Wearing Other Team's Gear

beasthawk

Reaction score
Who cares what other people wear? It may look funny, but at the end of the day people are free to do what they like and wear what they like, what is this high school? :thfight7:

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2ssbgg03 said:
So to the OP, does it also annoy you when you see a big blue 12 flag or banner on television in sporting events and games/matches that have no relevancy to the hawks? I personally love seeing the Hawks getting repped all over the world.

Like my flag on TV several times at the Rose Bowl last year... 8)

12431333_10206340623726723_504889407_n.jpg

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":2e2djr22 said:
Zebulon Dak":2e2djr22 said:
Yeah I don't understand what's dumb about it.

Likewise. I always wear #3 or #25 to Charger games. What am I supposed to do... buy a Rivers jersey? :pukeface:

or... just wear normal non football clothes... what a concept that would be.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CHawk":3geo27du said:
I drag my son to the hawk games I attend, he always wears his Pats jersey(he did find some other Pats fans in the stands wearing gear). He did jinks us at the Bengals game, said it was going into overtime when we had been up. Second thought I'm not taking him anymore.

I did tell he would go to Boston next year, do you think I would be a bad father if I left him at home?

I think you'd be a bad father if you didnt beat the patriot fan out of him. If I have a son someday ill let him wear a dress if he chooses to, but never a patriots jersey.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3se9egu8 said:
volsunghawk":3se9egu8 said:
Ambrose83":3se9egu8 said:
Sitting here at the game I've seen broncos, Texans and stelears jeserys so far... Why do people wear gear to a game that team isn't playing in? Seems kinda dumb to me.

I don't understand why people would GO to a game their team isn't playing in.

Because some of us simply love sport beyond the realm of fandom.

So do I, but having been to a few games (unfortunately, none in Seattle), I can say with certainty that the gameday experience is by far the worst of the major sports leagues. The NFL translates to the TV better than any other sport, so that's one argument for watching at home versus going to a game. The cost and the behavior of crowds is another.

Don't get me wrong... it's my dream to one day attend a Hawks game in Seattle. But I dislike enough things about the gameday experience at a live game that I can't imagine going to see a live game between two other teams.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":2b4hcpaf said:
volsunghawk":2b4hcpaf said:
Ambrose83":2b4hcpaf said:
Sitting here at the game I've seen broncos, Texans and stelears jeserys so far... Why do people wear gear to a game that team isn't playing in? Seems kinda dumb to me.

I don't understand why people would GO to a game their team isn't playing in.

Because some of us simply love sport beyond the realm of fandom.
And some of us get free tickets.
:th2thumbs:

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Claims that it doesn't bother him, but keeps posting the same thing in saying that it is stupid, demonstrating that he is clearly bothered by it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
The 12 flag in odd places is always cool to see but it's not the same as wearing a jersey to a game that the team is not playing in.

And a jersey is fine any other place if somebody wants to wear it.

This should be included in the book of "man rules" that they had a couple years ago in those beer commercials.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, people can wear whatever they want, has no bearing on my life. I can't even take 5 seconds to care about what another human being wears :mrgreen:

CHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":34gbnr31 said:
CHawk":34gbnr31 said:
I drag my son to the hawk games I attend, he always wears his Pats jersey(he did find some other Pats fans in the stands wearing gear). He did jinks us at the Bengals game, said it was going into overtime when we had been up. Second thought I'm not taking him anymore.

I did tell he would go to Boston next year, do you think I would be a bad father if I left him at home?

I think you'd be a bad father if you didnt beat the patriot fan out of him. If I have a son someday ill let him wear a dress if he chooses to, but never a patriots jersey.

I let my my kids pick their own teams, I can't blame him growing up with the Pats record, he's 19. The other one is on board with the hawks so its all good.

A

Anonymous

JSeahawks":2ahpwqy5 said:
CHawk":2ahpwqy5 said:

Pay attention folks, this person is old school right here.

Down-home family values at work.

:stirthepot:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CHawk":14m3v643 said:
JSeahawks":14m3v643 said:
CHawk":14m3v643 said:

I let my my kids pick their own teams, I can't blame him growing up with the Pats record, he's 19. The other one is on board with the hawks so its all good.

I'm just messing with ya. One of the biggest reasons I'm a duck fan is cuz my dad (who is amazing and I love dearly) is a die hard beavers fan.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Ambrose83":26oqh706 said:
RastaHawk12!":26oqh706 said:
Zebulon Dak":26oqh706 said:
Yeah I don't understand what's dumb about it.

Likewise. I always wear #3 or #25 to Charger games. What am I supposed to do... buy a Rivers jersey? :pukeface:

or... just wear normal non football clothes... what a concept that would be.

Um.. it was just a joke. Honestly, I cannot for the life of me understand why you would care. If nothing else, I respect somebody reppin' their team in a foreign venue.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm not even sure I would want to go to an NFL game that the Seahawks weren't playing in, unless it was a super bowl. So, it wouldn't be weird that I was wearing a Seahawks jersey, it would be weird to be there in the first place.

It would have to be some situation where I had free tickets, free parking and loads of time to kill. I watch lots of non-Seahawk football, but given the cost and inconvenience it takes to attend NFL games, I'd rather watch on TV unless the Seahawks are in the building.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":20i7ysxu said:
I guess I am one of the dumb ones then as I wore a Wilson jersey to watch the Raiders defeat the Broncos from an executive suite last weekend. I thought it was fun :)

Did you catch a glimpse of Elroy, I mean Elwood...errr Mr. Ed? I always get a kick out of seeing his face during and after a loss. He must have thought he had it in the bag. Smug ol' highlander Jackanapes!

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3ce2rplc said:
Claims that it doesn't bother him, but keeps posting the same thing in saying that it is stupid, demonstrating that he is clearly bothered by it.

I am replying to what others have said, I do think its stupid.... it does not bother me in the least... I think lots and lots of things are stupid.. they do not ruin my day or change my mood.. keep trying though.. its cute.