Welcome Back Net Nation

James in PA

Reaction score
So glad this forum is up and running again! I hate not being able to discuss Hawks football. Especially when you have the media idiots posting silly April Fool’s jokes like we’re working out TAYLOR MAYS.

Ha Ha. Good one, media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Beer, Friends, and .net - Let's get this draft started!!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Was that really an April Fools joke?

The story about Taylor Mays to me was interesting and evocative of a time long ago before the team went on a run that is only petered by the one the Patriots have had. Pete chose wisely taking ET instead of Mays who pouted like a spoiled child that he'd been mislead by the Hawks. I have often wondered however if Mays should have played as a SS instead of as a FS in the NFL given his size. It may even be his best position might be as a coverage OLB given his elite short area quickness and speed. Doesn't hurt at all to have him in to have a look and see if he'd be interested in competing for a roster spot.

If the report was an April Fools joke it was well done and at least got a few of us thinking about reclamation projects and physical talents.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Thanks guys for fixing it,thrilled to see people back, and now we got Cassius too :D

James in PA

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1ujtptbr said:
Was that really an April Fools joke?

The story about Taylor Mays to me was interesting and evocative of a time long ago before the team went on a run that is only petered by the one the Patriots have had. Pete chose wisely taking ET instead of Mays who pouted like a spoiled child that he'd been mislead by the Hawks. I have often wondered however if Mays should have played as a SS instead of as a FS in the NFL given his size. It may even be his best position might be as a coverage OLB given his elite short area quickness and speed. Doesn't hurt at all to have him in to have a look and see if he'd be interested in competing for a roster spot.

If the report was an April Fools joke it was well done and at least got a few of us thinking about reclamation projects and physical talents.
It wasn’t an April Fool’s joke. I was just being sarcastic. Sadly it appears to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DomeHawk

Good to be back, to catch up I have got divorced and remarried, had two more children, got divorced again, sold house and bought a boat, sold boat, entered a religious cult, and am nearly finished writing my memoirs "Life After .NET".

There's more but that's about it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":19b9hbe2 said:
Good to be back, to catch up I have got divorced and remarried, had two more children, got divorced again, sold house and bought a boat, sold boat, entered a religious cult, and am nearly finished writing my memoirs "Life After .NET".

Think thats bad...

My kid has been accepted to USC.

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3dq73p5h said:
DomeHawk":3dq73p5h said:

Think thats bad...

Lol, that is bad! Have you looked at tuition there lately?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2f04aq19 said:
DomeHawk":2f04aq19 said:

Think thats bad...

How much did you have to bribe the school? :twisted:

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":1o84ja44 said:
Yeah it would be funny to have a collective mosaic visual of all the times all of us kept trying that bookmark button. Like compulsively hitting the street cross button or elevator button multiple times, lol. Glad to see the soothing blue and green on my screen again.

As an aesthetic aside, and you guy's might already know this but the fonts in the top menu and headers are not correct. It seems like the old fonts were replaced with Times Roman regular or similar.

Agreed fix them, they fit in like a Orange Dinner Jacket at a black tie affair.

pmedic920

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2sw3x6wu said:
I saw that one of the test pages mentioned that it runs on Linux from Red Hat, and said to myself "Well, this may not ever get fixed..."

That's from bitter experience with Red Hat Linux, which caused me to reflexively reject all versions and iterations of Linux until eternity. Screw that inherently unstable and barely-useable crap.

:x :rumble:

If you have this type of technical training and information, *edited by Wenhawk*

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2gwl0b5h said:
Uncle Si":2gwl0b5h said:
DomeHawk":2gwl0b5h said:

Think thats bad...

Every day since the letter came. It doesnt change if you stare at it, yell at it, cry at it. Still expensive... and for four years!

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":1747ftpf said:
DomeHawk":1747ftpf said:
Uncle Si":1747ftpf said:
DomeHawk":1747ftpf said:

Think thats bad...

Every day since the letter came. It doesnt change if you stare at it, yell at it, cry at it. Still expensive... and for four years!

It's none of my business but unless it is something that USC specializes in I don't get it. No offense but it's not Stanford.

UW tuition (in-state): 10K (out of state): 35K

USC tuition (all) 50K

Establish state residency here. (IIRC) you're out of state.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":p4u3sd5c said:
Uncle Si":p4u3sd5c said:
DomeHawk":p4u3sd5c said:
Uncle Si":p4u3sd5c said:
Think thats bad...

It's none of my business but unless it is something that USC specializes in I don't get it. No offense but it's not Stanford.

USC tuition (all) 50K

Its what he wants, and its pretty damned close to Stanford at this point.

Still lots to consider obviously

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":1tus91qg said:
DomeHawk":1tus91qg said:
Uncle Si":1tus91qg said:
DomeHawk":1tus91qg said:

USC tuition (all) 50K

Its what he wants, and its pretty damned close to Stanford at this point.

Still lots to consider obviously

In either case, it's good to have options. I am sure he will do great at whatever he chooses.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3yy9luwa said:
Yeah it would be funny to have a collective mosaic visual of all the times all of us kept trying that bookmark button. Like compulsively hitting the street cross button or elevator button multiple times, lol. Glad to see the soothing blue and green on my screen again.

As an aesthetic aside, and you guy's might already know this but the fonts in the top menu and headers are not correct. It seems like the old fonts were replaced with Times Roman regular or similar.

Seems to only be an issue on mobile devices.

F5 refresh and my chrome browser on my Laptop looks good as new, but we also centered the Time/date/last visit items.

chris98251

Reaction score
I use Edge and it's messed up and not on a mobile device.

Tried F5 and no go.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I did some testng it looks like the font is only messed up when I use Explorer. Also since we centered the Time/date it didn't take on the iPad with chrome.

Attachments

• changes.PNG
    changes.PNG
    272.9 KB · Views: 429

Latest posts