We lost to the refs, not the Saints.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
BlueBlood":r1ihfdy4 said:
I dunno fellas. 20 penalties in two weeks and a bunch of no calls against the opponent. It's a little weird. The zebras just seem to be going all in. Maybe they read and buy in to the enemy fan forums?
That's funny.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
The Seahawks just didn't play well enough today. They are a better team then what they showed and the Saints capitalized on mistakes and miscues.

Such is life in the NFL. The margin between a 5-1 team and a 2-4 team is razor thin.

But I do not beleive this is the end all, be all for the Seahawks. Good to see some rational fans in here.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Refs are not going to help SEA.....they don't want Seattle with home field advantage throughout the playoffs again....today's game essentially sealed that from happening, unless Dallas or Minnesota collapse. We will have to travel to either of these locations to get to Houston.

knownone

Reaction score
It wasn't just the missed calls on the pick plays, or the obvious discrepancy in penalties called, arguably the most impactful play towards the end of the game was the Hawks tackle out of bounds on 3rd down that the refs for some reason called progress stopped, forcing Seattle to spend a timeout before the Saints FG. I watched this play 10 or so times, I have no idea what the ref was doing, the guy is tackled and comes down OUT OF BOUNDS, yet progress is stopped? Seattle should have had a timeout and 2 ish minutes on the clock... but you know refs!

hawker84

Reaction score
Call it the way you see it, and I'm the last one on this board to blame officiating, but that was blatant. Yes we played poorly, but when we made the plays we needed to they were nullified by back breaking penalties which were the wrong call, twice. Even the netwoek official called it.

That last wrong call, gave NO this victory... 11 to 2? C'mon man.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":jeisy8c9 said:
Saints beat us because they outplayed us. Officiating was poor, but so was our team.
The officiating was more than poor, it was crooked. Outside that, I fully agree with your statement.

getnasty

Reaction score
Why would the NFL not want Seattle to win? Come on people, I'm sure they let NE know we were running a slant to Lockette in the SB too. Those are calls that are gonna get missed, there's no reason we should be in that situation in the first place.

hawker84

Reaction score
Laloosh":ma8bn9xw said:
Barakas":ma8bn9xw said:
they had multiple drive extending penalties. Still....we have HORRIBLE time management and I can't believe they threw a pass to the 10 yard line in the middle of the field with 16 seconds left. They had time for 3 end-zone plays and wasted 14 seconds for an extra 10 yards.
Live or die on a fade to Kearse rather than 3 jump balls to a 6'7" Graham. Its a real shame.

You say that as if Kearse didn't make the catch? Not his fault Wilson threw the ball too far..

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
It's time to call the NFL what it is WWE in pads there are so many flags now days u can't get threw games and especially u can change the outcome of games this was on fu display today the nfc south has be drek they can't have enough clear front runner in the west side we got today's game where they decided the outcome gl boys call it for what it is most ppl are starting to and the trend is going down hill

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Jville":askh705u said:
https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/792825620522635265[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/792823587086274561[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/792825620522635265[/tweet]

And yet, they only get two flags?

For gods sake, if I have to read one more post from someone saying "well we were outplayed so dont whine about the refs" Im going to lose it.

As someone else said, the difference between winning and losing is so razor thin as it is. You essentially hand the Saints TWO scoring drives with bogus 3rd down holds. Take away those points, who wins?

The weak refs in this league are influenced by douchebag Arians and his like who cry about what Seattle supposedly gets away with and they overcompensate with stupid flags on TEXTBOOK defensive plays.

Days like this make me hate the NFL.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I was at the game...even the Saints fans around me were laughing about how one sided the game was called. The out of bounds call was just criminal and the pick plays were completely obvious. I think they got 4 first downs on 3rd down because of penalties.

But what the hell was that last sequence? Middle of the field with no timeouts? And a back line fade to protect against an INT on the last play?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":1w2vwod8 said:
Maulbert":1w2vwod8 said:
That is all. :evil:

Weak teams blame the refs. We lost because our o-line is an embarrassment & we have a hurt QB that can't play the game he wants to.

If this game is officiated correctly, we win.

Having an embarrassing oline and a well officiated game are not mutually exclusive.

Love it when fans play the tough guy role and pretend to be ok with crappy officiating.

billyberu

Reaction score
knownone":2cwivfd1 said:
It wasn't just the missed calls on the pick plays, or the obvious discrepancy in penalties called, arguably the most impactful play towards the end of the game was the Hawks tackle out of bounds on 3rd down that the refs for some reason called progress stopped, forcing Seattle to spend a timeout before the Saints FG. I watched this play 10 or so times, I have no idea what the ref was doing, the guy is tackled and comes down OUT OF BOUNDS, yet progress is stopped? Seattle should have had a timeout and 2 ish minutes on the clock... but you know refs!
I noticed this play as well. Head-scratching officiating all day long.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1xxt8w2b said:
TwistedHusky":1xxt8w2b said:
We keep putting ourselves in a situation where, because we do not score in the 1st half, crucial calls can win or lose games for us.

And sometimes that leads to losses.

We know the refs suck. So maybe actually having a sense of urgency like we do when we are playing from behind?

The 14 1st half points dosagree with you. There were a least 4 eggregious penalties that even the booth was pointing out.

We scored 7 points on offense in the first half, it wasn't good.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/792831114087837696[/tweet]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
When you put yourself in a position to allow officiating to determine the outcome, then you put yourself in a position to allow others to take your victory from you.

We endured terrible officiating, but competent offense could have offset it. It didn't because we cannot score TDs.

summesm

Reaction score
:ditto:
Barakas":24g8u1tx said:
they had multiple drive extending penalties. Still....we have HORRIBLE time management and I can't believe they threw a pass to the 10 yard line in the middle of the field with 16 seconds left. They had time for 3 end-zone plays and wasted 14 seconds for an extra 10 yards.