Wearing Other Team's Gear

djb28

Reaction score
I have no desire to watch a game the Seahawks aren't in, live. But if I did I suppose I wouldn't. There are too many jerks who like to start crap at games.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
djb28":s5trwthc said:
I have no desire to watch a game the Seahawks aren't in, live. But if I did I suppose I wouldn't. There are too many jerks who like to start crap at games.

That's completely reasonable.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2zv081jo said:
Sitting here at the game I've seen broncos, Texans and stelears jeserys so far... Why do people wear gear to a game that team isn't playing in? Seems kinda dumb to me.
Because wearing some different team's gear would be like wearing some other guy's filthy, stained underwear.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2hvylxav said:
Because they're fans of those teams. I'd wear my Hawks jersey at another teams game. Wouldn't you?
No, it is stupid if your team isn't playing!

Largent80

Reaction score
When my wife and I went to a Dodger game 2 years ago, we were totally decked out in Hawks gear. And, when I go see a band, I'm wearing their shirt if I own one. I don't get these mentalities of not wearing what you own to any other stadiums or arena's.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1t0rujzf said:
Ambrose83":1t0rujzf said:
Sitting here at the game I've seen broncos, Texans and stelears jeserys so far... Why do people wear gear to a game that team isn't playing in? Seems kinda dumb to me.

I don't understand why people would GO to a game their team isn't playing in.

Living in the Chicago area, I go to at least one Bears game a year through work and with clients. I have to admit, I enjoy it thoroughly. Just watching a live NFL game and not being stressed out over the outcome is a nice experience. And I never wear Hawks gear. It just doesn't make sense to me when they are not playing.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Why does it bother some people so much? lol wow...Frankie says R-E-L-A-X! :)

I almost always wear my Hawks (and / or Mariners) gear to other sporting events here in Arizona. Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, whatever. Had some great conversations with other Hawk fans because of it. The nice people far outweigh the jerks in my experience. Even the jerks are fun though, sometimes it's fun to see them get so riled up just because of a shirt / hat / jersey, lol.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2jejfgh1 said:
Ambrose83":2jejfgh1 said:

I don't understand why people would GO to a game their team isn't playing in.

Because some of us simply love sport beyond the realm of fandom.

samwize77

Reaction score
Do those of you who think its silly to wear Hawks gear to a non-hawks sporting event wear your gear to say, a high school game? Or are there "rules of etiquette" that say non professional sports is okay.
Its definitely a "to each their own" situation with me really. I like seeing all the folks getting dressed up in wacky seahawks stuff at the games, even though on the surface it seems silly also. Its all about being proud of our team, anywhere and anytime....Loud and Proud folks!
Go Hawks

BlueBlood

Reaction score
So to the OP, does it also annoy you when you see a big blue 12 flag or banner on television in sporting events and games/matches that have no relevancy to the hawks? I personally love seeing the Hawks getting repped all over the world.

A

Anonymous

It's interesting reading the responses in this topic. I don't think it's odd that so many are getting a little more than mellow laying down their opinions either, considering the investment many of us have made on our gear.

I had a buddy growing up in WA that had the "don't wear that band's shirt to the show" rule. I went with it because I thought it was cool at the time, and was surprised at how many folks stop you and say "Oh hey, Judas!, I went to that show!". At the last Rush show, I wore my R30 tour shirt (cuz it's...Rush...) and had numerous folks say they were there at that one too. Great way to meet people is to pull out and wear the history. I wouldn't wear a Nickleback or a Creed shirt, but...

My point being, people watch other people, and if you wear something cool, you can get attention whichever way you go. I kinda like that part of it.

I think a lot of folks come to a Hawks game with the only jersey they own on, even if it's a Niner jersey. That jersey Aunt Myrtle sent you three years ago is still an NFL jersey, regardless if she forgot who your favorite team was. For some, you can barely make rent let alone drop $175 on a jersey so it is what it is.

This day and age, I think more than a few folks wear what they think makes them feel right, and/or what they have available, and there's nothing wrong with that. Except for those tools in Lon's pic... :34853_doh:

I wear something Hawks-related 100% of the time, so when got some free tickets to a Texans game against the Jags, I rocked the Hawks gear. I got razzed while hanging out at the tailgate, but that's part of the fun. I wore a Texans t-shirt underneath and would pull the front up and go "Shhhhhh...!".

:mrgreen:

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Some folks aren't hard core fans, just casual fans. So when they go to a game they wear
whatever NFL gear they might have. So what. I do agree it may be silly, but again, so what.

Its like when you go to a Monster Truck Rally. To be 'in the spirit', you have to wear flannel.

CHawk

Reaction score
I drag my son to the hawk games I attend, he always wears his Pats jersey(he did find some other Pats fans in the stands wearing gear). He did jinks us at the Bengals game, said it was going into overtime when we had been up. Second thought I'm not taking him anymore.

I did tell he would go to Boston next year, do you think I would be a bad father if I left him at home?

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
jacobsod":4vn6oger said:
Why does it bother some people so much? lol wow...Frankie says R-E-L-A-X! :)

I almost always wear my Hawks (and / or Mariners) gear to other sporting events here in Arizona. Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, whatever. Had some great conversations with other Hawk fans because of it. The nice people far outweigh the jerks in my experience. Even the jerks are fun though, sometimes it's fun to see them get so riled up just because of a shirt / hat / jersey, lol.
I have to agree with this partly after being relocated to the desert. I've been down here since 2001, and always rep a Seattle team when I'm out. Plenty of transients and snow birds here. Love the bantering of some locals, or the great conversations I come by from displaced fans.
I have ties to New Orleans as well, and I would never ever wear a Hawks jersey to a Saints home game if they were not head to head. Although, I love seeing fans sporting Hawks gear on TV at random games, that's not something I would do.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3kla8u61 said:
So to the OP, does it also annoy you when you see a big blue 12 flag or banner on television in sporting events and games/matches that have no relevancy to the hawks? I personally love seeing the Hawks getting repped all over the world.

I don't really care, again if I'm at a non Hawks game, which BTW I would not be at.. I would not drape my flag over me and wear a jersey.. In this hypothetical event id wear normal clothes and a hat. During a Hawks game I have gear on head to toe.. Shoes, shoelaces, socks, pants , shirt, jersery, hat etc...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's odd for sure,but it wouldn't bother me..............unless it's a hated rival's jersey like a Niners or Cards at a non Niner or Cards game at the Clink. That's just asking for trouble.

I know I certainly love seeing 12 flags during other sporting events.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38s7mo57 said:
It's odd for sure,but it wouldn't bother me..............unless it's a hated rival's jersey like a Niners or Cards at a non Niner or Cards game at the Clink. That's just asking for trouble.

I know I certainly love seeing 12 flags during other sporting events.

It doesn't bother me, I just think it's silly or dumb or any other word you prefer... Lots of things look silly..