we lost this game due to...

chris98251

Reaction score
Blocked kick, three points, long run by gore 3 points, total of 6 points given off broken plays. Gore doesn't get that run does the defense stop them next play you never know. But those two plays attibuted to 6 which were two scores they probably would not have got regardless of the penalties called.

Greenhell

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3quwa12s said:
We simply didn't make plays when we needed to.

I think it's this more than the penalties. The play calling was crap. This was a game Russ could've been just as effective if not more effective than Lynch.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Lack of aggressiveness on offense. We showed their defense too much respect. Should have taken a few more shots down field.

This was a big loss. Anytime you have a chance to step on your arch rivals throat while essentially securing the #1 seed you absolutely have to attack, throw everything and the kitchen sink at them. We dialed it back. Hope it doesn't bite us.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Wilson was not sharp today, or, maybe more accurately, he was too conservative. He didn't challenge SF much or make throws we're accustomed to seeing. He needed to be more Dangeruss today.

Rainger

Reaction score
beehawk46":34cpoft1 said:
To many penalties....especially at crucial times.

I'm not blaming the refs either....bonehead mistakes. Pete needs to focus on cleaning up the crap penalties. Leading the NFL in penalties is ridiculous.

Go Hawks
This is the scam by the refs. They are bad both ways, so many of you don't see the agenda. Because u see bad calls both ways you don't look deep enough to see what bad calls are called where and when.

Even the post games guys on 710 were saying it isn't what is called it is when it is called in the game. I agree there were some shit calls on SF (the taunting call) but fact is the calls all went to keep SF drives alive or to stop Seattle drives.

If you DVR'd it go back and stop being an apoplectic for the NFL and the refs and you will see another rigged game by the refs for the National fixed League.

Veilside

Reaction score
kearly":1ckjsr6j said:
IMO, the one really big mistake in this game was calling that 2nd half timeout on 2nd and 25. Just take the 5 yards. That ridiculous timeout was the difference between getting the ball with 0:22 and 1:07 at the end, only needing a FG to win.

:13: This is how I felt.

I was yelling at the screen to let them score on that last drive because there was little chance to cause a turnover since they were obviously going to just keep running the ball and the clock. If our offense had looked inept like in the Rams game then I would have been okay with letting the defense try to make a miracle happen but that was not the case here.

We were up by 1, we should have let them score and gave Russ more time to do what he does best and that's drive the team down the field in a high pressure situation. Instead we got the ball back with 20 seconds and no timeouts. The only possibility we had was a big play down the field that made it out of bounds to stop the clock for a field goal try. A non-sideline throw into triple coverage definitely wasn't the best choice of play by Russ but there was VERY little he could actually do and that's on Pete for putting him in that situation.

Nothing about this game indicates that the 49ers could beat us at home right now. Our ST's played worse than normal and it kept them in the game. Obviously penalties are a factor but don't forget that beings we went into this game 2nd in penalties, they obviously haven't been enough to lose us games in the past. They aren't a new factor and I have a hard time putting too much stock in them for this loss. The penalties finally caught up to us and bit us, but a decrease in ST's play was the new factor to look at in this game. With the exception of Tate's last return; we were averaging bad field position which is really uncommon for us as well as us giving up good field position to them.

Veilside

Reaction score
Seaswab":mk19fl8b said:
Sgt. Largent":mk19fl8b said:
Not just too many penalties, but stupid mistakes like giving up a blocked punt and at least three defenders incorrectly playing their gaps on Gore's big run. Earle WAY overran that play.

Whatever you do dont blame earl thomas, not allowed

I blamed Earl on that play and I think he's the 2nd MVP on this team. He looked like he got cocky and moved too far up to stop the run. Every player eventually gets burned especially when you play as aggressive as ET. It will be interesting to see if he starts to be a little more cautious after this and whether he can find a nice balance to avoid a mistake like this again. I think if it was a faster RB like Johnson or Charles he'd have less of a chance to run them down so being aggressive may be the best move, but he's clearly faster than Gore and probably should have sat back more.

