What do my Bucs need to do?

12thbrah

Reaction score
How do we know Dirk Koetter didn't start this thread?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Watch the Bill's film and copy all the misdirection they did with Taylor that IMO the Bucs could do with Winston's mobility.

Take advantage of all the 2nd stringers on defense by forcing them to make the correct reads, fits and gaps.

Tical21

Reaction score
Jameis needs to compete for 60 minutes.

The Seahawks typically don't just come and blow people out like the Pats or someone else might. We lean and lean until the other team breaks. It will be a close game, Jameis will take the underneath stuff given to him, get hit quite a bit, and maybe still be losing. This is when tight Seahawks games turn into blowouts against young-ish qbs. For instance, Wentz got frustrated and finally just lofted a ball up for grabs last week. Sherm picked it and game over. When the qb gets out of his head for a second, the Seahawks D starts that roller coaster to blowout land.

Jameis is going to get picked this week. How will he respond? Tyrod Taylor kept fighting and they almost won. Will Jameis be mentally tough enough to keep fighting, or will he get on the frustration rollercoaster?

xStickybudz

Reaction score
You should run the ball at Bobby Wagner and Bennett.

I hear they suck so that's probably your best bet

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":ui47hh5n said:
Evans moves all over the formation, including the slot. Will Sherm being willing to go there?

Sherm started playing nickel in the first game of the 2015 season, against the Rams, and has done it ever since.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1lgtvnp9 said:
Kennedyin92":1lgtvnp9 said:
Mizak":1lgtvnp9 said:
Seahawks shouldn't take the Bucs lightly at all. It's not even a trap game. These guys are one game behind for 1st place in their division. The Bucs are an improving team.

True they shouldn't take the game lightly, but let's be real. One game back in the NFC South isn't saying much because the division stinks.
A division that does have a team that beat us....Just sayin...
Let's not get cocky. There has been parity in NFL this season. No game is easy and no division stinks. We are playing very thin at RB and missing two HUGE pieces of our D. We are very vulnerable this weekend.

Was just looking at their remaining games: Us, @ San Diego, Saints (at Bucs), @ Dallas, @Saints, Panthers (at Bucs).

Ticket prices for our game can be had for as little as $30...wow and the highest (Dallas) for $39. Remember when our tickets were nearly this cheap? :shock:

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I'm not getting cocky, just merely pointing out that being one game back in a division doesn't absolutely make your team good. In the same fashion that being up 3 games in your division doesn't absolutely make your team good...

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
It's time for Winston to establish himself as a legitimate threat at quarterback. He needs to throw at Sherman early and often to let him know, "I'm not afraid of you Richard Sherman. "

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":2zexv08o said:
It's time for Winston to establish himself as a legitimate threat at quarterback. He needs to throw at Sherman early and often to let him know, "I'm not afraid of you Richard Sherman. "

Yes! The more you throw at Sherman, the more he's prone to getting flustered and making mistakes ;)

RCATES

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":12k3zsgj said:
The Bucs are facing the Seahawks at the perfect time (from their perspective). For the first time in 6 years, Seattle is vulnerable to the deep pass IMO. Earl Thomas (the best FS in football) is the straw that stirs the drink for this defense. He's what really makes that defense go. His sideline to sideline speed and instincts is what allows the Hawks to be able to play Single High Safety. He is a phenomenal center fielder, as he single handedly takes away deep shots downfield. It sounds like he's going to miss at least the next couple of games with a hamstring injury. DeShawn Shead (starting CB opposite Sherman) was also hurt against the Eagles on Sunday, so while the Seahawks DO have depth ... Thomas in particular is simply irreplaceable. So yeah, if Winston can avoid the onslaught of Seattle's pass rush, I'm afraid that there will be yards to be had downfield (unfortunately).

I'd be shocked if Mccray didn't play FS this week if Earl is indeed out. McCray did a lot of free safety in camp and has the speed and ability to play that position well. I'd feel a lot better having Mccray and Kam out there personally.

OP
OP
Moozician

Moozician

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":2v86tgrr said:

I dunno... but that doesn't SEEM like a good idea.

I mean, Psychologically speaking, it may be great, but the actual results may vary greatly.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Honestly, you need to have a balance of a running game and play action pass.

Running game will be difficult against Seattle but sometimes we play down to competition. Then you will need to test Terrell in for Earl at Free Safety.

As much as I'd like to say Seattle has this, as I'm going to the game. I still for some reason think it might be close. Not exactly worried but not extremely comfortable either.

But, alas thus is the Seahawks.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Moozician":mmf05ea2 said:
Sterlinghawk":mmf05ea2 said:

I dunno... but that doesn't SEEM like a good idea.

I mean, Psychologically speaking, it may be great, but the actual results may vary greatly.

I think the poster was being sarcastic, and admitting a sure way for the Bucs to lose. At least that's what I think will happen if you do that, lol.

Too bad Mike Evans isn't a TE. I think Shead coming back at least somewhat neutralizes his threat on the field. I still think he will get his but where else?

You need to establish a running game ala Lynch' Seahawks for four quarters, which will be very difficult against, our defensive line and lb crew.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Jerhawk":ve7qz8j8 said:
Hawk-Lock":ve7qz8j8 said:
Keep Evans away from Sherm and throw it up to him. Evans is a top 5 WR. Just pray he goes for 200 yards and 3 TD's.

Very true. Evans is incredible. Johnny Manziel should send him a Christmas card for making him a first round pick.

I'd be stunned if Kris Richard doesn't have Sherman shadowing Evans. However, in the Falcons game, they did a good job of initially having Julio on the outside matched up with Sherman, then they'd motion out a tight end or fullback out wide, forcing Sherm to go further out wide with that player and allowing Julio to be one on one with a safety or linebacker

Sherm certainly can shadow Evans, but given that two starters will be out this week the question will be can the replacements play both sides of the field? I think there will be a mix of coverages. This will be an interesting game plan.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Moozician":31lslqp2 said:
What's the formula, people? How can the Bucs beat Seattle? EVERY team has a weakness.

Thank you Moozician for generating a thought-provoking discussion. May the better team win! I'm VERY worried about all our injuries. Earl Thomas hurts, Shead too. So sad about CJ Prosise's collarbone break - he was just hitting his straps: would be SO valuable interchanging with Rawls. Gotta hope Thomas Rawls stays healthy and potent.

Latest posts