We lost to the refs, not the Saints.

andyh64000

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":30rkthbe said:
When you put yourself in a position to allow officiating to determine the outcome, then you put yourself in a position to allow others to take your victory from you.

We endured terrible officiating, but competent offense could have offset it. It didn't because we cannot score TDs.

I agree but it is hard enough to win on the road in the NFL without having to play against the officials. We were completely screwed in that game and still should have pulled it out.

Mizak

Reaction score
andyh64000":2it5fftx said:
TwistedHusky":2it5fftx said:
When you put yourself in a position to allow officiating to determine the outcome, then you put yourself in a position to allow others to take your victory from you.

We endured terrible officiating, but competent offense could have offset it. It didn't because we cannot score TDs.

I agree but it is hard enough to win on the road in the NFL without having to play against the officials. We were completely screwed in that game and still should have pulled it out.

The Raiders just had 23 penalties called against them and they still won the game.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's been a long, long time since I've been that upset about officiating. Was there one live-ball penalty against New Orleans in the game? No more than one, if so. They had two, and at least one was a false start. Disgusting.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":2vklaum8 said:
Refs are not going to help SEA.....they don't want Seattle with home field advantage throughout the playoffs again....today's game essentially sealed that from happening, unless Dallas or Minnesota collapse. We will have to travel to either of these locations to get to Houston.

The season isn't even half over. Everything is available.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":rqfyq911 said:
Maulbert":rqfyq911 said:
That is all. :evil:

Weak teams blame the refs. We lost because our o-line is an embarrassment & we have a hurt QB that can't play the game he wants to.

You're right. Crappy ass calls in no way impact games. Everyone should just suck it up, buttercup.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Several big, game-altering calls were wrong and several others were missed, all favoring the Saints offense. But.. Our O Line needs to get a lot more disciplined and have fewer penalties, especially early in games.

Hawks O should have been able to put up big points on that Saints D.

Hawks D heroic once again, especially in the Red Zone.

I still think the Hawks are close to being a dominant team, and will gel into one.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
While we are at it, is it really permissible for a DB to put his hands all over a receiver, the way the NO player did to Kearse on the last play??

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The offense is incredibly inept for the Seahawks but really the defense cost the Seahawks the win. Except for the fumble return for TD by Thomas, the Seahawks did zip to shut down the Saints offense. Yes there were some bad calls but they killed themselves in foot by extending drives for the Saints. It was a disappointing effort on defense by the Seahawks. Worst game by the D this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":3tfiwkpp said:
While we are at it, is it really permissible for a DB to put his hands all over a receiver, the way the NO player did to Kearse on the last play??

Incidental contact is allowed as long as it's not a hold or a misdirect on the player or a grab that changes his ability to make a play on the ball. As a defender you have just as much right to the ball as the receiver.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2tcfqhs6 said:
TorontoHawk":2tcfqhs6 said:
Maulbert":2tcfqhs6 said:

Weak teams blame the refs. We lost because our o-line is an embarrassment & we have a hurt QB that can't play the game he wants to.

If this game is officiated correctly, we win.

Having an embarrassing oline and a well officiated game are not mutually exclusive.

Love it when fans play the tough guy role and pretend to be ok with crappy officiating.

I love when fans cry about the refs even though there team played bad. You sound like the Falcon fans that everyone on here was all over for crying over the officials.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Too many subjective penalties. Penalties that are sometimes called and others not. And they end up deciding the game. I'm not one of those that believe the NFL has it in for some teams, I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think the game is getting away from them, it's out of their control. It is not quite as bad as watching WWE, but i'm quickly tiring of watching a game that is not decided by the players.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":39xw1odt said:
Silver Hawk":39xw1odt said:

Incidental contact is allowed as long as it's not a hold or a misdirect on the player or a grab that changes his ability to make a play on the ball. As a defender you have just as much right to the ball as the receiver.

I believe that I'd have to say that the DB grabbed Kearse and did misdirect him. Then Kearse grabbed him and probably pushed him away to get him off of him. Probably falls under NFL Rule 27-b: At the end of the game, all whistles shall be swallowed, unless they aren't.

cymatica

Reaction score
Pretty obvious the whole game was one sided, makes it ruin the game.

The most penalized team in the league only called for 2 penalties, and they were false syarts. So other than having to call those, they essentially ignored penalties on one team and called everything and then some on the other team.

Give me a break, it was unwatchable, everyone saw it. At least call 1 of the blatent pick plays and the hawks win..

JustTheTip

Reaction score
StoneCold":3dwsoxgb said:
Too many subjective penalties. Penalties that are sometimes called and others not. And they end up deciding the game. I'm not one of those that believe the NFL has it in for some teams, I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think the game is getting away from them, it's out of their control. It is not quite as bad as watching WWE, but i'm quickly tiring of watching a game that is not decided by the players.

Of course it isn't about screwing teams. It is about generating revenue. Teams getting screwed is just collateral damage. There is no real accountability for the refs or the league, so why not do what puts the most money in your pockets.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":339ju444 said:
Hawkpower":339ju444 said:
TorontoHawk":339ju444 said:
Maulbert":339ju444 said:

Having an embarrassing oline and a well officiated game are not mutually exclusive.

Love it when fans play the tough guy role and pretend to be ok with crappy officiating.

I love when fans cry about the refs even though there team played bad. You sound like the Falcon fans that everyone on here was all over for crying over the officials.

I love when posters act as if bad calls don't matter. This usually falls under several themes:

1) real men don't complain about horrendous officiating
2) we never should have been in that position anyway
3) stop whining
4) bad teams get bad calls

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2s5cpzts said:
Hawkpower":2s5cpzts said:
TorontoHawk":2s5cpzts said:
Maulbert":2s5cpzts said:

Guess what: Bad officiating still exists and costs you games, even if you play poorly.

We have played poorly and won MANY times in the past.

Why do the refs get a free pass from you because the team didnt play well? What does one have to do with the other?

Falcon fans whined about ONE play. This was a game long debacle.

Keep riding that fake high horse though.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score

Love it when fans play the tough guy role and pretend to be ok with crappy officiating.[/quote]

I love when fans cry about the refs even though there team played bad. You sound like the Falcon fans that everyone on here was all over for crying over the officials.[/quote]

Guess what: Bad officiating still exists and costs you games, even if you play poorly.

Why do the refs get a free pass from you because the team didnt play well? What does one have to do with the other?

Keep riding that fake high horse though.[/quote]

Was it the refs fault the o-line played like crap? Was it the refs fault Ryan could not hold onto the ball?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Winning NFL teams make mistakes and play poorly in every game.

That doesnt change the fact that the officiating negatively impacted the game.

I dont know why you look at this so black and white. It is ok to acknowledge that refs, with a 12-2 imbalance, made it infinitely more difficult to win.

Not sure what you are trying to prove.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":274jztus said:

I love when fans cry about the refs even though there team played bad. You sound like the Falcon fans that everyone on here was all over for crying over the officials.[/quote]

Keep riding that fake high horse though.[/quote]

Was it the refs fault the o-line played like crap? Was it the refs fault Ryan could not hold onto the ball?[/quote]

Nobody is excusing the Hawks for poor play. Not at all. However, the poor officiating was also an obvious factor.

Latest posts