We're going to blow out the Jags

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I don't know about blowout, but it wouldn't totally shock me either. To me, it all comes down to 2 basic factors:

1) Seahawks Defense vs. the Run. If this team does what it does, plays gap control, bottles up the run, and makes this Jags team 1 Dimensional ... then to me, that puts the Jags up against the ropes.

2) Russell Wilson. History says that Russell Wilson not just shines -- but is amongst the NFL's elite QB's for the month of December. http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143177
If #1 happens and Russell simply does what he's historically always done in December, IMO that's the knockout blow.

History says that in the month of December that both #1 and #2 happen more frequently than not. Since 2012, the Seahawks have gone 18-5 with him at the helm (they win 78.2% of the time). If I were a betting man, I'd take those odds any day.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3dwrjinb said:
DeSeahawk":3dwrjinb said:
Well the Jets, Cardinals, Titans, and Rams beat them. Why is it such a stretch to think the Hawks can't ? Not predicting a blowout, but I'm not worried. Hawks by 4
Good point! :2thumbs:
Not really. My response to both of you is this: the transitive property does not work in the NFL. It's about match-ups more than anything else.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Between two fairly comparable teams, I would think that logic would dictate - go with the team with the most proven and consistent playoff experience, in a fairly close game. A blowout is not probable, but just may be possible if the chips fall in favor of the Seahawks via multiple turnovers and/or RW having a huge maniacal game, both of which are always - at least possible.
:smilingalien:

chris98251

Reaction score
Simply look at the QB's they have faced, Mariota was just coming back from a injury and had not been unleashed again, he is the closest thing to a Wilson they have faced, Watson was in his first game.

D. Watson 12 23 102 1 and rushed for 16 yds.

Wilson is going to be something they really have not seen and film doesn't as a Eagle player said even come close to preparing you for what he does live.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I don't think we'll blow them out, but I do feel we'll be prepared to counter whatever they throw at us and make the necessary adjustments to win the game. We'll slow play it again to dictate the tempo, keep things close and then strike like a cobra in the fourth to seize control of an important road game.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
A good defensive team does not collapse like that.

The Jags are solid at all levels of their defense.

Seattles defense needs to play big, force turnovers and possibly score points for the offense to be in the best position to control the game.

This game will be difficult.

The Jags IMO are the "more" motivated team in this game and that does not bode well for this game.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Normally I'm a bit conservative on my predictions and would likely chalk this one up as a 27-17 victory, but I have felt all week that this would be the exclamation point at the end of the statement from last week against the Eagles. 41-13 Seahawks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
A Jags source has leaked that LB Telvin Smith is out today with a concussion. That will make a difference for them.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/939943316904390656[/tweet]

quadsas

Reaction score
I feel like chance of a blowout is higher than a tight game. I think Russell will absolutely light them up rushing specifically.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Like I said, ridiculous statement. Respect your opponent

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Their offense is being exposed alright. Bortles is being exposed as a better pocket presence than Wilson, lol.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Not looking good for us op

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Crizilla":3u5j7iji said:
OP is why I hate Seahawk fans sometimes

An incorrect prediction? That's your biggest criticism of the fan base currently?

Man oh man

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Mindsink":2fezv2qe said:
Seriously. This will be a game where the Jags get exposed on offense (they're one-dimensional) and it gets out of hand. I would not be surprised to see a 40-burger, as we run it up in the 2nd half as Bortles starts throwing picks.

Their defense is not prepared for what Wilson is about to unleash. Their stout defensive line will be rendered irrelevant because Russell KNOWS how to play on the run with pass rushers on his tail. I said the same thing about the Eagles last week. Doesn't matter how good your D-line is because EVERY D-line looks great vs our O-line.

The D-line will be gassed and the secondary will not know what to do against the extended plays they'll be forced to defend.

I see a 41-6 type of game. It will be a shellacking.

Anyone else think so?

You're the poster of the week for having the courage to post this. It had everything a prediction post should, including sound reasoning for your prediction. Although it did not come true, you do not deserve any vitriol for this post.

Good job.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2yd0g3ff said:
Crizilla":2yd0g3ff said:

An incorrect prediction? That's your biggest criticism of the fan base currently?

Man oh man

Opinions should be rooted in facts and reason

Did Op watch film and do research, or simply make a lot of assumptions based on conventional wisdom. They’re a great defense, there was every reason to expect a tough game

Crizilla

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":18snbah9 said:
Crizilla":18snbah9 said:

Man oh man

This was more than an incorrect prediction. He completely bombed it. Obviously did no research on the jags, either.

For the record, even if the Seahawks somehow come back and win this was still a dumb thread

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Scorpion05":uydfmoou said:
Maelstrom787":uydfmoou said:
Crizilla":uydfmoou said:

Man oh man

Opinions should be rooted in facts and reason

Did Op watch film and do research, or simply make a lot of assumptions based on conventional wisdom. They’re a great defense, there was every reason to expect a tough game

You're asking the wrong person, and again, an incorrect prediction even if it was poorly-researced (it really wasn't) is not even a drop in the ocean of "I was correct in hindsight" shitposts.