Weather forecast for Minneapolis.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":9sm04aj2 said:
Vikes45":9sm04aj2 said:
Uncle Si":9sm04aj2 said:
Vikes45":9sm04aj2 said:
Vikings have a .700 playoff winning % playing outdoors in Minnesota.

""Eskimos don't go out in weather like this," Rams defensive end Jack Youngblood said. "We've got a multimillion-dollar business here and we've got to play in conditions like this … I don't think mentally you can shut out the elements around you."

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-role-models-are-frozen-in-time/364719501/#1

What about these Vikings? How many cold playoff games have Teddy, AP or anyone else won?

None that I know of. I can tell you this fellas, it's fricking cold out there. We went to "The Revenant" for a matinee and dinner after and that's some bitter cold coming in. It's about 10 degrees now but that wind hits you and makes you want to crawl into a hole somewhere.

Yeah... I live in Minneapolis. The Vikings aren't any more prepared for it than anyone else. It was 38 on Friday during their outdoor practice.
Didn't you go streaking in the quad earlier this morning Si?

Vikes45

Reaction score
Obviously, the Vikings do not carry any of their outdoor warrior reputation from yesteryear into this game.

They are in the same boat as the Seahawks. What it is going to come down to is who wants it more and who is willing to function in that soul crushing cold.

I did read that Bud Grant has been at Winter Park all week consulting with Zimmer about preparing the guys for this cold. Might help but I doubt Zimmer will forbid heaters and sleeves like Grant did in the 70's.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2d8y481u said:
Uncle Si":2d8y481u said:
Vikes45":2d8y481u said:
Uncle Si":2d8y481u said:
What about these Vikings? How many cold playoff games have Teddy, AP or anyone else won?

None that I know of. I can tell you this fellas, it's fricking cold out there. We went to "The Revenant" for a matinee and dinner after and that's some bitter cold coming in. It's about 10 degrees now but that wind hits you and makes you want to crawl into a hole somewhere.

Yeah... I live in Minneapolis. The Vikings aren't any more prepared for it than anyone else. It was 38 on Friday during their outdoor practice.
Didn't you go streaking in the quad earlier this morning Si?

I wouldn't call it "streaking"

Lost a step or two you know...

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":11h3bpsm said:
10 pm Seattle time....It is now -6 degrees F. in Minne.

Yes it is I was just outside in it all dressed up of what I am wearing tom lots of layers felt warm and comfortable it is going to be 1f at game time and the wind chill is not suppose to be a big factor. Also just saw a bunch of hawks fan at Walmart looking for more clothing layers .

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yeah it's cold....

No wind where I am though. And the sun is shining.

Beautiful day. Weather will have less an impact than last nights rain in Cincy

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1v063cu5 said:
Yeah it's cold....

No wind where I am though. And the sun is shining.

Beautiful day. Weather will have less an impact than last nights rain in Cincy

From what I hear, We'll be on the south sideline.

Yeah, the side that will get none of that Sun. Of course.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":23snvo17 said:
Just finished a 5 mile run... Balmy 10 degrees. Minimal wind.

Hawks will be fine

When I was going to school in Fairbanks, there was a dude who ran no matter the temperature. On those -40, he was still out running with his beard full of ice. As much as it burned the lungs to just breathe that air, I don't know how he did it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bmorepunk":24ftxncy said:
Uncle Si":24ftxncy said:
Just finished a 5 mile run... Balmy 10 degrees. Minimal wind.

Hawks will be fine

When I was going to school in Fairbanks, there was a dude who ran no matter the temperature. On those -40, he was still out running with his beard full of ice. As much as it burned the lungs to just breathe that air, I don't know how he did it.

I usually treadmill in the winter and cross country ski. Don't like running on the streets and sidewalks when their is ice. But with all the warm weather we have had when it finally did get cold there wasn't much.

Not running out there today. Can say that with no shame