Field goal attempt(s) not taken at 2 minute warning yesterday.

Field goal attempt(s) at the 2 minute warning.

• Total voters

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I've only heard a couple glancing things about this.

During the game - I actually didn't think ANYTHING about this. We were there, had a chance to seal the deal, and didn't. Twice. I honestly agreed with the call/didn't consider the options. I certainly didn't think that the next possession would be like 16 seconds or whatever. I thought after we missed on the first 4 and out, that was the game - and we weren't getting the ball back and that 3 wasn't enough - so - we tried, and failed.

But should this have been handled differently? In hindsight - for me at least - Yes, I think it should have. The D had been playing lights out the whole game pretty much. We're getting our asses handed to us EVERY visit to the redzone.

I'm now of the opinion that we should have tried to kick them. Trust the D. Why trust the offense? They've been sputtering. And yea we got a fiddly kicker lately - but it was so close.

It's not the end of the world - but the more I think about it after the fact - the more I think it was the wrong call. Well, and trying to run K9 up the gut a bunch of times.

Waddaya think?