Wearing Other Team's Gear

chris98251

Reaction score
If you don't live in Seattle but are a fan of the game I don't see a problem with it, either your supporting your team or a player you admire.

Sounds a bit narrow-minded, there are a lot of reasons for it.

Rocket

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1ix6kirg said:
Because they're fans of those teams. I'd wear my Hawks jersey at another teams game. Wouldn't you?
I second that !!!!

Do good, and help people and be happy
Bobby McFerrin ?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":gfn370kb said:
I also see people wear rock band t-shirts to a concert where that band is not performing. I wouldn't do that but.....

If you're using the band rule, you don't wear the shirt of the band you're going to see. Therefore, no Seahawks jerseys at Seahawks games, only other teams.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1dzjvur8 said:
Zebulon Dak":1dzjvur8 said:
Because they're fans of those teams. I'd wear my Hawks jersey at another teams game. Wouldn't you?

No, if I would not. If I went to a eagles -cowboys game I would not wear my Wilson jersey. It's dumb.

Disagree sir...I disagree!

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I don't need to support my team at a game w two other teams playing.. Looks silly to me... Let's go watch the raiders packers with my Hawks swag.. Silly.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3ni35k32 said:
Ambrose83":3ni35k32 said:
Sitting here at the game I've seen broncos, Texans and stelears jeserys so far... Why do people wear gear to a game that team isn't playing in? Seems kinda dumb to me.

I was with you in your hunting thread, but you are being a complete hypocrite with this.

I am hoping you truly understand the meaning of that word as I would love to understand how what my opinion is falls into that definition.

samwize77

Reaction score
Ambrose83":14bu436b said:
Sitting here at the game I've seen broncos, Texans and stelears jeserys so far... Why do people wear gear to a game that team isn't playing in? Seems kinda dumb to me.

I was with a guy wearing a Stealers Jersey one time, and I had a "I'm with Stupid---->" shirt on. Kind of a waste of time on my part huh? No one needed to be told.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2scqfk1d said:
I don't need to support my team at a game w two other teams playing.. Looks silly to me... Let's go watch the raiders packers with my Hawks swag.. Silly.

I'm with you man. I've never understood it myself.

samwize77

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1q1s9knc said:
Did you leave your pride at home also? Just asking

duckypoo

Reaction score
So, what should I wear?

And can I wear another Seattle sports teams hear to a Mariner's game?

What if I'm traveling? Was thinking of taking in a game at Fenway this summer but it won't be the Mariner's so can I not wear my home town gear for that occasion? Seems silly to abandon all allegiances just because my dog isn't in the specific fight at hand.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
samwize77":41b9benz said:
Ambrose83":41b9benz said:
Did you leave your pride at home also? Just asking

Nope, sure didn't.. Thanks for asking though.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
duckypoo":3ihs14ob said:
So, what should I wear?

What if I'm traveling? Was thinking of taking in a game at Fenway this summer but it won't be the Mariner's so can I not wear my home town gear for that occasion? Seems silly to abandon all allegiances just because my dog isn't in the specific fight at hand.

Sure wear all the sounders gear your little heart desires to a ms game.. It a different sport.. Or better yet just wear normal clothes.. I assume all of you own some at least... You can try to spin this anyway you want.. It's simple. It looks sillybto me to go to a game and rep gear from a team not actually playing in said game.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1uesnnak said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1uesnnak said:
Ambrose83":1uesnnak said:

I was with you in your hunting thread, but you are being a complete hypocrite with this.

I am hoping you truly understand the meaning of that word as I would love to understand how what my opinion is falls into that definition.

You don't understand the hypocrisy in getting upset about someone calling you out for something that you prefer and then turning around and calling people out for doing something that they prefer?

I guess that a horse can be led to water, but...

pmedic920

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3f8c0biy said:
I absolutely do it. I wear hawks gear quite often whether there is a game or not.

I wear Seahawks gear year round. In fact my wife gets mad at me for it sometimes.
Not that she has a problem with the gear but she'd like me to dress nicer sometimes.

But I would not wear a Seahawks jersey to a game that they weren't playing in.
I'd vote lame.
:{)

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
pmedic920":fvnucke3 said:
BlueBlood":fvnucke3 said:
I absolutely do it. I wear hawks gear quite often whether there is a game or not.

I wear Seahawks gear year round. In fact my wife gets mad at me for it sometimes.
Not that she has a problem with the gear but she'd like me to dress nicer sometimes.

But I would not wear a Seahawks jersey to a game that they weren't playing in.
I'd vote lame.
:{)

So do I, I have a tattoo after all.. But ya I would not wear a jersery to a non Hawks game.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":37m9d7zx said:
Ambrose83":37m9d7zx said:
CurryStopstheRuns":37m9d7zx said:
Ambrose83":37m9d7zx said:

You don't understand the hypocrisy in getting upset about someone calling you out for something that you prefer and then turning around and calling people out for doing something that they prefer?

I guess that a horse can be led to water, but...[/quote

Except I never cared that those uneducated people don't like hunting, the issue was questioning my hunting and heads on my wall while eating a store bought steak on their leather couch.... If you can't see the difference in those scenarios... Well you know.

RockHawk

Reaction score
We've had season tickets since 2001, and my beautiful wife has worn her Dolphins jerseys to most of the games. She's a Seahawks fan second, so anytime the Seahawks are in a big game (Sunday or Monday night, playoffs) she'll wear Seahawks gear. I love that she's proud of her team, and wears it even when they suck (which is almost all the time)...

And secondly, I've been to 14 games in different stadiums (some with the Seahawks playing, and some without) and I wear my gear to every single one. It's a personal choice, but I don't think it's "Dumb" if you prefer not to.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":cynp1pr7 said:
Except I never cared that those uneducated people don't like hunting, the issue was questioning my hunting and heads on my wall while eating a store bought steak on their leather couch.... If you can't see the difference in those scenarios... Well you know.

This is now a hunting thread? :34853_doh:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Ambrose83":1zya4aum said:
duckypoo":1zya4aum said:
So, what should I wear?

Sure wear all the sounders gear your little heart desires to a ms game.. It a different sport.. Or better yet just wear normal clothes.. I assume all of you own some at least... You can try to spin this anyway you want.. It's simple. It looks sillybto me to go to a game and rep gear from a team not actually playing in said game.

It is simple and it doesn't need any spinning. You're wrong.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3uisawe6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3uisawe6 said:
I also see people wear rock band t-shirts to a concert where that band is not performing. I wouldn't do that but.....

If you're using the band rule, you don't wear the shirt of the band you're going to see. Therefore, no Seahawks jerseys at Seahawks games, only other teams.
Not my concert shirt rule. I don't care how "uncool" it is, I wear it if I've got one or in the case of Rush, one of like 10.

Latest posts