schadie001

Reaction score
Joey13091":3549o389 said:
We lost this game due to not making enough plays to win. 9ers beat us. We'll see them again.

If that was a beating it was with kiddy gloves. They has 1 big play...gores run. Aside from that we beat ourselves. Penalties and not executing on a couple key plays beat us. Niners are lucky they came away with a win....lucky!

Joey13091

Reaction score
Schadie001":4xqw0c76 said:
Joey13091":4xqw0c76 said:
We lost this game due to not making enough plays to win. 9ers beat us. We'll see them again.

If that was a beating it was with kiddy gloves. They has 1 big play...gores run. Aside from that we beat ourselves. Penalties and not executing on a couple key plays beat us. Niners are lucky they came away with a win....lucky!

They won/beat us. Yes.

Joey13091

Reaction score
pmedic920":2vne2x0i said:
We lost because we scored less points than the 49ers.
Sorry but that's the fact of the matter.

I agree. We had many drives that we could've scored on and not punted.

chawkjones

Reaction score
jake206":1xl47r8y said:
Penalties, bad use of timeouts, and not enough Marshawn. On the bright side, Percy will be coming back soon.

I do not mean my comment in a viscous way, but i really wonder about Harvin i would of thought today's game would be one he would be used in, even though he was inactive, I honestly wonder if he will return this year. We had every opportunity to win today, if we could got just one or two breaks i truly believe the Hawks are 12-1.

I am very aware of the injury to Percy Harvin and what he is and has gone through but we needed this win IMHO

Latest posts