Were 3-0 but Flowers and Griffin are just awful .

themunn

Reaction score
Teahawks":3ldzuqy4 said:
I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't like a tall guy like Flowers playing 8 yards off. That's like an instant 10 yard slant completion every time. I feel that a guy that physical should jam at the line?

He got absolutely roasted on a 40+yd TD playing and getting beaten for speed on press coverage. Moved immediately to playing off after that.

One thing Pete hates - never give up the big play. Towards the end of the game announcers kept on circling Flowers saying 'look for Prescott to throw here' and he didn't, so must have been doing something right.

Except the int of course...

JPatera76

Reaction score
I hate that we don’t jam receivers off the line. In 2013 we did it consistently.. now we give damn near 10-15 yard cushions...stupid stupid stupid

xray

Reaction score
No top tier CB's available for cheap ?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Can Flowers just play safety? Since we need the help there as well?

Maybe he isn't a CB.

You all might be right.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kelly Jennings must have put a curse on Flowers and Griffin. They are playing awful just like he used to do.

hawks85

Reaction score
chris98251":3k1nv1wv said:
Best thing that could happen, Dallas fires Richard, Atlanta fires Quinn, we move Norton to LB coach, hire Quinn as DC and Hire Richard as DB coach.

Ok not going to happen.

But that's what we have lost when we were a very good defense.
Yup, I have been at war with people on this. If this defense was the same GD defense then, then tell me WTF is wrong. I'll tell you...KENNETH NORTON needs to go back to a LB coach, and I dont give a damn that the Ravens gave up 500 plus yards tonight. The difference is, it's not happening every week and trust me, that Ravens D wont give up that much again the entire year.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
JPatera76":1vlt0ra3 said:
I hate that we don’t jam receivers off the line. In 2013 we did it consistently.. now we give damn near 10-15 yard cushions...stupid stupid stupid

You do know the enforcement of the rules has changed since then. That kind of coverage gets you a 5 yd penalty every time now.

D

DomeHawk

SoulfishHawk":1n071j8f said:
Only half right. Flowers is worse than Awful

Last week I wrote that there were too many wide open receivers and you replied:

"SoulfishHawk wrote:
Making my point Dome. EVERY time they win, it's doom and gloom. Repeat, after WINS.
It gets old that's all. Just like I'm sure it gets old when I point it out every time."

Sorry, hate to be a told-you-so kinda dude, lol.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm a noted Flowers apologist, and I have to say: yes, he looks bad, but so does pretty much everyone else that isn't a nickel player.

Something is fundamentally wrong with the defense right now. I'm not gonna pretend to know what it is, but whatever it is clearly is affecting the entire defensive backfield. They're all playing like asscheeks.

D

DomeHawk

Maelstrom787":2vm1v13z said:
I'm a noted Flowers apologist, and I have to say: yes, he looks bad, but so does pretty much everyone else that isn't a nickel player.

Something is fundamentally wrong with the defense right now. I'm not gonna pretend to know what it is, but whatever it is clearly is affecting the entire defensive backfield. They're all playing like asscheeks.

No doubt, wide open receivers like we haven't seen before in the modern era. Is it scheme? personnel? Who knows, it's probably a combination of things. We are just entering what would have been pregame-4 so hopefully they're going to get it figured out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well done Dome. I'm not complaining or mad at all. I'm stoked they are 3-0. But, Flowers flat out sucks :?
But, point taken.

chris98251

Reaction score
It may be we are trying to collect lighting in a bottle, Shem and Browner were unique in many ways, Kam a freak and Earl a bullet. Young Wagner and Wright.

The intensity of Sherman and Kams study habits and application on the field was invaluable, Diggs and Adams may have that, but neither the raw talent of physicality that Kam had or Range the Earl had.

Shaq just isn't in the mental ball park of Sherman, he has more speed and close to the length but it was upstairs, Flowers and Dunbar, Dunbar maybe is a great cover guy, we have not had a chance to see him blossom in our system yet, but neither can be as physical as Browner was, they have to decide are they a cover CB or a press physical CB on that side.

It may be our scheme is not fitting the players right now.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One thing I never want to hear again is how Adams is so much better than Kam.

I like Adams. Was stoked when they got him.

And he is a terror in the box. But he isn't great at coverage.

You put Kam in coverage, and if his man catches the ball...that guy is likely going to spend time in the little blue tent at some point in the game. Kam dominated games. Playoff games. He was otherworldly in the box, the equal of pro-bowl LBs. But he could also cover, as the SB showed. He wasn't shutdown but he was effective if not dangerous. The way people were just chalking Adams up as an upgrade to Kam was crazy.

Kam in his prime was equal or better than half the HOF, at least.

I think Diggs, Adams, Dunbar, and Griffin are going to work for us. Blair being hurt destroyed that big nickle option we were going to take advantage of. Plus, sending Adams but keeping Blair in coverage would have been a useful wrinkle.

