What do you make of this?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Baldwin said in his presser that he lost his cool and it was 100% his fault. Stand up dude that can admit when he was at fault. I think last year's situation could have been a lot less of an issue if Sherm could have done the same thing.

renofox

Reaction score
Seanhawk":20dnomfu said:
Baldwin said in his presser that he lost his cool and it was 100% his fault. Stand up dude that can admit when he was at fault. I think last year's situation could have been a lot less of an issue if Sherm could have done the same thing.

I really disliked Baldwin's attitude for a couple years. From 2013 - 2014 he was becoming more and more immature and negative, culminating in the incident where he embarrassed himself and the Seahawks with the drop-a-deuce celebration in the SB.

Since that time, Baldwin has shown excellent character on a consistent basis. His pressers and appearances have been professional and informative. His approach to the political turmoil enveloping the NFL is the only approach I've seen that is respectful, effective, and advances ideas which can lead to change.

Anybody who criticizes Doug for performing his duties as a team leader is clueless.

HawkeyGoalie

Reaction score
Seatle PI:

Seattle had the ball for 20 minutes in the first half and picked up 15 first downs, but a Thomas Rawls fumble, a 16-play drive that stalled at the goal-line and three drops – one in the end zone – left little to show for it. The Seahawks trailed 7-3 and looked discombobulated offensively. It got to the point television cameras captured a heated sideline conversation, led by Doug Baldwin, who shoved offensive line coach Tom Cable in chest while barking at the team. That didn’t seem to negatively impact the team’s play moving forward, but it was emblematic of disappointing opening half. Explaining the situation, coach Pete Carroll said Russell Wilson wanted to rally the offense, which clashed with Carroll's instructions to Cable to also address the unit. When Cable stepped in, Baldwin halted him to ensure Wilson's words were heard. Carroll called the incident "no big deal." Baldwin admitted he lost his cool and was frustrated with the offense at the time. He said it was "100 percent my fault" and he apologized to Cable later. Baldwin wanted the players to take accountability for their lack of execution, rather than have a coach step in and fire them up.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/foo...-from-Seahawks-win-at-the-Giants-12297815.php

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah Baldwins instinct to bawl out his teammates for crappy execution was perfect, when it didn't quite go how he was picturing it In terms of cable being in the middle and it looking weird he squashes it.
It's why Baldwins passion is fine. He won't be egotistical afterwards and drag the issue out for a year and simmer.

Josea16

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1eff7adn said:
Honestly don't have the mental motivation to really partake in these dramas anymore. Don't condone it but at this point don't really care about it either. Lot of good things to talk about our team right now besides whom pushed whom and the way the media is going to want to blow this up is going to make me want to punch myself in the face.
Agreed. Sometimes it's awesome having no cable/satellite and living out of market. The Seahawks are a half game back of the Rams with the tiebreaker and get the Eagles at home. It's perfectly chill trust me.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Sherman says ... Doug's been doing it since his freshman year in College. Check out the youtube below.
I see Doug as a future leader well beyond his football career as a player. He has all the right qualities of a leader.
He is hard working, he is honest with others and himself, he leads by example, he voices his opinion in a constructive way, he is well articulate, he knows the issues and of course, he knows how to run routes and get open ... and he is tough as nail.
I remember when ESPN analysts called him a "Pedestrian WR" prior to the SB. He shut them off on TV, then went on to win the SB. He still doesn't get the respect he deserves, but on 3rd down, he is the guy Russell looks up the most and he usually delivers. When we needed to beef up our Defense, he is the guy who restructured his contract ...
Doug is all in. And I can tell, this team wants another shot at the SB. And we all know, the O-Line is the area that is the youngest and the least experience and will need the most coaching and help.
[youtube]ZjXSPyCpXLc[/youtube]

renofox":2dghfxnm said:
I really disliked Baldwin's attitude for a couple years. From 2013 - 2014 he was becoming more and more immature and negative, culminating in the incident where he embarrassed himself and the Seahawks with the drop-a-deuce celebration in the SB.
Since that time, Baldwin has shown excellent character on a consistent basis. His pressers and appearances have been professional and informative. His approach to the political turmoil enveloping the NFL is the only approach I've seen that is respectful, effective, and advances ideas which can lead to change.
Anybody who criticizes Doug for performing his duties as a team leader is clueless.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
This whole incident will fall under "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see".