Giblien

Reaction score
Penalties, that were actually penalties. They refs called a tighter game than we are used to, but every one I can recall was legit. We couldn't run the ball as well as we would have liked and our big plays seemed to coincide with penalties. Also, our secondary wasn't not as dominant as it usually is. That big run from Gore was a soul crusher.

Even with all of that though, not one qb in the league I would have wanted more at the end of the game than Wilson.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2s2xxgul said:
Penalties ruined our chances in this one. Almost every big play had a flag.
Hmmmm, imagine that..."ALMOST EVERY BIG PLAY HAD A FLAG", you left out, ALMOST Every Big Play 'That The SEAHAWKS Made', Had A Flag'.
Couldn't have been any bad Officiating involved, could it?, nah, never mind.

AgentDib

Reaction score
kearly":gt0morby said:
Smelly McUgly":gt0morby said:
I didn't see a problem with the game Bevell called.
Seahawks.net 101: We lost, therefore the play calling was bad.
Followed by Seahawks.net 102: I saw an offensive play that didn't work, therefore the play calling was bad.

Seafan

Reaction score
Veilside":2bwgv79q said:
kearly":2bwgv79q said:
IMO, the one really big mistake in this game was calling that 2nd half timeout on 2nd and 25. Just take the 5 yards. That ridiculous timeout was the difference between getting the ball with 0:22 and 1:07 at the end, only needing a FG to win.

:13: This is how I felt.

I was yelling at the screen to let them score on that last drive because there was little chance to cause a turnover since they were obviously going to just keep running the ball and the clock. If our offense had looked inept like in the Rams game then I would have been okay with letting the defense try to make a miracle happen but that was not the case here.

We were up by 1, we should have let them score and gave Russ more time to do what he does best and that's drive the team down the field in a high pressure situation. Instead we got the ball back with 20 seconds and no timeouts. The only possibility we had was a big play down the field that made it out of bounds to stop the clock for a field goal try. A non-sideline throw into triple coverage definitely wasn't the best choice of play by Russ but there was VERY little he could actually do and that's on Pete for putting him in that situation.

Nothing about this game indicates that the 49ers could beat us at home right now. Our ST's played worse than normal and it kept them in the game. Obviously penalties are a factor but don't forget that beings we went into this game 2nd in penalties, they obviously haven't been enough to lose us games in the past. They aren't a new factor and I have a hard time putting too much stock in them for this loss. The penalties finally caught up to us and bit us, but a decrease in ST's play was the new factor to look at in this game. With the exception of Tate's last return; we were averaging bad field position which is really uncommon for us as well as us giving up good field position to them.

The Hawks only managed 3 points in the 2nd half, to expect them to drive the length of the field and score a TD is very optimistic. If the Hawks had played their gaps correctly and stopped Gore there was a good chance the Hawks could have won this game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Crowd noise.

Candlestick was louder than it's ever been. They must've pumped in crowd noise because everyone knows Niner fans aren't loud.

It's so unfair !

We should write an angry letter. To somebody.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
kearly":23seenfo said:

Yeah, this point shouldn't be glossed over either. Recklessness with timeouts, especially in the second half, is ridiculous and one of the things that sometimes jumps up and bites Pete. Blowing all of the timeouts in Indianapolis was even bigger.

There is undoubtedly a threshold after which a 5-yard penalty is a lesser price to pay than using a timeout. One of my true pet peeves as a football fan, and to be fair I don't see much of this from Pete, is the mind-numbingly stupid "let's take a timeout and talk about this next play-call." Coaches who do that seem to think that there's a rule against planning ahead.

The inability to properly value timeouts is a weakness, and while I don't expect it to ever get shored up it would certainly be nice if it did.

Largent80

Reaction score
Robinsons penalty was a killer. Beast had just went for about 20, and instead we went back 15 after starting at the 3. Stupid.