Griffin was never as good as some here were projecting but he isn't as bad as people are now lamenting. He had some bad games. But how we are using our guys is also killing us.

I still believe another DC would get better results with this roster though. And part of the problem is how they are being positioned and used.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1z1mrcp5 said:
It may be our scheme is not fitting the players right now.

Cover 3 defense is not a hard defense for DB's to learn. Inside leverage, cover your 1/3rd of the field and don't get beat over the top.

But in Shaq's defense, no corner can be expected to cover for 5-8 seconds on 80% of the snaps because your D-line can't get home or disrupt the QB enough.

It's all connected.......and it's happening all over the league. I think I saw on PFF that Ramsey had his worst grade as a pro on Sunday. So if the elite DB's around the league are getting toasted because there's no crowds making it super easy for the QB's to pick apart defenses? Then it's not just our guys.

Except Flowers, he sucks and I never want to see him at DB again.

Own The West

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2udy5er7 said:
Flowers was terrible almost the entire 2nd half of last year, and especially in the playoff game against GB where Adams and Rodgers abused him like a $5 hooker........

You try to backpedal in heels...

Seriously though, We're 3-0 but .net can't stop complaining. Would you all be choking yourselves with your pearls if this was our 3rd preseason game? No, because tuning is what happens in the preseason. Well, guess what? No preseason this year and things are sloppy.

There is so much going in our favor right now: We're 3-0. Our injuries are in positions of depth. Everyone else in our division has a loss. We have two middling teams coming up and then a bye to get healthy and prepared for the meat of our schedule. 11-5, 12-4 should be well within our reach -- after a ton of questions in the off season. Our run D has made opposing teams 1-dimentional and the bulk of our defensive talent is in the secondary.

You guys are dogging a secondary with 3 Probowlers (Diggs, Adams, Griffin) and the highest rated PFF CB in 2019 (Dunbar). They are going to be fine. They are going to be dominant. It's just early.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Own The West":29aymxn2 said:
Sgt. Largent":29aymxn2 said:
Flowers was terrible almost the entire 2nd half of last year, and especially in the playoff game against GB where Adams and Rodgers abused him like a $5 hooker........

Seriously though, We're 3-0 but .net can't stop complaining. Would you all be choking yourselves with your pearls if this was our 3rd preseason game? No, because tuning is what happens in the preseason. Well, guess what? No preseason this year and things are sloppy.

There is so much going in our favor right now: We're 3-0. Our injuries are in positions of depth. Everyone else in our division has a loss. We have two middling teams coming up and then a bye to get healthy and prepared for the meat of our schedule. 11-5, 12-4 should be well within our reach -- after a ton of questions in the off season. Our run D has made opposing teams 1-dimentional and the bulk of our defensive talent is in the secondary.

You guys are dogging a secondary with 3 Probowlers (Diggs, Adams, Griffin) and the highest rated PFF CB in 2019 (Dunbar). They are going to be fine. They are going to be dominant. It's just early.

The thread title is what I posted about, that's how these things work. Someone makes a topic, and we all comment on it.

Some of the threads are positive, some are negative. So not sure what your point is, you're like Soulfish, we're not allowed to be negative ever.

3-0 is amazing, Russell and the offense look amazing, it's BY FAR the best offense we've ever seen in a Seahawk uniform. Special teams looks great.........but if you're ignoring the elephant in the room and think this team is winning a SB, or even the division with the defense playing this poorly.........you're delusional.

Mahomes would hang 60 on this defense. So I hope you're right and we see improvement, DRASTIC improvement. Because right now if Russell doesn't put up 35-40 points a game? We're not winning.

chris98251

Reaction score
Own The West":2r511zk0 said:
Sgt. Largent":2r511zk0 said:

When you see oil and antifreeze leaking out of your car would you ignore it even after you beat the guy next to you in the quarter mile?

It's an issue to say it will eventually rain don't worry about the drought is being ignorant of a problem, most are addressing a situation that if nor corrected will bite us in the ass.

D

DomeHawk

Sgt. Largent":27j556ji said:
Own The West":27j556ji said:
Sgt. Largent":27j556ji said:

The thread title is what I posted about, that's how these things work. Someone makes a topic, and we all comment on it.

Some of the threads are positive, some are negative. So not sure what your point is, you're like Soulfish, we're not allowed to be negative ever.

3-0 is amazing, Russell and the offense look amazing, it's BY FAR the best offense we've ever seen in a Seahawk uniform. Special teams looks great.........but if you're ignoring the elephant in the room and think this team is winning a SB, or even the division with the defense playing this poorly.........you're delusional.

Mahomes would hang 60 on this defense. So I hope you're right and we see improvement, DRASTIC improvement. Because right now if Russell doesn't put up 35-40 points a game? We're not winning.

^^^^This