Seanhawk

Reaction score
renofox":5l00vi90 said:
Seanhawk":5l00vi90 said:

I think he made an effort to turn things around after XLIX.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
renofox":3s4pp4la said:
Seanhawk":3s4pp4la said:

Great post! :irishdrinkers:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I read in the PFF thread that Doug hasn't been credited with a drop in this drop filled season so he had every right to speak to the other receivers about their drops. I've been vocal about Pete's cultivation of a three ring circus type atmosphere but I can also see the players that are getting it done on the field not wanting to take criticism from someone who isn't.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
LOL, this was a funny moment. Cable even smiled and wagged his finger. I'm glad we won in a blowout. Had it been a close win, this thread would have become silly.

Exittium

Reaction score
I feel the emotion and passion ADB displayed woke the team up. Example: Jimmy's TD they were still dancing on the sidelines for me at least it's been a bit since I've seen them have FUN on the sidelines like that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LolaRox":3cos9eml said:
Pete just said that Russell was trying to get the offense together and Doug was trying to make sure that Russell got his chance to talk and that everyone was listening. Pete had already sent Cable over to talk to the offense but didn't know Russ was doing it.

So it sounds like Doug wanted Russ to talk and not Cable lol.

This.

Doug was proud of Russell for FINALLY taking charge and yelling at the offense to get their crap together with all the mistakes, and Cable butted in to defend his O-line, and Doug was having none of it.

Good for Doug. Who btw I now trust IMPLICITLY. Whatever Doug says, I'm in, he always says what's up, and says it perfectly.

Gonna make a fantastic coach one day.

Seymour

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":qto7nx9e said:
Cyrus12":qto7nx9e said:
http://dailysnark.com/seahawks-wr-doug-baldwin-gets-shoving-match-coach-tom-cable-sideline/

IMHO much to do about nothing. I am sure this will get played out int he media in these forums ad nauseum.

Agree.
Much to do about nothing being scored that is.

IrishNW

Reaction score
These whole situation just feels weird. I know Doug Baldwin apologized and basically said it was his fault but Baldwin also praised percy harvin a few days after getting punched by him. Pete Carroll preaches "protect the team" and this team has shown in the past that it is a very very tight ship. What if this was something more and Baldwin is just doing what he does and protecting the team? Like I said, this whole situation just feels weird

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Cc5674":3da5pz0g said:
Good thing they were playing a short handed Giants team. Really not too impressive if you ask me. Garbage time points dont make up for an Offense with no identity. For a team coming off a BYE week they just looked terrible. From pregame follies to in game fights among themselves they look a lot like the Pete Carroll teams that implode eventually. Pete has lost control.

We're in the hunt for a first round bye in the playoffs.

We are hitting a soft part of our schedule where we should pick up wins. We are set up for a good finish, yet again. This season is going to hinge on late November/December as is always the case.

The Giants still have a good defense. In fact their defense was pretty close to par with ours at the end of last season. We added since then. But that could be the 2nd best defense we play all year after Jacksonville's. We scored 24 despite misfiring on several chances to put up 40.

Honestly, I think the season is playing out about as expected. I thought being 4-2 at this point in the season would be about the best case scenario, with tough games being GB/Tenn/LA and NY. We split those as I thought we might.

I don't make anything of Baldwin's outburst. This is nothing new with this club. And it's not ever proven to be destructive to team chemistry. In fact, it pretty much is our team chemistry. Able to be passionate and yet remain committed to the team's success. It's better than the alternative where players stew in silence and let frustrations fester to the point where productivity and performance are compromised.