What is Bruce Irvin worth?

netskier

Reaction score
All first rounders sign the first contract for five years.

He is now a designated spy to shut down the running of Kap and Cam. They don't run because they can not get sway from him. That is valuable.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
netskier":p13u8oba said:

He is now a designated spy to shut down the running of Kap and Cam. They don't run because they can not get sway from him. That is valuable.

Kaep's team is irrelevant and Cam doesn't play us this year so his value has dropped.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3soykov2 said:
If we start trading away more players locker rooms issues are sure to arise.

If we start trading away locker room issues, problems are sure to decline.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2m7y9i2z said:
TheRealDTM":2m7y9i2z said:
If we start trading away more players locker rooms issues are sure to arise.

If we start trading away locker room issues, problems are sure to decline.
Who is a locker room issue?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1ydir25g said:
netskier":1ydir25g said:

Kaep's team is irrelevant and Cam doesn't play us this year so his value has dropped.

Are you sure Cam doesn't play us? Panthers won their division. Seahawks won theirs.

And if you think that's all Irvin is you're being blind and obviously reaching on hating a player.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I have no doubt Bruce has incredible talent. I worry about his behavior and how well he meshes. I believe he was vocal about not being happy with the Harvin trade, now him and our new Elite TE could cause disruption. I also remember Bruce tweeting post SB negative comments about our decision not to ruin Lynch. Not cool to be so anti management. I think he is more than 50% likely to walk for the big money in FA, nothing abouthim shows he is a team first player. Would not surprise me if he was one of the players that needed an attitude adjustment for the 12 team leaders who held a secret meeting before we went on a tear.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Wenhawk":dwzn3chy said:
I have no doubt Bruce has incredible talent. I worry about his behavior and how well he meshes. I believe he was vocal about not being happy with the Harvin trade, now him and our new Elite TE could cause disruption. I also remember Bruce tweeting post SB negative comments about our decision not to ruin Lynch. Not cool to be so anti management. I think he is more than 50% likely to walk for the big money in FA, nothing abouthim shows he is a team first player. Would not surprise me if he was one of the players that needed an attitude adjustment for the 12 team leaders who held a secret meeting before we went on a tear.

I don't think he's an elite talent at any one position, I think he has the skill set to be elite, but having the skill set and doing it are two different things.

He might be more valuable to Seattle's plug-and-play system, but I have a feeling most teams would have a hard time down right picking up a guy like this for one position and paying him starter type league average money.

Everything else is spot on.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2b6yfuck said:

Irvin wasn't the only one upset at Harvin nor running Lynch. Half the team was probably upset with Harvin being traded, so it seemed from rumors.

And 98. Something % of the team with the exceptception of Russ was probably mad that Lynch didn't get the rock.

You're going to punish Irvin over all others for having emotion and having the balls to voice his opinion?

Okay. But by all means let's don't forget the fact that Irvin and Pete are also on record of having a great relationship.

McG

Reaction score
A lot less than he thinks he's worth. I wouldn't exactly call this guy a genius or a realist. I would be shocked if we resign him just due to what he is going to be asking for.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I wonder if Irvin is coveted by some 3-4 teams. He might like a Von Miller-type role and test FA when it comes around depending on how things go until then. All "maybes" and "what ifs" right now.

I'd keep him until we had a viable replacement on roster. His versatility and athleticism are big time.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ush7d9i6 said:
If he plays out his contract and it doesn't work out we'll get a compensatory pick for him when he signs elsewhere. Might as well hang on to him as long as he's playing on his relatively cheap rookie deal.

I like him, I hope he has a long career in Seattle.

That's my thinking. Let him deliver again next season and see what we have. If the market goes over what we're willing to pay to keep him, let him go and enjoy the compensatory pick.

McGruff

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3t3xvby0 said:

Tweets are nothing. I wish we would all stop putting stock into tweets. Tweets are instant reactions to temporary situations. They do not constitute "locker room issues."

Players have always felt the way they feel and reacted the way they react. The difference now is they tweet their reactions for public consumption. The bottom line remains the same . . . all this stuff is handled internally and we aren't privy to those actually meaningful conversations.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":11h141mh said:
Wenhawk":11h141mh said:

Irvin wasn't the only one upset at Harvin nor running Lynch. Half the team was probably upset with Harvin being traded, so it seemed from rumors.

And 98. Something % of the team with the exceptception of Russ was probably mad that Lynch didn't get the rock.

You're going to punish Irvin over all others for having emotion and having the balls to voice his opinion?

Okay. But by all means let's don't forget the fact that Irvin and Pete are also on record of having a great relationship.

You say "having the balls to voice his opinion" and I say "the shortsightedness to publicly disagree with management" Who is right?

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not everyone is Russ Wilson and always politically correct. But Irvin has a track record, drugs, college troubles, P.E.D's, late hit penalties, fighting in the SB, a vocal backer of Harvin (who was a cancer), calling out coaches for poor calls.

What else am I missing?

BuZzB28

Reaction score
Mike 4G":ss1d9nkc said:
I hear Atlanta is looking for pass rushers.

That is head new coach Atlanta need for pass rushers if we can send Irvin to Atlanta for 4th rounds picks.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Irvin, but he is a decent/good player, that has developed his game a bit. If he left today and the team inserted KPL into his spot I would be more than happy with that. As for what Irvin is worth, I would guess a 5th or 6th, I really don't see to many teams giving up a 3rd or 4th for a guy that is a average LB and a slightly above average pass rusher.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If would be excited for an early 3rd or better but would be satisfied with a 4th.

Latest posts