We're going to blow out the Jags

jammerhawk

Reaction score
time will tell.

Jax has a very good D, and that will will need to be overcome to get a W. I'd not be surprised to see a close game.

A blow-out however to me seems unlikley unless the team can get things going offensively early and create some takeaways.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I get the feeling the jags aren't taking our DEPLETED secondary and Oline for real
Our lines a hell of a lot better and our secondary is doing really well so I know we're going to win but depending on the playcalling we get it might only be by a td.
I feel real confident though
14 of their sacks came from 2 crappy teams
It's not going to be as rough as many think

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Gusbusser":1kxcvpgy said:
No offense but this is exactly how we hope the Hawks feel. Especially coming off a big win. As a Jags fan I know how good this team is. I would say completely unbiased that I would take Ramsey over any corner in the league. Including Patrick Peterson. Dante Fowler was a 3rd overall pick and he isn't even a starter despite what he's done all year. Ngakoue has become a strip/sack hero. AJ Bouye is probably one of the most forgotten names and the dude is leading the Pro Bowl votes in the AFC. Even over Ramsey at #2. Hell, our mayor came in today and named Calais the mayor of our defense. Between Telvin Smith and Myles Jack we have so much speed in the middle it's crazy.

The Jags offense lost Allen Robinson and Hurns has been battling injuries so we're playing with 2 rookies and Marqise Lee. Fournette pounds the ball and will go out of his way for contact. The guy plays like Marshawn Lynch. When he needs a rest they send out Chris Ivory and keep pounding it. Bortles has improved drastically this season. He is extremely mobile and will take off. He ran for two TDs against the Cards. The coaches have incorporated anything they can this year to roll him out and to get him on the move.

Don't surprised to see our special teams try and pull one over too. It's been a theme all year. Fake punts and we even tried an onside kick randomly. Marrone isn't afraid to be creative.

Hope it's a fun game with no injuries.

#20 defense against the rush.... I’m seeing a record set by Russell Wilson. How many NFC opponents has Jax beaten? Yeah, not scared. In this game, the only way Seattle loses is if they beat themselves. Penalties, Bevell and his bubble screens or a stupid prevent defense.

RussB

Reaction score
Im not worried about fournette or the jags offense at all. I just hope their defense doesnt create a ton of turnovers that can blow the game wide open.

raisethe3

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2okwkc10 said:
Gusbusser":2okwkc10 said:
No offense but this is exactly how we hope the Hawks feel. Especially coming off a big win. As a Jags fan I know how good this team is. I would say completely unbiased that I would take Ramsey over any corner in the league. Including Patrick Peterson. Dante Fowler was a 3rd overall pick and he isn't even a starter despite what he's done all year. Ngakoue has become a strip/sack hero. AJ Bouye is probably one of the most forgotten names and the dude is leading the Pro Bowl votes in the AFC. Even over Ramsey at #2. Hell, our mayor came in today and named Calais the mayor of our defense. Between Telvin Smith and Myles Jack we have so much speed in the middle it's crazy.

The Jags offense lost Allen Robinson and Hurns has been battling injuries so we're playing with 2 rookies and Marqise Lee. Fournette pounds the ball and will go out of his way for contact. The guy plays like Marshawn Lynch. When he needs a rest they send out Chris Ivory and keep pounding it. Bortles has improved drastically this season. He is extremely mobile and will take off. He ran for two TDs against the Cards. The coaches have incorporated anything they can this year to roll him out and to get him on the move.

Don't surprised to see our special teams try and pull one over too. It's been a theme all year. Fake punts and we even tried an onside kick randomly. Marrone isn't afraid to be creative.

If Patrick Peterson is your bar for top CBs then the bar is low. He's not a top 5 CB anymore. Hasn't been for awhile now. He is quite overrated though.

I agree. I just never really see what's good about him. Its either all hype or I am blind.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love the optimism OP, I really do but I have to go along with the majority. Take the under. This game has 13-9, 16-13, 19-14 written all over it.

I do agree that the Jags will be in for a surprise if they expect us to be like the Browns, Colts, etc...They talk about how this is 2017, not the 2013-15 Seahawks and they are right, but believe this...

The Seahawks are 21-5 in December since 2011 under Pete Carroll which leads the NFL.

It's hard to think of a more consistently scary team in December other than the Seahawks in the past 5 years.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I hope the op is right, but this game scares me. On the road on the complete opposite side of the country against a team with the same record as us. Mention their Browns and Colts and I'll throw in our 49ers twice. The team is high off a win against one of the best teams in the league. The Jags, no matter their record and talent have been underdogs for years, and the perception is still likely there, admittedly or not. This has trap written all over it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":zfv4fyve said:
I hope the op is right, but this game scares me. On the road on the complete opposite side of the country against a team with the same record as us. Mention their Browns and Colts and I'll throw in our 49ers twice. The team is high off a win against one of the best teams in the league. The Jags, no matter their record and talent have been underdogs for years, and the perception is still likely there, admittedly or not. This has trap written all over it.

Oh trust me this is definitely the type of game we normally lose. I don't think it's a trap game though because that would imply that the Jags are 4-8 and not 8-4. The Seahawks know damn well this game will be as tough as the Eagles game. Both the Eagles and Jags are very, very good teams (despite the inconsistent Bortles). I just hope they didn't blow their collective wads last Sunday night and left 60 more minutes of solid football for this Sunday.

The Seahawks of yesteryear might have looked past this game already thinking about the gigantic Rams matchup a week from Sunday but not this year.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I hate threads like these. Seriously, have some respect for your opponent. We've had our fair share of struggles this year and it simply amazes me how jekyl and hyde this forum is

I don't watch Jaguar film, so I'm not going to be arrogant. They have a great secondary and a great D-line. They can run the ball REALLY well. This would actually be the perfect game for a running game, which we don't have. Mike Davis hasn't proven ANYTHING yet

Just please, let's take it easy

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
People have already commented on this. However it will be a low scoring affair.

Decimation

Reaction score
I don’t think it will be a blowout at all. Their defense is fantastic and this will be quite the challenge but I think this team is up to it. I predict something like 17-13.

hawker84

Reaction score
can't see it. hoping for one of those patented ugly grind it out wins, with last minute heroics for RW. Defense does enough to give us a chance.... Hope I'm wrong and you're right though, would love to see it.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
^Yep^

Defensive battle. Every blade counts. A kick will be the difference. Potential injuries will be a concern.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Gusbusser":13k2211f said:

Good post. Your defense reminds me and many of us of ours in 2013. Absolutely terrorizing and a pleasure to watch. I expect a good game.

Also, I'd take like 6 corners over Patrick Peterson. ;)

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
They're probably reading the OP on the radio in north Florida and trying not to laugh.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Well the Jets, Cardinals, Titans, and Rams beat them. Why is it such a stretch to think the Hawks can't ? Not predicting a blowout, but I'm not worried. Hawks by 4

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DeSeahawk":1w59m7xj said:
Well the Jets, Cardinals, Titans, and Rams beat them. Why is it such a stretch to think the Hawks can't ? Not predicting a blowout, but I'm not worried. Hawks by 4
Good point! :2thumbs:

I think it’s going to come down the which one of our OC’s personality’s shows up.
The rare one that showed up last week that is aggressive, and let’s Russ run early, and dictates to the opponent....

Or the typical passive one that wants to “feel out the other team for 3 quarters” and let’s the dictating be done by the other team.

IMHO, it’s going to come down to the quality of game planning, and play calling on both sides of the ball, and elimination of stupid mistakes, we don’t need a ton of big plays just a couple.