We survived a game at Fed-Ex Field

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Gruden's brother is the Racist name coach. Not surprising he was biased.

What really concerns me is the continued allowance of personal fouls against the Seahawks.

Barthawk

Reaction score
first game I have ever watched and thought that the NFL had something to do with the way it was called. We kicked their asses, it was 17-0 and then a whole bunch of weird calls. (same time as the baseball games heading to the crucial innings)..

I think the NFL had something to do with the way the game was called from mid way through the 2nd through the 3rd q. they needed a good game otherwise they would lose their 9th straight audience to a shit game and it would be against the MLB playoffs. Never been a conspiracy guy, but tonight made me think WTF

253hawk

Reaction score
I guess players aren't the only ones that make adjustments at halftime.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Vpk0718":3vkpaf0q said:
with a win and no serious injuries

I'm happy :thirishdrinkers:

That's because the field was fine. There was no reason to not think it would be. A bad field from nearly two years ago with a full season of wear on it (and multi-use problems) isn't a good reason to assume that it is so.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Polaris":1w6n6nzy said:
jlwaters1":1w6n6nzy said:
The funny thing is gruden was so clueless, our te gets knocked down on 3rd and 4, totally leveled and he says it's in the 5 yards, then maxwell barely touches a wr on 3rd and short and he's demanding a penalty. The funny thing about trent Williams getting hurt on that play he literally tries to tackle Bruce Irvin, no holding called. Carps penalty on Harvin td seemed ridiculous as well.

Gruden did a horrible job as an announcer all game. It was clear who he was rooting for...to the point where he was getting his broadcasting calls blatantly wrong. Yes blood is thicker than water, but John Gruden should never again announce a game where is brother is one of the coaches.

Two examples:

1. When Wilson started to rush forward on second down (in the 3rd Qtr I believe) and then backed up and completed a pass to Luke Wilson for a moderate gain [for a third and short], Gruden was yelling about Wilson being over the line and for an illegal forward pass. That was clearly wrong. Gruden as a former coach should know that the ENTIRE BODY of the QB has to be over the line of scrimmage before the QB becomes a runner and loses the right to make a forward pass. His Redskin glasses were getting in the way.

2. On Jackson's first TD, Gruden was doing his level best to try to tell us that Sherman was toasted on the play. Watch it again. He wasn't. Chancellor and Sherman swapped responsibilities in the 3 man zone. Now choosing to do that with Jackson might have been questionable judgement, but the initial coverage responsibility was on Chancellor.
It was Mike Tirico who was going on and on claiming Wilson had crossed the line of scrimmage.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Polaris":zze36izd said:
jlwaters1":zze36izd said:
The funny thing is gruden was so clueless, our te gets knocked down on 3rd and 4, totally leveled and he says it's in the 5 yards, then maxwell barely touches a wr on 3rd and short and he's demanding a penalty. The funny thing about trent Williams getting hurt on that play he literally tries to tackle Bruce Irvin, no holding called. Carps penalty on Harvin td seemed ridiculous as well.

Gruden did a horrible job as an announcer all game. It was clear who he was rooting for...to the point where he was getting his broadcasting calls blatantly wrong. Yes blood is thicker than water, but John Gruden should never again announce a game where is brother is one of the coaches.

Two examples:

1. When Wilson started to rush forward on second down (in the 3rd Qtr I believe) and then backed up and completed a pass to Luke Wilson for a moderate gain [for a third and short], Gruden was yelling about Wilson being over the line and for an illegal forward pass. That was clearly wrong. Gruden as a former coach should know that the ENTIRE BODY of the QB has to be over the line of scrimmage before the QB becomes a runner and loses the right to make a forward pass. His Redskin glasses were getting in the way.

2. On Jackson's first TD, Gruden was doing his level best to try to tell us that Sherman was toasted on the play. Watch it again. He wasn't. Chancellor and Sherman swapped responsibilities in the 3 man zone. Now choosing to do that with Jackson might have been questionable judgement, but the initial coverage responsibility was on Chancellor.

I hated Gruden as a head coach, but I think he is actually one of the most unbiased analysts you could have announcing a game.

Polaris

Reaction score
sc85sis":fc1fz9fv said:
Polaris":fc1fz9fv said:
jlwaters1":fc1fz9fv said:

Two examples:

It was Mike Tirico who was going on and on claiming Wilson had crossed the line of scrimmage.

I was sure it was Gruden. If it wasn't Gruden sure didn't dispute it or even *mention* the rule specified the entire body.....Tirico was the first one that said that...after the officials explained it. I knew the play would be upheld after the first replay. Wilson's body very clearly and obviously did not cross the line regardless of the ball.

Polaris

Reaction score
lsheldon":2l9r0j23 said:
Polaris":2l9r0j23 said:
jlwaters1":2l9r0j23 said:

Two examples:

I hated Gruden as a head coach, but I think he is actually one of the most unbiased analysts you could have announcing a game.

Normally I'd agree but that wasn't the case tonight, and I think it's pretty obvious why.

Laloosh

Reaction score
getnasty":aymc8fj6 said:
Laloosh":aymc8fj6 said:

He came back in at the end of the game, so he should be fine.

:th2thumbs:

Thanks. I couldn't watch the final few minutes with the penalties.

253hawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":s1n4gapa said:
Vpk0718":s1n4gapa said:
with a win and no serious injuries

I'm happy :thirishdrinkers:

That's because the field was fine. There was no reason to not think it would be. A bad field from nearly two years ago with a full season of wear on it (and multi-use problems) isn't a good reason to assume that it is so.

If you saw it on TV, there was a lot of dirt flying up from players' feet. A well-maintained grass field doesn't do that.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
They may have to resod it in a couple of weeks, because it will start to suck by the end of the season if they don't. But it was fine today, and it looked good enough to me both in person and on TV.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Look at the overhead angle on the climactic Wilson scramble. Dirt was all over the place - and it's only Week 5.

FieldTurf is a safety issue for the players, honestly. Chicago and DC really need to install some.

253hawk

Reaction score
Fugly. How the NFL allows players to compete on this crap is beyond me.

Wy8Ihvp

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Jeremy517":1oxb2pto said:
Polaris":1oxb2pto said:
Gotta disagree. If that's a false start (or not being set), then almost every play that involves a WR in motion would result in a false start. It was a ticky-tack call *at* *best*. So was the Unger "head bob".

If you want to call that going in motion, then he has to get set before the ball was snapped, which he didn't. That is why I said it is either a false start or he wasn't set.

Why does he have to get set? Was there another guy in motion? If so, I get it, but from what I saw it was just him, in which case there's nothing illegal about it. One guy going in motion at the snap is perfectly legal. If there was another I'll accept it. I only saw the tv angles.

Latest posts