Well done Darrell Bevell & Tom Cable

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":25r7ijjr said:
What a terrific offensive performance.

It wasn't a big surprise, because we've had a top-10 offense per DVOA for the last four years including the #1 ranked offense in the entire league in 2015.

Yet it was nice to see the offense absolutely firing after last week's off-week with all of those injuries hindering things.

It's also a refreshing reminder on a day when the Steelers were depantsed by the Eagles and the Cardinals had their arses kicked in Buffalo that a Seahawks off-day is only ever a tough, one-score loss rather than an absolute pasting (the type dished out to the Niners today).

Keep up the good work :irishdrinkers:

I agree it was a good to see them score points but i'd like to see it against a good defense like the Jets . There's know doubt that there a much better Offense when they can run the ball and CM was very good last Sunday. So the bottom line for me was they did what they needed to do and that's dominate in a game well done Seahawks, but i'm not ready to say the Offense is playing to the same level they did the second half of last year.

justafan

Reaction score
A lot of people blame Bevell for or slow start last year but the team was putting up points.They averaged over 25 pnts a game while the team allowed over 31 pnts per game in the first 5 losses. If any of the 3 squads make a play or two a game we are talking a different season with a possible HFA in the playoffs.

It just seems crazy to talk about Pete or Bevells poor offensive philosophy when you lose to the Rams the first game of the year 34 to 31.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
justafan":fv5zwcc5 said:
A lot of people blame Bevell for or slow start last year but the team was putting up points.They averaged over 25 pnts a game while the team allowed over 31 pnts per game in the first 5 losses. If any of the 3 squads make a play or two a game we are talking a different season with a possible HFA in the playoffs.

It just seems crazy to talk about Pete or Bevells poor offensive philosophy when you lose to the Rams the first game of the year 34 to 31.

Because it's easier to continue a false narrative, rather than admit you're wrong.

Jville

Reaction score
I admire the willingness and commitment of Bevell and Cable to take on teaching loads when most other coaches are more reluctant to risk it.

The Seahawk offense started this campaign with 10 true rookies on the roster and currently still carry 9 rookies into the month of October. The current total Seahawk rookie breakout consist of 9 on offensive, 4 on defense and 1 long snapper on special teams for a total of 14.

By comparison, rookie totals for September opponents are: Miami 6, Los Angeles 10 and San Francisco 6.

Go Hawks!